Page 1106 of 2525 [ 40392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1103, 1104, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 2525  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 3:03 pm

Nine months ago started counseling with the current counselor.

Counselor told me that the insurance only pays for one year of counseling

Counseling with that counselor thus far feels great

But maybe it is just making me more codependent

And maybe the counselor is just humoring me because the insurance pays her 75 bucks an hour to interact with me

Thus far the counselor has not yet told me that I did or said anything bad or wrong. But almost everyone else that I interacted with for any significant amount of time, has had the nerve to tell me that I did or said something bad or wrong. Or make that implication. And that includes at least ten (paid) professional counselors and at least twenty trained volunteer counselor's.

And the current counselor appears too good to be true

Which makes me paranoid she is too good to be true

In the past, when someone appeared perfect, sooner or later it turned out that he or she had profound flaws. For example, someone that appeared ( to me), academically smart, easygoing, socially adept, visually handsome, emotionally resilient. And I wrongly and stupidly assumed he liked, cared about and accepted me. And then it turned out he was homophobic

So paranoid that the current counselor has some huge flaw, that will make me emotionally disturbed, if I trust or idolize the counselor

:D

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 3:53 pm

Lace-Bane, it really is a big deal to find the right medication. :) I hope you continue to feel well rested more frequently.

Shortfatbalduglyman, or how about I just call you Bald so I don't have to call you fat or ugly? Anyway, I don't want to ignore you, but I never know what to say. What can I possibly say to someone who constantly says they've given up on trying new things? I can feel some of your hopelessness as I read your posts but I don't know how to respond to it otherwise.

I've noticed in my own life that when I feel desperate enough, I make more changes than when I just feel listless or mildly hopeless. There's something about that low, pissed-off, I CANT TAKE THIS feeling that eventually drives me forward past fear or fatigue.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

my vanity plates have finally been made and shipped

and my car is still at the shop.

boooo.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 4:49 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
my vanity plates have finally been made and shipped

and my car is still at the shop.

boooo.

oh, the lady is still on repair? :(

Justgeorge
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Aug 2017, 5:00 pm

How does one "self diagnose?" If a person is not a doctor they are not qualified to make a diagnosis related to physical or mental health.
That's what's on my mind right now.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 7:40 pm

klaarblijkelijk heeft mijn superioriteit enigszins wat controverse veroorzaakt.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 7:53 pm

Sorry, but I could care less about one's bitterness. :lol:

Unless you'd wish a tragedy upon someone, :twisted: it just proves the point. I'd just protect others from the likes of you. :skull:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 8:08 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Lace-Bane, it really is a big deal to find the right medication. :) I hope you continue to feel well rested more frequently.

Shortfatbalduglyman, or how about I just call you Bald so I don't have to call you fat or ugly? Anyway, I don't want to ignore you, but I never know what to say. What can I possibly say to someone who constantly says they've given up on trying new things? I can feel some of your hopelessness as I read your posts but I don't know how to respond to it otherwise.

I've noticed in my own life that when I feel desperate enough, I make more changes than when I just feel listless or mildly hopeless. There's something about that low, pissed-off, I CANT TAKE THIS feeling that eventually drives me forward past fear or fatigue.

_________________________________________________________________________________

likewise. apparrently i ain't desparate enough. maybe someone will rape or murder me tomorrow. plenty of situations in the world are much worse than mine. child labor. sweatshops. slavery. disease. discrimination. disability. mental illness. developmental disability. homelessness. rape. murder. child abuse.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 8:37 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
DataB4 wrote:

_________________________________________________________________________________

likewise. apparrently i ain't desparate enough. maybe someone will rape or murder me tomorrow. plenty of situations in the world are much worse than mine. child labor. sweatshops. slavery. disease. discrimination. disability. mental illness. developmental disability. homelessness. rape. murder. child abuse.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Would you really have to be that desperate before trying something new? I could tell you that you deserve better than that, but then, you might not believe me, or maybe call me a precious lil person.

You mentioned that you're often exhausted, not sure if you meant from illness, depression, both maybe... I had gotten sick in November and didn't fully recover for quite a few months. I'd try so hard to function normally, and then I'd get some new cold or whatever, on top of what I already had. Half the time, I was sleeping at least 10-12 hours a day, and the other half, 'I was trying too hard to make up for lost time.

So I have some idea what it's like when the doctors have no clue what to do to help. And there are others here who've suffered way way worse. Not to mention people's experiences with counseling, both good and bad, all over this forum. You aren't alone, for whatever that's worth.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:01 pm

DataB4 wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
DataB4 wrote:

Would you really have to be that desperate before trying something new? I could tell you that you deserve better than that, but then, you might not believe me, or maybe call me a precious lil person.

You mentioned that you're often exhausted, not sure if you meant from illness, depression, both maybe... I had gotten sick in November and didn't fully recover for quite a few months. I'd try so hard to function normally, and then I'd get some new cold or whatever, on top of what I already had. Half the time, I was sleeping at least 10-12 hours a day, and the other half, 'I was trying too hard to make up for lost time.

So I have some idea what it's like when the doctors have no clue what to do to help. And there are others here who've suffered way way worse. Not to mention people's experiences with counseling, both good and bad, all over this forum. You aren't alone, for whatever that's worth.

yes i would have to be that desperate before trying something new. large rewards can only result from large risks. large risks sometimes cause large punishments.

every situation is different. it takes too much energy to think about it.

you do not always get what you think you deserve. nobody deserves to get raped. some victims get raped. what you think you deserve is not necessarily what you deserve. what you think you deserve is sometimes different from what others think you deserve.

if and when you do not get what you think you deserve, then what? either apply peer pressure, file a civil lawsuit, or call 911. but civil lawsuits sometimes take over 2 years. and lawyers sometimes charge 500 bucks per billable hour. and winning ain't guaranteed. and both parties have to get subpoenaed to court for a long time.

police dispatchers, police officers, judges, and juries are people too. they have implicit biases and flaws.

yeah i am often exhausted. phlebotomists usually defer me from blood donation for anemia.

having said that i got diagnosed for clinical depression at age 21. got on prozac and ativan briefly. made me feel exhausted and lessened emotions. positive and negative.

and they cost $$. so stopped taking them.

some patients claim they got a wide variety of side effects from SSRIs and MAOIs. in the Depression Bipolar Support Alliance someone said he took MAOIs and he was eating sugar out the bag. others gained a lot of weight. others slept for twenty four hours.

cost benefit analysis

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:24 pm

If I give it my all, which and when should I?
How so and why? Other than the obvious...

If I give it my all for the wrong reasons, of course it'll be a huge waste.
But to give it my all with the wrong way, it'll be disastrous.
It's like working too hard, overdoing things, and never working smart enough -- all raw brute strength or power, and no strategy nor tactics.

As an autistic, more so and especially from the inside when people kept badgering to focus on the outside.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:37 pm

over the weekend applied for a volunteer job as a suicide hotline operator. it was on the list of community college internships.

the list was a page long. and i only qualified for 2 or 3 of the internships. everything else i either already applied for previous semesters. or did not qualify. straight up.

and another internship, i e-mailed, requesting clarification of the job description.

neither one of them has bothered to answer.

seriously i feel like i am nobody.

here i sit on the computer, trying to type enough to phrase/explain/verbalize/articulate the useless garbage going through my ugly fat stupid head.

and i ain't got no power.

oh well.

got rejected from plenty of unpaid internships already.

among the ones i got into, suspect maybe i was the only applicant or something.

maybe i ought to start panhandling. wake up early and dig through garbage cans for recycling.

there are a lot of panhandlers around. oftentimes i watch strangers give them cash.

would not be surprised if some panhandlers earned a lot more than minimum wage.

kind of like the job, Sign Flipper. some companies hire employees to stand on the sidewalk and flip a sign that advertises for the company.

yeah i could just imagine it now:

Gender Identity Disorder, autism, clinical depression. six out of 10 personality disorders thus far diagnosed
chronically unemployed
no job skills
no precious lil "friends"
please donate $$ for psychotherapy.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 3:36 pm

DataB4 wrote:
thank you... only concern is that the drowsiness might be a temporary side effect. nothing simple like melatonin or chamomile have ever worked, and doctors have said that a lack of sleep can contribute to frequency of migraines/seizures.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 4:50 pm

Usually go to bed at 9 and wake up at 5. Sometimes totally exhausted

Chronically extremely constipated.

Sugar

Fiber

But what I do not get is that why does it appear that almost everyone eats too much sugar and otherwise has an unhealthful diet, but they seem energetic, not clinically depressed, and not constipated?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 Aug 2017, 4:38 pm

Not much....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 4:51 pm

Feeling ashamed and guilty that I have yet to positively contribute something to the milky way

Like I am just a public nuisance

A couple of hours ago, saw a driver abruptly brake for a skateboarder. The skateboarder had to jump off the board in order to avoid getting run over.

"Are you OK?" The driver asked

"Yeah. Trying to floor it?" The skateboarder answered.

The skateboarder acted perfectly calm. Not angry or emotional

Seriously if it were me I would have reacted much worse

And the skateboarder just picked up the skateboarder and resumed skateboarding as if nothing had happened

Wow

Amazing

Because I am so emotionally fragile

And I love holding grudges

Arranged a job interview at a suicide hotline for next week. Curious what kind of questions he might ask