Feeling hopeless (trigger warning - suicide)

Page 40 of 47 [ 741 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 47  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 3:35 pm

300series wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
300series wrote:
It is possible that your fatigue & lack of energy is caused by a lack of iron intake, but I do not know anything about that subject. It may be a good idea to talk with your doctor about it.

Every day, I take a Centrum vitamin in addition to my regular 20 mg dose of Paxil. Right now, I am reading the label on the bottle, and it says Amount Per Serving % DV Iron 8 mg 44%. The front of the label says they are good for energy, immunity, metabolism, and muscle function. You could try these Centrum multivitamins, if you want to. They may be available where you live.

If the iron that you are taking is three times the recommended limit, then you could split the pill in to a smaller dose. You could use a knife, and there are also inexpensive pill cutters available for sale at drug stores & pharmacies.

Is you self-harm habit getting any better? Are you still having problems sleeping? How well are your other medications working for you?

If you need anything else, then I am still here for you. Big hugs.

The multivitamins I'm taking are actually Centrum Chewables. You're right, I could split iron supplement pills - that hadn't occurred to me. I already have a pill cutter, I've had pills that needed to be split because they didn't come in the dosage I was prescribed. I've only been hurting myself two or three times a week now instead of every day, so that's some improvement, although I'm hesitant to say so because I don't know how long that may or may not last. I haven't been having major issues with insomnia, although I still don't sleep the greatest - I'd say I'm sleeping adequately, but my constant tiredness may indicate otherwise. I'm doing okay on my current meds - I'm not sure if the lithium is having any effect, but at least it doesn't seem to be having any adverse effects, and everything else seems to be working as it should.

Thank you very much. Big dragon hugs back to you :)

You are welcome, and thank you for the big dragon hugs. I am glad that I could help you.

I am also glad that you self-harm habit is gradually improving; eventually, I hope that you can stop hurting yourself entirely.

I had another thought about something which could be helpful for your sleep. I remember that you wrote on one post that you like music. There is a device which some people use in their sleep called a pillow speaker, which is an electronic loud speaker that goes under your pillow & has a wire which connects to the head phone socket on a music device, and you can listen to music while you sleep. It is something you could look in to if you are interested.

Do you have another appointment with you therapist scheduled yet? I hope he is able to help you better than he has been doing before.

I am still confident that you will find a new job & your own place to live soon. Big hugs.

Thank you for the suggestion. I actually have a radio that also has nature sounds on it, and I put it next to my bed and use the waterfall setting for white noise. That helps a lot, it covers up other noises that would distract me and keep me up without being distracting itself, since it's a constant, consistent noise.

I saw my therapist again yesterday, and once again, he spent most of the time trying to get a handle on what's going on with me. That's what happens almost every time I see him - I think I'll say something about it next time.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

300series
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 3:25 pm

I am sorry for the late reply; my computer was not working right.

I am glad I could help you with the suggestion. I hope you sound system helps you sleep at night. Are you still taking the trazodone pills, and are they helping you sleep?

How have things been for you in the last few days? Do you still have the urge to hurt yourself?

I still want to help you however possible. Big hugs.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 9:15 pm

300series wrote:

I am glad I could help you with the suggestion. I hope you sound system helps you sleep at night. Are you still taking the trazodone pills, and are they helping you sleep?

How have things been for you in the last few days? Do you still have the urge to hurt yourself?

That's all right, I can definitely sympathize with having computer issues. My white noise does help me sleep, and so does the trazodone. I'm not going to stop taking it any time soon, I don't think - without trazodone and melatonin, I'm lucky to get half an hour of sleep most nights. Neither works well enough on its own to get me adequate sleep, if I take one without the other, I'm awake at least as much as I am asleep at night.

I've been hanging in there, at least. Still pretty depressed and tired all the time, but at least I'm not actively suicidal or anything. I've still had the urge to hurt myself, but I haven't done it for a few days. Last night I stayed up until almost 2 in the morning hanging out downstairs with my mom (who was awake because she'd had caffeine late in the day) because I didn't trust myself not to seriously hurt myself if I was alone in my room, and that worked - I didn't end up doing anything.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 9:18 pm

It's nice that you seem to get along with your mother.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 9:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's nice that you seem to get along with your mother.

Yep, she's usually very supportive and willing to work with me. I'm very grateful for that.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 10:37 pm

I recently felt hopeless because of my situation with job hunting and decided on writing down a plan on how I should go about just leaving home and intentionally making myself homeless.

On the note/plan, that I intended for someone to find in my room should they come looking when they needed me for some reason, I detailed certain aspects of my life or more negative impacts people have made on my life and why they've been deciding factors on my decision to leave. At the time my main factor was I blamed the environment I currently still live in; me being a non-smoker with breathing problems living in a house of smokers, who could blame me right?

Apart from the obvious immediate environmental issues, it was not a plea for help or an attempt at seeking attention, i didn't want any of that, it seemed and still does seem that my situation is not going to change and I thought a change of scenery would give me insight and the change I needed.

So fast forward to an hour after leaving with much of the essentials packed into a backpack with little money and a little food to keep me going for a day or so, I felt like it was the right thing to do but part of me wanted to go back because the positive part of me kept thinking, "isn't this just going to cause pain to the family members who actually do care for me?", "am I going to prove those people right who knew what direction I would go in life, ending up in a rut, or doing something stupid that might cause further pain to both myself and others?". After much deliberation, and the fact that nobody had called after several hours, this gave me enough of an opportunity to turn back as if nothing ever happened because I felt like I experienced what it truly feels like to live on the streets and this was at a time when it was dark and very cold outside.

All this was just a few days ago, so I just ripped up the note and forget it ever happened, but I will be slightly prepared should the situation be forced upon me, but then I won't feel the guilt of leaving because I would have no choice in the matter.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 6:58 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
300series wrote:

That's all right, I can definitely sympathize with having computer issues. My white noise does help me sleep, and so does the trazodone. I'm not going to stop taking it any time soon, I don't think - without trazodone and melatonin, I'm lucky to get half an hour of sleep most nights. Neither works well enough on its own to get me adequate sleep, if I take one without the other, I'm awake at least as much as I am asleep at night.

I've been hanging in there, at least. Still pretty depressed and tired all the time, but at least I'm not actively suicidal or anything. I've still had the urge to hurt myself, but I haven't done it for a few days. Last night I stayed up until almost 2 in the morning hanging out downstairs with my mom (who was awake because she'd had caffeine late in the day) because I didn't trust myself not to seriously hurt myself if I was alone in my room, and that worked - I didn't end up doing anything.

Marvellous - you found something which worked well for you.
(taking yourself out of the unsafe environment)

Your mum does sound like a fabulous woman. :heart:

You are working well towards your goals Dragons. :)

300series
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 2:42 pm

I am glad to hear that you are doing okay for now, but I am still sad that you are feeling depressed. I hope that your urge to hurt yourself will stop completely; it just takes time, and I hope that your suicidal feelings also go away.

I am also sorry to hear that you still have problems with your sleep. Yesterday, I read online about a possible solution for some of your problems. It is an object called a weighted blanket. They are supposed to be very comforting & have the ability to reduce stress & make people feel comfortable. Apparently, weighted blankets are used by a lot of individuals on the autistic spectrum. I discovered them yesterday when I was watching a You Tube video made by a young English girl with Asperger's syndrome called Princess Aspien, and she owns a lot of them & uses them frequently. I did a quick online search for weighted blankets, and unfortunately, a lot of them are expensive; some of them cost over $100.00. I do not know anything about weighted blankets, and I have never used them, but I just thought I would share it with you, in case you are interested in researching them.

A few weeks ago, you mentioned that you were thinking about sleeping in your guest room instead of your bedroom; did you ever decide to do that? If you did it, then did it help you at all?

I am still here for you. 300 big dragon hugs.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 3:45 pm

300series wrote:
I am glad to hear that you are doing okay for now, but I am still sad that you are feeling depressed. I hope that your urge to hurt yourself will stop completely; it just takes time, and I hope that your suicidal feelings also go away.

I am also sorry to hear that you still have problems with your sleep. Yesterday, I read online about a possible solution for some of your problems. It is an object called a weighted blanket. They are supposed to be very comforting & have the ability to reduce stress & make people feel comfortable. Apparently, weighted blankets are used by a lot of individuals on the autistic spectrum. I discovered them yesterday when I was watching a You Tube video made by a young English girl with Asperger's syndrome called Princess Aspien, and she owns a lot of them & uses them frequently. I did a quick online search for weighted blankets, and unfortunately, a lot of them are expensive; some of them cost over $100.00. I do not know anything about weighted blankets, and I have never used them, but I just thought I would share it with you, in case you are interested in researching them.

A few weeks ago, you mentioned that you were thinking about sleeping in your guest room instead of your bedroom; did you ever decide to do that? If you did it, then did it help you at all?

I am still here for you. 300 big dragon hugs.

My depression's been really bad the past few days. I'm worried I might have to spend my birthday (in two weeks) back in the hospital :(
You're right, it does take time, and if I can resist the urge to hurt myself for long enough, eventually it will quite possibly go away completely.

Thank you for the suggestion. My mom actually got me a weighted blanket a year or two ago, and I use it every night - it feels nice, and I think it does help me sleep. Last night I decided to try sleeping in the guest room, and I did sleep better, at least. At my mom's suggestion, I'm going to try staying out of my bedroom today and see if it helps at all with the depression - that's where I usually spend most of my time, and my mom thinks that just being somewhere else in the house or taking Merlin outside might help.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 3:59 pm

You're such a nice person, Ms. Dragon. Never a bad or cross word for anyone.

What happens when you try to contradict your depressive feelings using a sort of "reality testing?"

For many reasons, I just don't see why you SHOULD be depressed. It's not fair.

I'm glad your mother is on your side, and really tries to help.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 4:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're such a nice person, Ms. Dragon. Never a bad or cross word for anyone.

What happens when you try to contradict your depressive feelings using a sort of "reality testing?"

For many reasons, I just don't see why you SHOULD be depressed. It's not fair.

I'm glad your mother is on your side, and really tries to help.

"Reality testing?" Do you mean like if I'm thinking no one cares about me, to come here to see that yes, they do? The depressed part of my brain has moved on to telling me I don't deserve to have people care about me and feeling guilty for making people worry (which then leads to more negative feelings about myself). I also can't find any proof that I really am worth my parents' effort - I understand that they think I am, but not why.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 4:31 pm

People are often their own "worst enemy." I know I am.

I see a spot on my pants, and I worry that everybody will notice. In reality, unless a person is intimate with you, they probably wouldn't notice the spot (unless they are extra, extra nosy and really look "too close").

I feel like this might be the same with you. You feel that every action is scrutinized by others---when they are really not. People are usually too selfish, too much into their "own thing" to see little flaws.

I find that your depressive aspects puts you in binds. I find that the only way to get out of those "binds" is to objectively assess the situation.

You should really look at yourself objectively. Do you curse out people just for the heck of it? Do you steal from people? Are you a nasty person in general (look at yourself objectively!!) If the answer to all those question are "No," I find that you really are a person who is worthy of others' esteem.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 4:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
People are often their own "worst enemy." I know I am.

I see a spot on my pants, and I worry that everybody will notice. In reality, unless a person is intimate with you, they probably wouldn't notice the spot (unless they are extra, extra nosy and really look "too close").

I feel like this might be the same with you. You feel that every action is scrutinized by others---when they are really not. People are usually too selfish, too much into their "own thing" to see little flaws.

I find that your depressive aspects puts you in binds. I find that the only way to get out of those "binds" is to objectively assess the situation.

You should really look at yourself objectively. Do you curse out people just for the heck of it? Do you steal from people? Are you a nasty person in general (look at yourself objectively!!) If the answer to all those question are "No," I find that you really are a person who is worthy of others' esteem.

You're right, being overly critical of myself is part of my problem. I don't really think I'm a horrible person, I mostly feel guilty because it feels like all I do is take without any way to give back in return. That, and I'm really just tired of living - I haven't really enjoyed life for over a decade, and I don't see a lot of point in continuing on if I'm quite possibly never even going to be able to support myself and will instead have to spend my life leeching off of others.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 4:56 pm

You know what?

People do evolve. You are about 24-years-old, if I'm not mistaken. I've known plenty of people in their early 20s who are, basically, "adolescents in adult clothing." This phenomenon is probably more manifest these days; people often remain dependent on their parents well into their 20's, and beyond. It's not a rare thing at all these days.

This is why it was found to be expedient to allow even people aged 25 to remain on their parents' health insurance.

In many parts of Europe, the 26th birthday is the "end of youth." You lose many privileges of youth----like free passes to museums, reduced rail rates, many other things.

I would say: one never knows. One frequently does mature throughout the course of their 20s. And, hence, you might mature to the point where you won't be, or feel like, much of a "sponge-off" to your parents.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 5:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You know what?

People do evolve. You are about 24-years-old, if I'm not mistaken. I've known plenty of people in their early 20s who are, basically, "adolescents in adult clothing." This phenomenon is probably more manifest these days; people often remain dependent on their parents well into their 20's, and beyond. It's not a rare thing at all these days.

This is why it was found to be expedient to allow even people aged 25 to remain on their parents' health insurance.

In many parts of Europe, the 26th birthday is the "end of youth." You lose many privileges of youth----like free passes to museums, reduced rail rates, many other things.

I would say: one never knows. One frequently does mature throughout the course of their 20s. And, hence, you might mature to the point where you won't be, or feel like, much of a "sponge-off" to your parents.

You're right, and in my case, my development is also off because of my autism. I just feel like I should at least be making some sort of discernible progress. I'll also be turning 25 in not too long - officially no longer really a "young adult," and my brother, who's two years younger than me, is so far ahead of me in life - I think both things are making me feel even more like I should be making more progress than I am.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 5:52 pm

Your brother doesn't have autism. That makes all the difference in the world.

I did many things "late," too. I didn't have a driver's license until I was 37 years old.