Developing Intuition and Emotional Intelligence?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

How well do you feel you get in touch with your intuition?
I use my intuition on a regular basis. 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
I use my intuition often. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sometimes, I use my intuition. 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Hardly ever. Analysis is pretty much my only tool. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 10:04 am

Anyone have any resources or experiences to share about increasing moment-to-moment emotional self-awareness or developing intuition?

People tell me all the time to follow my gut, the knowledge of what to do and various situations that comes from a place of calm certainty. They say that intuition doesn't come from a place of fear or even excitement, just calm assurance. But how to find this feeling under my other feelings?

I stumbled across this emotional intelligence tool kit from a reputable source that includes descriptions of quick, sensory-based stress relief techniques. The toolkit quickly progresses to meditations that help me to feel the sensations in my body with less thinking. Then, meditations follow which have people call up stressful situations and learn to manage their feelings. It's here:
http://www.helpguide.org/emotional-intelligence-toolkit

Anyone else ever tried it? Thanks for sharing.

LittleLu
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2016, 10:14 am

I'm gonna have to scale this down to some basic speech as I'm pretty sure I got the gist of what you're asking, lol. (Feeling slow today.)

I use my intuition daily, and reason for that is because intuition, to me, is not as complex as other people make it out to be. Intuition is this example:

You're walking down a hallway, and you see a person coming at you from the other direction. The more you look at this person, the more they "feel" uncomfortable to you. Shady. Like they make you feel unsafe. So, you turn and head down a different hallway away from that person. Later on you see that very same person harassing another. Your intuition spoke for you there. Your heart told you what was probably the safest direction to take. It was a gut feeling that you acted upon and were right about.

Intuition is an ideal that keeps people safe, in my opinion. If I don't feel comfortable doing something but can't explain why, I usually just don't do it and figure it's my intuition telling me I shouldn't for some reason I am not conscious of yet. I feel that it has a lot to do with the subconscious. It's an internal device that asks you "Are you comfortable with this situation? Yes or no?" It isn't intellectual increase or dealing with stress. It's recognizing that your subconscious is talking to you in subtle ways. It's your own body hints that something might be off, or something might be a good idea. If you ever feel "swayed" to make a decision based on how you feel about it alone, that's intuition.

I hope this helps! And I hope I covered some of what you were asking. >.<

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 10:21 am

I understand; the example you gave seems to be quite common. I just don't seem to experience this type of feeling in the same way because it's all jumbled up and confused with fear or other emotions, and then I have to try to use analysis to figure out what's what. The toolkit starts with stress relief because that's the way in to deeper feelings, with the goal of carrying these skills/meditations to everyday life.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:05 am

Bumping this old thread, because I'm still interested in people's experiences.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:43 am

Deleted.