Page 5937 of 7537 [ 120578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5934, 5935, 5936, 5937, 5938, 5939, 5940 ... 7537  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 6:47 pm

I wonder how many Pokemon generations will there be? I stopped paying attention after the third one.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 7:23 pm

There's a doctor on TV who's "telling [her] patients to vote" a certain way on a state ballot proposition. I don't think that should be okay for her to do. I had no problem with her giving reasons to vote against it, but I don't like people with official authority telling people how to vote.

The proposition in question will affect her professionally, but I don't think that changes anything.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 5:14 am

Get to the World Series, Cubs, if you can.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 6:44 am

It's not a new system it's a tablet for crying out loud

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 7:19 am

kazanscube wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:
Don't you think, after nearly 50 years of life, I haven't realized, nobody wants me?!?!

Dear ImAnAspie sir, I'd like to say that you have shown not only brutal honesty in declaring what you find vastly unpleasant literally speaking, No, I don't feel anyone should be marginalized or minimized for whatever difficulties they go through.

Thank you Kazan San. Just as I said, I was hoping to hear from one of my real friends. :)

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 7:27 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Well, I'm sorry, ImAnAspie, that you feel that way. I have never been in a romantic relationship before and I am in no hurry.

Kyle, romantic does NOT equal sexual.

There are heterosexuals
and then
There are hetero-romantics.

I am hetero-romantic. But that doesn't mean I'm a robot, devoid of all feelings. I'm an alien who would like to feel wanted, needed, warm with another sentient being,... LOVED. Just because I don't want to boink them doesn't mean I'm a cold fish. We all need love. We all want to feel needed. Otherwise, what's the point?!?!

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 7:43 am

dcj123 wrote:
What the hell, this country is going to hell,

Get me citizenship in the UK and I'll come be an a mute boyfriend you can just set in front of a computer and use when you need attention. :lol:

I have a lot money 8)

D'aww alright then. 8)

kazanscube wrote:
smudge wrote:
Well, I'm avoided by the people here, and my crush doesn't want me. There's nothing I can do. I want to be *craved* by someone. I want to be held tightly, and kissed, and told that I'm important and their whole world to them.

But, it's never going to happen with him. I give up.

I don't feel like posting anymore.

I'll state for the record like ImAnApsie, I've not been in any relationship be it romantic or platonic in 15years now though, I've damned try on a sincere level.

Hmm, I haven't for...a few months. We had a similar thinking style, but we conflicted. I need someone laid back this time, and kinder. Sigh.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 7:53 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
Well, I'm sorry, ImAnAspie, that you feel that way. I have never been in a romantic relationship before and I am in no hurry.

There are heterosexuals (who want sex)
and then
There are hetero-romantics (who only want warmth and to be loved)

I am hetero-romantic. But that doesn't mean I'm a robot, devoid of all feelings. I'm an alien who would like to feel wanted, needed, warm with another sentient being,... LOVED. Just because I don't want to boink them doesn't mean I'm a cold fish. We all need love. We all want to feel needed. Otherwise, what's the point?!?!

And, I've been living for no point for over 10 years. Not even held a female's hand in all that time.

What's the point?

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 8:08 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:

There are heterosexuals (who want sex)
and then
There are hetero-romantics (who only want warmth and to be loved)

And, I've been living for no point for over 10 years. Not even held a female's hand in all that time.

What's the point?

Besides, you're only 29 years old. I've got another 20 years on you. I'm nearly 50. You've still got time to find someone. I'm too old. I couldn't find someone when I was your age or younger. What do yo think my chances are at 50.

I now realise, I'm going to die a lonely old man. Nothing from now to the grave is going to change for me.

The best I can hope for is acceptance!

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 8:56 am

The life of game developer means, having people constantly ask you if you fixed this or fixed and and made things more balanced.What are people expecting, perfection? I'd hope not"

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 10:14 am

The cat is sleeping on my bed =)

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 10:25 am

kazanscube wrote:
The life of game developer means, having people constantly ask you if you fixed this or fixed and and made things more balanced.What are people expecting, perfection? I'd hope not"

Kazan, that is the nature of humans. They always want more, better, etc.

Writing games is a no end deal until you reach reality on the screen which you will never do.
BUT

As a programmer of business software, they say to you, "I want a program to do X, Y & Z"

And you can do that for them, Perfectly. You can write them a program that does all that, garbage collection/memory management, no leeks etc. Runs perfectly and does ALL that they wanted it to do and does it flawlessly

But, as I said, human nature comes into it and then they come back to you saying, "Can you make it do this? Can you change it in that way?" etc.

Humans are never satisfied.

I've just recently written a HUGE program at work that can do 11 times faster than 1 human can do in any given period of time - and THEY'RE STILL NOT HAPPY! ***

P.S.
I'm going to win an award, get a HUGE promotion and get my own team of developers for what I've already done - and programming isn't even my job. I'm a Federal Officer and they've just stumbled on my ability to program and save them time and money. They also know I'm an Aspie.

*** they're still coming to me saying, "Can you make it do this? Can you make it do that?"

Which I can, but my point is... End users are never satisfied.

And God forbid, your code may actually have a bug in it, despite the fact that you told them, this may be so, suddenly, you're the doctor that killed their relative.

You get very little appreciation for all the wonderful and magical stuff you can do with code and all the vehement when it doesn't do exactly what they want, God forbid a crash!

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 10:50 am

ImAnAspie wrote:

I get this depression but I feel worse at others aspect of having no social skills. You have actually dodged a bullet here, there is no joy in holding a woman's hand that is worth the pain of them leaving in the end. I am extremely suicidal about tons of stuff relating to social skills and isolation and disability and inability to communicate and so on but what you are wanting is not a greener field, I guarantee it.

There is no greater love then to not be a part of this world,

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 11:26 am

dcj123 wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:

I get this depression but I feel worse at others aspect of having no social skills. You have actually dodged a bullet here, there is no joy in holding a woman's hand that is worth the pain of them leaving in the end. I am extremely suicidal about tons of stuff relating to social skills and isolation and disability and inability to communicate and so on but what you are wanting is not a greener field, I guarantee it.

There is no greater love then to not be a part of this world,

You're right dcj.

As I said in a previous post, be careful what you wish for, because you may just get it.

I've suffered the pain of being kicked out of a 23 year relationship. Kicked out from my family with an 18 year old daughter. I used to be happy. I've been taught to hate humans.

There was no love between me and my partner for the last 10 years of it. Having my monster-in-law come live with us didn't help. She was Russian (both of Kathy's parents were) and HATED ANYONE who wasn't Russian... Especially Chinese.

P.S.

I'm not Chinese. I'm from Erra. Caucasian.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 11:33 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
kazanscube wrote:

Kazan, that is the nature of humans. They always want more, better, etc.

Writing games is a no end deal until you reach reality on the screen which you will never do.
BUT

As a programmer of business software, they say to you, "I want a program to do X, Y & Z"

And you can do that for them, Perfectly. You can write them a program that does all that, garbage collection/memory management, no leeks etc. Runs perfectly and does ALL that they wanted it to do and does it flawlessly

But, as I said, human nature comes into it and then they come back to you saying, "Can you make it do this? Can you change it in that way?" etc.

Humans are never satisfied.

I've just recently written a HUGE program at work that can do 11 times faster than 1 human can do in any given period of time - and THEY'RE STILL NOT HAPPY! ***

P.S.
I'm going to win an award, get a HUGE promotion and get my own team of developers for what I've already done - and programming isn't even my job. I'm a Federal Officer and they've just stumbled on my ability to program and save them time and money. They also know I'm an Aspie.

*** they're still coming to me saying, "Can you make it do this? Can you make it do that?"

Which I can, but my point is... End users are never satisfied.

And God forbid, your code may actually have a bug in it, despite the fact that you told them, this may be so, suddenly, you're the doctor that killed their relative.

You get very little appreciation for all the wonderful and magical stuff you can do with code and all the vehement when it doesn't do exactly what they want, God forbid a crash!

I fully understand as, some persons seek perfection in various aspects of life, in that some people are never happy with a service nor product

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 11:49 am

um...

LOL

I might have a problem, seems I have made a mistake with science and have a little more power with something then I need to.

I don't think any parts will be damaged 8)

Totally talking about computers, what do you think I am talking about :lol: