Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 7:39 pm

My life is changing soon. I'm finding myself without a passion and it's hugely depressing.

I'm leaving my job, which has been my passion for a long time.

I'm not getting a new job. I'm leaving for health reasons.

At the same time, one of my biggest health battles is doing well (my Eosinophilic Esophagitis is in remission).

I shouldn't have more kids. Deciding the best ways to prepare and deal with children from 0-3 is my passion. And now I don't really have it anymore.

I'm supposed to focus on my health, but it's not that interesting.

Maybe, I can learn to make products for children from birth-3? I could do that on my own schedule, but I don't really know how to start that. (And I shouldn't until August/September anyway)

What do you do when you don't have a passion?

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 8:09 pm

Maybe you should explore new things? Try out some hobby or sport activities you have never done before?

dreambrother
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2017, 8:15 pm

Can you create a fantastic website or blog about your passion? There are plenty of free website templates out there. Though your job situation is changing, your passion remains, right?

It's also fun to find new things to be excited about. Browsing Meetup.com just to see all the interesting stuff people get excited about can be fun. You don't even have to attend a Meetup event, but maybe you'll want to!

Best wishes! :mrgreen:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 8:23 pm

i'm in the same situation, having given up work for health reasons.
you have to find something to keep you busy or you go mental.
Find something that takes you out of the timestream i.e when you're doing it, you lose all track of time.
I've been very meticulously painting my furniture, painstakingly weeding my lawn, spiffily cleaning behind/under everything, sorting/colour coding my collections etc.
It won't change the world, but it makes things more bearable in my little world.
And it keeps you somewhat sane until you find your next 'thing'.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 9:39 pm

I get incredibly bored and slightly depressed until I come across a new interest for which I can occupy my mind with. Sometimes I find new interests from specifically searching for them and other times they find me.