Social security review Monday and I'm worried

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:16 pm

I have an appointment with dr Monday for review :(
They also did a 3rd party review via paperwork.
For both they like determining if I disqualify and threatened if I missed either I'd be thrown off :(

Meanwhile work is getting stressful and I have another yearly review next month I failed my last one so probably going get fired. So I may lose both and be homeless:(

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 12:16 am

So today we got a letter from housing dated July 25, but just mailed on the 11th saying they moved our housing inspection from December to aug 22nd giving us only week notice to get ready :(

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Aug 2017, 12:36 am

What kind of work do you do again? What is the point of yearly review?

What housing inspection is this? Do they want to check if it's all neat and tidy and nothing broken or what? :?

Things do sometimes seem out of hand and as if all is lost but maybe you'll do better than expected.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 4:00 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
What kind of work do you do again? What is the point of yearly review?

What housing inspection is this? Do they want to check if it's all neat and tidy and nothing broken or what? :?

Things do sometimes seem out of hand and as if all is lost but maybe you'll do better than expected.

Outdoor retail store. To assess our preformance and decide whether to keep or fire us. I guess.

They check lights, stove, windows, bathroom fan etc to see if it works and is safe. Can't have anything plugged into outlets(apparently surge protector strips are fire hazard :roll: ) last year they failed us for having raw chicken that would expire in few days in our fridge, dirty oven screen(didn't know that existed) oh and cause one of our cats took a poop in their cat box from the time we cleaned it and after they arrived.

Currently or oven bottom element is dead, I don't think the expensive smoke detector works and it a non replaceable battery. And the garage is pilled up cloths from my mom who's on vacation and won't come back after finding out. Garage has to have a path to the back. I dont know why.

Gotta get lightbulb in every socket some rooms have 4 per light so we just normally have one.

I'm super worried about the review tomorrow I may lose social security and then my job since I got accomdation for my disability to keep working there. Though it's currently stressing me out cause the interdepartmental drama :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 4:09 pm

Good luck tomorrow.

Just tell them what you've been telling them previously.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Good luck tomorrow.

Just tell them what you've been telling them previously.

That was over 4 years ago :s i dont remember. I hope they don't kick me off, I can't work. Even 20 hours is hard for me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:45 pm

If you told the truth then, the truth now will work.

They already know you work, so you don't have to conceal things,

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Aug 2017, 7:12 am

Keep us posted about the review.

Outdoor retail sounds quite a nice field to be in.

Sounds like they really go a bit overboard with the housing inspection.

my blog:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:29 am

Just reading about that housing inspection made me start to feel physically ill, I'm serious. I actually began to have panic symptoms, even though it's not my housing.

I came home to a letter saying my landlords have ordered yet more compulsory maintenance work and inspections in all of our apartments and I'm sick to death of the sense of intrusion; there seems to be always another and another thing like this. We don't have general inspections like sly's but there's always something else.

If I were living in a place that ordered what sly's does, I think I'd be suicidal, seriously. It made me literally ill just reading through it. My blood ran cold.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Keep us posted about the review.

Outdoor retail sounds quite a nice field to be in.

Sounds like they really go a bit overboard with the housing inspection.

She recommended a organization that pairs disabled people,with mentors to help socialize at the begging but I feel the rest of the review went bad. Both made me feel stupid and worry she say I'm not aspie :( then at the end she gave me something about anxiety to feel out and a form clearly meant to see if I'm depressed so I'm worried she say I am and take me guns:/

It's stressful. The lady who does processing of stuff for my department is always ranting about us and at us. She wants to stuff it like a storage locker. Which would make it unshopable. While corp wants everything neat and spread out with everything having its own spot so it's shoapable. Now two new mangers are siding with her and tried to undermine my department manager. I had the honor of telling him about it, that was right before I left for 4 day weekend and so today I have to g back and deal with the aftermath. If they keep ranting at me or about me in front of me I think I'll have to quite I can't handle that. I have 400 dollars in sick paid time off I need to use before I quit or get fired though.

It's insane and apparently they only have to give us two days notice before they come in. My mom refuses to come back from her vacation early so it's just up to me and my sister. In the past the lady would just ask us if everything was ok as she'd been there for 10 plus years, but last year she retired and new guy took over and he failed us for those stupid stuff, so now we going throw away all the food we just bought from our fridge cause gosh forbid we have a package of hotdogs that go bad in few weeks. Really I feel like wrf everyone keeps food in their fridge that's what it's for. Everyone uses extnsion cords and power strips. Why do we poor people not allowed to.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 5:28 pm

We've had some nutcase things happening at our apartments this year.
Based on that, I would suggest;
Contact HUD offices at the state level for your state and ask about the food in the refrigerator thing.
Contact your state Attorney General office and ask them about the matter.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 5:54 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Just reading about that housing inspection made me start to feel physically ill, I'm serious. I actually began to have panic symptoms, even though it's not my housing.

I came home to a letter saying my landlords have ordered yet more compulsory maintenance work and inspections in all of our apartments and I'm sick to death of the sense of intrusion; there seems to be always another and another thing like this. We don't have general inspections like sly's but there's always something else.

If I were living in a place that ordered what sly's does, I think I'd be suicidal, seriously. It made me literally ill just reading through it. My blood ran cold.

I don't like having strangers in my house. Luckily it's usually only once a year right before Christmas.
It's one of the reason we don't tell our landlord about problems like the broken oven or the broken trash disposal.

Sorry you having to deal with it a lot :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 5:59 pm

Hey Sly.

You have to tell the landlord about the broken oven. Especially if it's gas.

You don't want it to explode, do you?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 6:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hey Sly.

You have to tell the landlord about the broken oven. Especially if it's gas.

You don't want it to explode, do you?

It's electric the bottom element died we ordered another one.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Aug 2017, 2:28 am

As far as the shop display goes your dept manager should stick to his guns - usually we on the spectrum have a creative element and know how stuff should be displayed to look good so people want to buy and you must always stand by what you know is the right way. Some people especially in positions of any power such as these new managers just want to be difficult for difficulty's sake and because of their ego.

my blog:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 1:31 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
As far as the shop display goes your dept manager should stick to his guns - usually we on the spectrum have a creative element and know how stuff should be displayed to look good so people want to buy and you must always stand by what you know is the right way. Some people especially in positions of any power such as these new managers just want to be difficult for difficulty's sake and because of their ego.

Not me lol. Mean I see patterns. I like to organize the clothes by gender, then each gender by size and each size by collar and weather it's long or short sleeve etc. I feel this would be helpful. Say a customer is looking for a large shirt now all the large t shirts are all together. I do the shoes by size like required(I'm only one who does) then by type slipper->shoe->boots->camo boots.

I'm utterly terrible at moving stuff around though to make room. I can look at a section and say those two things are similar and should be near each other. But moving sections to another part of the store or say moving one item to here to make room for another, nope. My manager moved sections around and I can see and be like neat that was a good idea, but I haven't the fathom of how he thought of it. I prefer working nights cause it's all organizing and keeping it nice. Morning new stuff comes in and is remodel and move sections which I simply can't process. The other guy is better at that and he hats to organized sections, he doesn't size the boots etc cause it's time consuming, hour or so every day, a size 10 sold, so then everything above or below size 10 has to be moved over to fill that spot since we may not have a size 10. The others just plop an size 8 in the spot and call it a day. So I'll come in and reorganize it. Same with the scope case.

However I don't feel they recognize my effort and contributions and so see me as useless and lacking cause I'm UNable to do the big picture stuff. I guess I always thought it as a team effort. My next review is up next month and i dont know if I'll pass. I may because I'm no longer required to do club cards which tipped me over to failing last years review, I also got more involved in organizing. I came up with new system for the scope case. I dont know they also dinged me for missing 3-4 days in a year even though we are allowed to miss 3 days every 6 months. :/ i dont know where I'd go, I don't think they'd get others to replace me fast though, and the shoes would be horribly unorganized with irritates customers.

Oh and the other man guy is possibly transitioning out of th department, guess he'll be doing shifts down in clothing :(
That make me the most experienced guy there I don't want to be the relied on guy I can't do that.