Fired today; making The Haven my home :(

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 4:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( The world we live in is beyond absurd.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 4:29 pm

Hi Greentea,
I dont know you and I believe we have never spoke before. I just want to give my sympathy to your situation. I have been fired once in my life and that was a very humiliating experience.
Gosh what you feel low and nothing worth and such a failure! That was just before I got my diagnosis nine years ago.
I dont know if your boss ever was aware of your AS but it can be an idea to let the next boss be informed about it, to know you are a special worker :wink:
I hope you can see the sun shining outside and dont loose your courage and your hope in a new job!

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Apr 2009, 8:00 pm

Greentea - I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your job. You are an intelligent & insightful person - you are a skilled critical thinker. All of your posts on this forum clearly show that. There must certainly be some place (besides here) that will value you for those qualities.

I'm not very good at expressing sympathy - but I would like to express my emotional support. I can see what an amazing person you are - and there is bound to be a future employer who will see the same.

Best of luck

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 11:36 pm

Geez, that's rough!

Hang in there Greentea, I've also been laid off and fired a few times, it's not easy and I've done the same thing....question why it was always me and not my coworkers.

You seem to be the brains on this forum, hope you stick here as well as out there.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 12:29 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you all. You and a phone call with an acquaintance who's in a similar situation got me through the difficult night.

I'll want to answer each one of you when I'm back from the hearing today. Now I'm going to the hearing - a mandatory process by law nowadays, where the employer is not allowed to fire you before they've given you a chance to refute their claims against you and justify yourself. This means the official firing is only allowed to take place tomorrow. It's just a formality the employer fulfills in order not to be sued for not doing it. In fact, they're in no way forced by law to keep you, even if you've proven their allegations wrong, so this law is just a stupid way of calming the masses in the light of all these massive firings taking place these days. A parade of fairness and opportunity. I have to go along with the parade, otherwise I lose any rights to complain afterwards at court, should I want to and have a case against the employer.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 2:00 am

Hey Greentea.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 2:46 am

Hey CW. Is there room for one more in your forest?

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 3:02 am

Sure, I even got an extra gold pan.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 4:51 am

:cry:

sorry to hear about the bad news GT.

Maybe you could do some tour guide work? I know that's your special interest there. Just an idea.

I was always the first one they got rid of when they were looking to fire people...last hired and first fired kinda thing. Thats why I ended up joining the public service, it had better job security.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 10:50 pm

Greentea wrote:

Same with my family - one day 6 years ago they all got together and decided to get rid of me. No reasons given. I have no family of any kind.

Why does everyone need rid of me so badly?

Your own family??? Why?!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 11:07 pm

when I was about thirty, I was working in a big vegetable garden with other people my age and I started talking about 'being spanked as a kid' and 'dad using the belt' and 'being run out of town when I was pregnant with out benefit of clergy' and I looked around because they had all stopped talking . . .and were staring at me.

their first questions were "your own family!! Why???"

tell 'em, GreenTea.

Merle

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 11:38 pm

I'd rather you tell them, Merle. I sit here with a blank post page in front of me, and don't know the answer to the question... :(

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 11:54 pm

zeichner wrote:
Greentea - I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your job. You are an intelligent & insightful person - you are a skilled critical thinker. All of your posts on this forum clearly show that. There must certainly be some place (besides here) that will value you for those qualities.

I'm not very good at expressing sympathy - but I would like to express my emotional support. I can see what an amazing person you are - and there is bound to be a future employer who will see the same.

Best of luck

I'm having a hard time coming up with words to say, but I do care, and this pretty much sums it up.

So, er...what Zeichner said.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 12:04 am

Greentea wrote:
I'd rather you tell them, Merle. I sit here with a blank post page in front of me, and don't know the answer to the question... :(

Oh, GT, I thought you knew, for I only have conjecture and supposition. Perhaps people that didn't have this happen to them could tell us?

Merle

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 12:32 am

Thank you so much, elderwanda...!

After thinking long and hard, I guess the best way I can explain it is: my family's top value is feeling comfortable. They seek people who make their lives comfortable, above all else. They reject people who make their lives less comfortable. They're indifferent to people who don't add to their comfort or substract from it. They shun people who, by their very existence, expand their comfort zone. This last one would be me.

You can be the worst criminal, but if you add comforts to their lives, they'll adore you. The best example is my uncle, who's known to have committed a horrendous crime (at a national level) and other hineous things throughout life, yet he rules in our family as the king, venerated by all because of the comfortable lifestyle he was always able to give those around him.

An example: my aunt never cared to learn to drive. So if you own a car and come pick her up often to drive her where she needs to go that day, she's yours forever. She'd never take public transport.

If your house has a swimming-pool, they're yours.
If you disrupt their thought comfort with thought-provoking ideas, they'll hate you forever.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 12:57 am

I think you are on to something GT, and not just your family your friends, your co workers.. I remember some guy saying to me 'what, am I your LAWYER or something?' and walking away. I made him uncomfortable. When I bother my supervisor too much, I can feel that feeling of 'oops, went too far' (and she thinks the world of me!) but when I get them thinking too hard, or they get this uncomfortable feeling over themelves, and I know the time has come to gather my things and thank them for a lovely time and make my exit.

we are f*****g intense!

Merle