Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nayumyst
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Mar 2018, 4:13 pm

I have Autism Spectrum Disorder (Asperger's Syndrome before they lumped it in with ASD in 2013), depression, and ADHD.

As a child, I didn't have many friends, but there were a few children on my street I would play with every day. I avidly enjoyed reading and playing games on the computer. I stopped playing outside during middle school. In high school, on the weekends, I would spend all day playing games on my computer. Now I'm in College, and I can barely recognize the child I once was. I only leave the house to attend classes, I don't talk to anyone either in person or via texting. I'm currently at risk of being expelled from my college after having below a 2.0 GPA the last 3 semesters after a mental breakdown in my second semester. I lose interest in most activities after an hour, and become severely depressed when not doing anything. I don't have a job, and the idea of having to interact with that many people in a day is terrifying to me after being alone for so long. I've tried going to Therapists but it never seems to help. I'm at the point where I'm extremely unmotivated to do anything to try to improve my situation, and I know for a fact the only reason I haven't committed suicide is because the prospect of death and what happens after is terrifying to me.

Any advice is welcome

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 5:04 pm

It’s up to you to make it interesting. Take that responsibility.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 2:40 am

Depression is often caused by being in a routine that isn't productive.

Things that might help:

Cleaning your room and sorting everything to look more neat. Our environment has a big impact. Buying new furniture if you need more storage space because stuff is lying all around the floor or on tables. If the room you live in is dirty or disorganised it can make you feel less able to cope with people and the outside world.

Fasting for a day. Not eating sometimes can help the body and the brain calm down. In modern life it is customary for people to eat too much, even people in good shape are sometimes overloading our bodies and putting stress on them.

Try the Yoga pose known as Reclining Hero. This exercise gets the blood rushing to your head and unleashes endorphins without you even having to step outside. Also it stimulates better digestion and you can do it holding your head upside down. There is something really empowering about looking at the world upside down:

Start writing a diary or a novel or short stories. Put down your frustrations on paper or in a computer document. Just writing about your feelings can help you get them off your chest.

Put a fake smile on your face. Even if you have to fake it smile a bit at people and at yourself in the mirror. The human brain is able to deceive itself into being happy if the mouth smiles. It is like a kind of self-hypnosis.

And remember depression is an illness. Don't let it win. :)