Page 361 of 579 [ 9257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 579  Next

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:34 pm

I can't stand being given ADVICE I NEVER ASKED FOR.

I have a new business. It's only in the early stages. Nothing big happens overnight. I'M aware of that but my f*****g so-called friends don't seem to be.

I have NEVER asked ANYONE I know for advice about this new business. NEEEVVVVERRRRRRRR.

I have only mentioned it as something I'm exited about. And lightly, casually promoted it. Given a card if someone asked for one.

I have NEVERRRRRRR said "Gee I need opinions."

I have NEVER said "Gee I need help."

I have not even COMPLAINED about anything. I've actually been pleased with how it's going and have not even given anyone any reason to believe I'm looking for their advice, suggestions or how to run my f*****g business.

And yet.....

EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG is suggesting stuff. And most of it happens to be REALLY BAD advice too.

One person using the same site as me actually gave me such bad advice, the opposite of what's even legal, that I can't help but think she was actually trying to sabotage me and she thought I'm STUPID.

Another friend keeps asking how things are going, and oddly enough since he started to ask, things have gone downhill. They were going just fine before I "disclosed" about my enterprise.

Why is it things always go well for me when I don't even tell anyone anything and just soldier on alone, but go badly once I let anyone in on something?

I know it's not rational but I feel like he's jinxing my enterprise. He also has no idea how hard I'm working yet he is pressuring me with "I tell you what you should do"

AAAAGHGHGHGHGHGHI NEVER ASKED!! !! !! I NEVER ASKED. I NEVER ASKED. I NEVER EFFFING ASKED. I'm doing what I WANT TO DO STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO! !! !

traven
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:23 am

^^i see
sorry i mean; i understand, i'm sorry
some things sometimes, some things you can't change, but only change to be less upset about it, and maybe slowly (with some practice) it goes away

i often tell myself i shouldn't be all that much ears
(hearing) in a world that doesn't use ears
but a lot of talk to prevent hearing

i've always the problem not knowing how to get people to stop talking
i don't know how to do that and in what way
some people can't even let me go to the toilet
once a guy said, no worry, i'm not a prude (as if he could come to keep on talking)
:mrgreen: not at all well-understood then

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 7:19 am

That rude b***h that lives on the first floor. I can't stand her! If anyone should DARE to violate her, she is quick to complain or talk s**t about it. At the same time she does the exact same thing to others. How is that even possible??? Does she not see it? or doesn't she care? I hope I grow the balls one day to let her have it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:33 am

It's a thing called "hypocrisy." It is endemic in people who seek power.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 10:07 am

i hate it when threads pertinent to me are locked before i can comment. my husband was a straight-A college student, but dropped out near graduation due to illness. he's an example of someone without a degree who makes a wonderful mate. he retired a year-and-a-half ago. i went back to school fulltime. he took over the laundry, dishes, and cleaning. he had always done the yard work, but started falling, so he hired it out. a bachelor's degree may be a mark of responsibility, but many responsible folks don't have a degree.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 10:24 am

I've known very smart people who didn't finish high school.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2017, 3:53 pm

I've been on the edge for a while and I learnt something that has pushed me over. I haven't felt like this in a while, I've been miserable but I didn't think I could really cry anymore, I've spent today in a delirious haze, started seriously considering suicide, talking to myself, I get these flashes that cause my head to spasm, and a bunch of other things. The last time I felt so intensely like this I almost burned down the building I was in, so I'm pretty worried.

I was going to rant about the circumstances that led to this, but it's a complicated situation and difficult to explain, basically somebody not giving me any information about something led to me making a decision which I feel has ruined my life.

For that matter there's the way that being diagnosed with Asperger's has hurt me. I could rant a lot about how society and my dysfunctional family has been hurting me from a very young age but I've not got it in me now, I've said it so many times to so many people. I can't remember the last time I actually felt happy about something.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 4:00 pm

^I don't know if this is to any help at all

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2017, 4:24 pm

^^^^ being nice always helps, thank you Froya! And if anyone wants to talk that'd also be lovely, I feel a little better now but I have a feeling this is going to keep coming back to me and I doubt I'm going to sleep very well tonight :\

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 6:10 pm

I'm currently failing art. And holy crippity crap crap, my learning disability is popping up in a whole lot more places than I thought it would be. I never thought I would struggle this much with drawing. And it seems like I have to practice twice as much as everyone else, just to be able to get a grasp of what we're doing. :?

But everything else I do, I'm gonna struggle with equally as much. Especially writing, which is ironically what I want to do the most but is also the area that I am most inhibited in. :|

Even managing my own life... haha, especially with my meltdowns. :skull:

It feels like I have to micromanage everything I do, just to prevent it all from toppling over. And, uhm, sometimes it drives me kind of crazy because I have to deal with that on top of my struggles with school and speaking and not being able to sleep. 8O And sometimes it just doesn't feel like it's worth it...

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 8:48 pm

I don't know anything. I feel like kind of a crappy person. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 2:51 pm

I'm so tired of living and anxiety and self hatred. I wish i was never born sometimes.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 9:01 am

I don't care how much I have to work, I will make as much money as I can.

They say money can't buy happiness, but I disagree.

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

I am in my thirties and still living at home, tied to my father's pursestrings, still being controlled by him, suffering his endless seemingly unstoppable habit of getting involved in every single thing that I do, asking questions, chatting idly while I attempt to concentrate, working hard in his way at trying to connect at all the wrong moments, convinced I need some stimulation or more to do when all I ever really needed was the autonomy to pursue some action or interest that I can actually do without interruption and talking talking talking!

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Sep 2017, 8:36 am

^Your father sounds like an amateur who read a how-to book.

I see your quote from Jung - are you into Jung? I am.

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 8:48 am

^ I always appreciated the things I heard of Jung in passing. Finally embarking on the journey of reading Jung myself, starting with The Undiscovered Self. Such a great writer, almost every sentence is packed with a ton of carefully worded information, and poetically expressive too.

My dad is most likely on the spectrum but nearing his eighties, so diagnosis is impractical and likely of no help while change of his ancient and controlling routines is impractical. I communicate best in silence, he is a chatterbox, and also semi-retired and very bored.

*and he hoards food and tries to control what everyone eats, which is agonizing.

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

Last edited by shadowself on 30 Sep 2017, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.