Page 1135 of 2525 [ 40397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1132, 1133, 1134, 1135, 1136, 1137, 1138 ... 2525  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 7:34 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

Feel like I am a Special Snowflake :cry:

Feel guilty and ashamed

Like when I continue living, I pose an undue burden to precious lil "most people"

Hugs for you. I feel the same way.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:11 pm

BaldMan, I wish I knew what to say. :( Does helping other people in small ways ease that "burden" feeling at all?

Dragonsanddemons, that guitar class? Not fun! Sounds like you won't let their pace discourage you from learning and practicing though. I admire that. :)

Hugs to you both.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:22 am

Data b 4

:D

Helping someone does not ease the "burden" feeling at all

:heart:

Sometimes someone intends to "help" and ends up hurting

Sometimes, actions and statements have effects that are not visible, physical, immediate, or direct

Sometimes it is not clear whether something helped or hurt or had no effect

And helping someone could cause :mrgreen: codependency

Besides I have few or no job skills. Certainly not any skills worth over minimum wage

:cry:

A previous licensed clinical social worker told me that the objective. Goal. Of counseling was to "feel better". But nobody measured my serotonin levels

Besides, cost benefit analysis

Maybe after counseling, my serotonin levels were higher. But maybe just sitting alone in a quiet room would have had the same result

And the current counselor charges 75 bucks an hour. Which is around the standard rate for other counselors

But to get 75 bucks I have to panhandle from a lot of strangers. So is the cost benefit analysis worth it?

Besides, what is so good about feeling better?

Maybe feeling better in the long term requires feeling worse in the short term

For example, if I ate a pound of :cry: lasagna :D , I would feel better while eating. And feel worse afterward

Furthermore, motels charge about 75 bucks a day. A night. Too. 75 bucks, when used strategically, could provide two weeks of food. Especially with the "help" of soup kitchens.

Room and board

75 bucks provides for unlimited bus fare, where I live

:idea:

Anyways some precious lil "people" have the nerve to condescendingly offer "help" :cry: when you do not need or want help. And when you did not do anything wrong either :skull:

For example, on Sunday, a security guard had the nerve to ask me "do you need help" and he told me I was on the toilet for 30 minutes.

But I measured it. 15 minutes. There were five toilets and at least two of them were empty. Nobody was waiting for the toilet

And then he left and came back with another self-important precious lil "person". And that one had the nerve to tell me that if I did not leave in five minutes, he would call medical services.

:wink:

:roll:

It's like wtf :?:

If they wanted to "help" me they could have just left me alone :!:

If someone is raping me, someone can "help" by physically removing the rapist from my worthless corpse

Granted, I am not functioning well alone. (Fine)

But almost nobody has the authority, skill, desire, or energy to provide real "help"

That could be significant.

:cry:

:(

:ninja:

:P

Phrygian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2017, 9:00 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Gosh, my guitar class is disheartening. I practice every day for at least an hour, yet when I get to class, everyone else is much better than me. I'm apparently really slow to learn chords - we're given two or three minutes to practice new chords on our own and then given a pattern to try, and I'm the only one who can't get it before we're all supposed to do the pattern together. And once I do learn them, I'm way too slow in getting my fingers there. I think after this class, I'm just sticking to Youtube videos to learn more, so I can learn at my own pace without having it shoved in my face how much better everyone else is than me.

Hang in there. Even the best have been awful at some point. :)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:34 pm

Today a stranger correctly pointed out that I was sitting on the ground, then I was sitting next to. (about two yards away from) them.

The stranger had the nerve to tell me that I was a "weirdo".

She was correct

But she had no clue how correct

:mrgreen:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:38 pm

I have never felt so desperate to find another situation.

And I literally cannot for multiple un-fixable reasons, without actually doing even more damage to my life. Long story.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:56 pm

that feeling where you feel as though you're missing something, but you don't know what it is.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:06 pm

The hilarity of saying something awful to people who know I don't mean it. Fingerd crossed, anyway.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 10:38 pm

MEPS
Dodmerb
ROTC
AFROTC
The garrison
The fleet
The latrine
The head
Advanced rank
Eagle Scout
Gold award
Noncommissioned officer
Smoked
Footlocker
Salute
Sir sandwich
Fraternizing
Red tape
Involuntary reclassification
Mandatory reclassification
Paris island
Quantico
Lack land, Texas
Gas chamber
Navy shower

Counseling
Straggling

:)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 11:40 pm

I really want to cut myself and watch the blood flow out of the wound, but I know I shouldn't. Wish I had some way to get rid of, or at least ease, this urge.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 1:47 am

Ytre le shwshavaát le tes mothiexen dalemoonn. Te le tes ze shwshava, o te le tes nel mothiexen shava veliray. Cah, de te leannis am pahat seflohy parafinie kate daianit, te vephavly am sellais am laget shwcaly...la le veie twnoth gelott.

People who don't know me say that it is nostalgia. I don't know what it is but I know for certain that it isn't nostalgia. So, when I close my window and turn on the blue paraffin lamp, I do not write anything in the diary beneath my pillow, except that one more day has passed.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 1:51 am

After sitting in the underground carpark for some time today I've come to the conclusion that nobody in my town actually knows how to drive. 8O

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 2:27 am

Calm these hands before they snare another pill and
Drive another nail down another meaty hole
Please release me

I am surrendering to gravity and the unknown
Catch me, heal me, lift me back up to the sun
I choose to live

The question is, am I being selfish in that choice?
Those are lyrics from "Gravity" by A Perfect Circle. I'm finding them particularly applicable of late.

Last edited by dragonsanddemons on 20 Sep 2017, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 2:27 am

i'm the only person in the entire world who knows how to drive.

just kidding.

i backed into the front of a ford exploder the other day. my car was unscathed thankfully but i bent the other guy's front plates a bit and maybe left a scratch or two.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2017, 4:14 am

* That I feel trapped and like I might never be able to change.

* That I wish I can meet my best friend in real life one day, and that I'm sad that I'll never be able to because he lives in another country. We both worry a lot, so we worry it will never happen even though we would both love to meet.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

technolash
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2017, 4:53 am

Is this site for US only?