I think I should start abusing marijuana

Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 5:37 am

Everyone has this "not caring" attitude, and I've been seeing it more and more lately. I think I should get rid of my feelings by smoking marijuana(,or drinking it as a tea). There could be something wrong with this idea, but I'm getting desperate enough to actually try it.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 5:43 am

That does it! I'm going to try it!

Aleph0
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2009, 6:15 am

I would recommend having another person with you, one that has experience with marijuana,
that will be ther for you if you don't feel well.

ENJOY!
8)

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:52 am

Edit, ignore.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 7:15 am

I had a very hard time once when I took stimulant pills, coffee, piracetam (brain vitamin powder) and marijuana, so don't mix it with anything else, or you could get seriously depressed and scared. :)

AS4Life
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2009, 7:51 am

So your planning on smoking until you get so high that you pass out? Oooor do you plan on just smoking a bowl 1 or 2 times a day? (i would recommend eating it or breathing in MJ vapor instead of smoking it though) Just be carefull. It is illegal in most counties though.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:15 am

Fickle_Pickle wrote:
I think I should get rid of my feelings by smoking marijuana(,or drinking it as a tea).

there is a problem here; cannabis is a mild psychedelic and so it can actually accentuate your feelings. dark stuff lingering in your subconcious can be dragged forwards, unpleasant emotions or ruminations can be intensified; anxiety, paranoia, dysphoria. Trying to 'escape' can backfire.

If your actively seeking these things out as a form of therapy, then there could be benefits but youd need a lot regular experience with it before trying that, as being unfamiliar with the effects can be overwhelming, theres a very high risk of acute anxiety.

To summarise, leave weed alone for a happier day, it might be useful fun in the future but now isnt the ideal time. What your feeling now will pass, you just need to be prepared to work through it, then youll gain a new perspective.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:21 am

It doesn't work as tea. The THC is fat soluble, not water soluble, so making it into a hot drink is an elaborate process and isn't very effective.

oomogi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Feb 2009, 8:34 am

if its ileagle were u live , i dont advise it

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:35 am

arielhawksquill wrote:
It doesn't work as tea. The THC is fat soluble, not water soluble, so making it into a hot drink is an elaborate process and isn't very effective.
It can work well with Chai if you use milk. but you're right, it won't be as effective as smoking it.

bonez
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2009, 9:53 am

just keep in mind that heavy cannabis use leads to reduced mental function the next day or 2 so if your in college you might not want to do on alot of school nights. I only smoke weekends and college breaks. and also the less often you smoke, the more you look forward to it when you get a chance to smoke....

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 11:14 am

How about avoiding all drugs of abuse, smoking weed could land you in a lot of hot water

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

flurry
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Feb 2009, 11:24 am

i second the notion that weed can make your emotions more prevalent, as opposed to numbing them. that's what it did to me much of the time, and i was a pothead for number of years... i still really enjoy it though, and if i could afford to be stupid i would still smoke it sometimes. but, i can't, and that's what it does to me (besides the emotional thing). on the other hand, it also made me really creative at times. it all depends on the strain and a zillion other factors. but yea, don't mix it.

AS4Life
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2009, 7:53 pm

I think that smoking too much weed will impair you the next day. Also weed has a nasty habit of increasing stress a day or so after using it. I would suggest moderation, and if your lucky enough to live in Cali or someplace like that... get a prescription for it. But it isn't wise to using drugs (including alcohol and tobacco) to escape your problems. It'll lead to physiological dependence at best.

Frankly weed is the least damaging of most recreational drugs out there.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 10:12 pm

Fickle_Pickle wrote:
Everyone has this "not caring" attitude, and I've been seeing it more and more lately. I think I should get rid of my feelings by smoking marijuana(,or drinking it as a tea). There could be something wrong with this idea, but I'm getting desperate enough to actually try it.

You won't be successful in getting high from a marijuana tea.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 11:53 pm

Enjoy, in moderation. :) Also, I wouldn't call "trying" marijuana "abusing" marijuana. There's a big difference.

Those who know, don't speak.