Learning that my feelings of invisibility sign of depression

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 1:08 pm

Hi:
So the last year for me has brought on lots of changes both big and small next to dealing with a circumstance where I was bullied at my last place of worship by my former rabbi and my peers.

Even though I am now talking to a therapist, I have been feeling invisible at work and felt that way this morning which made me sad but I was able to keep it together and cry after the meeting. After, I told my mentor who told me that feeling of invisibility are signs of depression.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 11:08 am

sighns can be different, i guess. i think i remember that feeling, and i am depressed for long and sure. dont want to go wide, afraid to trigger us both. hope u get some qualified help with it. (keyword qualified)

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 8:11 pm

Do you have a "circle" of workers that includes certain people and excludes others, Summer_Twilight? Either way, it's horrible your co-workers are treating you poorly.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 6:28 am

I'm invisible, but as far as I can tell, it's not because I'm depressed. That wouldn't make any sense, unless people can sense the depression aura oozing out of you and choose to avoid you because of it.

Hmm...maybe...

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 10:39 am

Marknis wrote:
Do you have a "circle" of workers that includes certain people and excludes others, Summer_Twilight? Either way, it's horrible your co-workers are treating you poorly.

No,I would not say all the time. However, I have been excluded from things so many times that I expect it after a while but it does make me sad because I am tired of it

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 12:44 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Marknis wrote:

No,I would not say all the time. However, I have been excluded from things so many times that I expect it after a while but it does make me sad because I am tired of it

I don't feel sad that I am not invited by "the circle" when they do their Friday/weekend bowling games (I can't stand most of them, especially the one I had to blow up at twice this year) but I do wish I had a group of co-workers to hang out with after work. Do you wish for the same?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 7:24 pm

Yes I do

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 11:17 pm

This song conveys this feeling very well.

I hope you feel better soon Summer. You should spend more time with those who spend an emotional investment in you. You shouldn't get too hung up on those who don't bother to spend time with you Summer. One or two good friends are worth any number of acquaintances. I understand this is easy for me to say because I am introverted while you are extroverted. Just try not to take rejection from acquaintances so personal. Take care, I hope you find what you are looking for that brings you happiness.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 11:52 pm

I wish I could go bowling every Friday....