Do food and drinks in the bathroom bother you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 8:18 pm

I would never eat in a public toilet, not even at the sinks. Some kids did at school and I thought it was gross. We had a cafeteria for a reason!

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 8:30 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I will drink water from the bathroom sink and will use a cup that's been in the bathroom if it has been washed (but not if it's been in there when the toilet was flushed but hasn't been washed in the meantime, or if the part you drink from has touched the counter), but otherwise I'm the same way. It perplexes me, too, how some people will take food or beverages into the bathroom and still eat/drink it. I'm guessing they put the coffee makers in hotels in the bathroom because that's where the water is, so that makes it more convenient to fill, but I also wouldn't want to use it (but that isn't an issue for me because I don't like coffee either). I usually only have drinks in public at restaurants or coffee shops (I get non-coffee beverages there sometimes), so I'll just leave my drink at the table if I need to use the bathroom.
This is probably closer to where my stance is. I've never actually met or seen anyone that actually does that though (but then again I'm oblivious sometimes, so I may never have noticed), so I've wondered who ever would.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 9:29 pm

SentientPotato wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
I will drink water from the bathroom sink and will use a cup that's been in the bathroom if it has been washed (but not if it's been in there when the toilet was flushed but hasn't been washed in the meantime, or if the part you drink from has touched the counter), but otherwise I'm the same way. It perplexes me, too, how some people will take food or beverages into the bathroom and still eat/drink it. I'm guessing they put the coffee makers in hotels in the bathroom because that's where the water is, so that makes it more convenient to fill, but I also wouldn't want to use it (but that isn't an issue for me because I don't like coffee either). I usually only have drinks in public at restaurants or coffee shops (I get non-coffee beverages there sometimes), so I'll just leave my drink at the table if I need to use the bathroom.
This is probably closer to where my stance is. I've never actually met or seen anyone that actually does that though (but then again I'm oblivious sometimes, so I may never have noticed), so I've wondered who ever would.

I've only ever seen people bring drinks into the bathroom with them, like if the bathrooms are close to the drink machine and we're getting ready to leave a restaurant, my dad will bring his drink into the bathroom and then get a refill on the way out.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Oct 2017, 1:54 am

I don't remember ever seeing anyone doing that in the bathroom but I could of just not noticed or not remember. I sometimes bring empty soda cans to the bathroom if I'm on my way to the kitchen(we recycle them & rinse them off 1st) & I rinse my mouth out after I brush my teeth with water from the sink but I don't drink it & I sometimes eat food if it's already in my mouth but that's it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 2:09 am

Yes, it is not sanitary and disgusting.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 9:04 am

Thousands of animals poop outdoors all the time. I guess picnicking is out of the question.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 9:14 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Thousands of animals poop outdoors all the time. I guess picnicking is out of the question.

It's mostly the thought of the toilet spraying particles all over when it flushes that puts me off. But I won't eat anything that's touched an outdoor surface like a picnic table, either, or even a table at a restaurant, because who knows how long it's been since the tables have had more cleaning than a quick wipe-down with a damp rag. I admit I'm paranoid about things like that.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 9:20 am

Yuk. The only thing you should be doing in the bathroom is pooping, peeing, or playing your mobile phone.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 11:42 am

When I went out alone which was most of the time I did that because I did not want it stolen or thrown away by someone mistaking it for garbage. I put it in a bag when possible.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 2:13 pm

I've found evidence of people eating their dinner on the toilet, at my works.

I don't find it disgusting, I've done far worse things.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 10:04 pm

MSBKyle wrote:
I can't eat or drink in the bathroom or eat food that has been in the bathroom. It really grosses me out when someone goes into the bathroom with food or a drink. It doesn't matter how clean a bathroom is, it is still the place where feces, urine, mold, nude bodies, hairs, and everything gross you can imagine has been. I don't know how anyone can eat or take food into the bathroom knowing everything that goes on in there. Food and drinks belong nowhere near a bathroom. I won't even drink water that comes from a bathroom faucet. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I notice that when I stay in hotels the coffee maker and all the coffee stuff is in the bathroom. I just find it repulsive whenever I see anything food or drink related in a bathroom. I can't even drink out of cups that have been in a bathroom. It doesn't matter how many times they have been washed. How do you feel about this? Do you find it disgusting to bring food or drinks into the bathroom?
I agree 100%, MSBKyle.

My father has had that habit at times and it grosses me out.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm another one who wouldn't eat food that has touched the table unless it happens in my own home.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765