my brother ruins things all the time

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2008, 3:10 pm

Like today...my mom went away for a few days, so he decided to ask dad if he could make hamburgers. Which is stupid for 2 reasons:
1) I was REALLY looking forward to going out today, but now I can't because he's a brat who just LOOOVES to ruin things
2) We have hamburgers like every night, (because that's the only thing he will actually TRY, besides chicken, and on the nights we don't have hamburgers we have chicken) so it is ad naseum.

I wish he would understand, I really would, but he is such an insensitive brat. I was outside walking the dog today, and the dog got tired, so he accused me of "giving in to her" the dog was about ready to die (Yes, I am exaggerating )and wouldn't move any further, so I'm supposed to walk the dog further than she can actually go? This is ridiculous

I hate my brother sooo much :'(

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2008, 11:31 pm

[edited by Sinsboldly]
Failing that, respond in kind. Ruin things for him so he knows how it feels.

I bet he often get's things his own way. A spoilt brat.

So break something of his.

Regards
GM

Since
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2008, 5:06 am

I hate to point this out, but insisting on a routine food, general lack of emotional sensitivity and general tunnel-vision seems pretty A.S., not to mention that he's your brother; that kind of puts him at a disadvantage regarding not irritating you (stereotypically, at least).
Not really sure what I'm saying here, just that you really shouldn't douse your brother in agent orange, or otherwise escalate things. That'd would just make everyone miserable.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2008, 6:01 am

[edited by sinsboldly]

But seriously. You have a right to creative expression and he's limiting you.

Regards
GM

Since
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2008, 7:11 am

I just think that an assumption of malice is unjustified, and enforcing punishment on him for possibly unintended slights is hardly a healthy way of getting your way.
Or even an effective one, come to that.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2008, 7:32 am

Hiroshima and Nagasaki worked.

The US Targeted primarily civilian cities and dropped a bomb that wiped out all life in that area and poisoned the earth for ages to come.

And I don't recall the civilians ever directly threatening the US.

Since
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2008, 9:06 am

Yes, well, it's a matter of scale (if we're leaving morality aside). To be specific, that doesn't scale down. I'm assuming that she still depends on her family for food/sustenance, and that that family care about all their children, to some extent. If he musters all his forces against his brother and does... whatever to him this would be noticed by his parents. I'd suggest that rather from recoiling from this act of strength and surrendering, as suggested by your analogy, they'd instead take a dim view of this and the whole situation would be recorded as an ugly glimpse of petty vindictiveness.
This is all assuming that he has no Fat Boys to throw. And I really hope I'm right in that.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2008, 11:08 am

People are stupid.

NT's anyway. And 90% of the time, the only thing they respect is force.

Society itself is like that. We say we're superior to our ancestors who clubbed others and became heroes but...we're probably worse.

An Eye for an Eye may make the world blind, but then we can't see to hit.

Morality is over-rated.

And it depends how much force and brutality you administer. The right levels can induce terror and obedience. Just takes a few experiments.

If you want to go the pacifist route...just do your own thing, as if you're renting there.

Regards
GM