An aspies (autistics) daydream 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
An aspies (autistics) nightmare 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Theamazingeek87 needs a new poll to climb 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 8:12 am

It's an intriguing idea, but there'd need to be some pretty neat additional facilities around before I'd consider living in one barring extraordinary circumstances.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 5:08 pm

Pros: lower rent/price

Cons: Small place, little space. Repeat as many times as you wish. if you like to have anything more than basics (and I do!), no.
Small space also means it can be harder to clean because moving things around is harder in smaller places.
Less privacy if you have family/ roomies

No, just no. You'd have to be a minimalist.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 10:59 pm

taken to its logical extreme, why not build something the size of a phone booth that is an all-in-one toilet, shower, sink, hanging rest platform [like how the space station astronauts sleep, hanging and dangling from a hook].

questor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 2:50 am

I don't like maneuvering around in cramped spaces, so no, I wouldn't want to live in a tiny apartment or home. Also, I have a lot of books that I reread, so I'm not about to get rid of them, and I also add to my collection, so a small space wouldn't work for me. There is still all my other stuff, too, so again, I can't fit my life into a tiny space. A year ago I moved from a trailer of about 790 sq. ft. into a govt. subsidized handicapped accessible apartment that's somewhere between 684 and 720 sq. ft. Not sure of the exact measurements, but it is a little smaller than the trailer, which had 2 bedrooms. This apartment has one bedroom, but the hall had to be big to allow for easy access for wheelchairs to every part of the apartment, so it's big enough to count as a small bonus room. They even equipped the hall with a phone jack and a cable jack, and several outlets, so this is where I set up my home office. It's the perfect place for that. The rest of the rooms also had to be larger to allow for wheelchair access. I don't use a wheelchair, but I do get around with 2 canes, and just bought a rolling walker, so a tiny home would really be too cramped for me, and for my stuff.

Anyway, I was able to bring most of my stuff from the trailer with me. I just left behind several pieces of furniture that I didn't want, but I had room for everything else here in the new apartment.

My worsening mobility issues prompted the move. The trailer has porch steps, and a tub I had trouble getting in and out of, and I was having too much trouble getting up and down the porch steps. The new apartment has no steps and a step in shower stall the size of a tub, but without the outside tub wall to scramble over. I got a note from my doc saying I was disabled, so I could qualify for this apartment. I usually hate moves, not just the packing and moving process, but I hate having to get used to a new place, but this time I really like the new place, so I haven't had a problem getting used to the new place, except how quiet it is in the winter. I was used to livng in a trailer park, and having neighbors coming and going from their units. Here in this apartment complex there is a lot less coming and going, so it was very quiet last winter when I moved in. I don't mind the quiet, I just wasn't used to so much of it.

I really like that I was able to bring everything that I wanted to bring when I moved in here. Had I had to take a regular one bedroom apartment, I would have had to cram in everthing I wanted to bring with me, and I wouldn't have liked to live in such a cramped situation..

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 6:17 am

What counts as micro size? I'm currently renting a studio that's 32 m2 and it works aside from the lack of storage space and the fact that there's no separate bedroom. When I buy my own, I want something bigger than that so no, I don't think I could handle micro sized apartment.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 2:01 pm

Here in California, micro-apartments are a must to help address high-housing costs, homelessness, etc.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 12:45 am

Where would I store all my stuff.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 12:48 am

^^^one of those ubiquitous rental self-storage places?

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 4:41 pm

I would think you would have to own almost nothing. It may be something like living in a dorm room.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Feb 2020, 5:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I would have a slightly better opinion on tiny houses than micro appartments because there is a property with the houses. The property may be owned by family or friends instead of the person in the tiny house thou. Sometimes people get tiny houses next to a house family or friend has, then the person living in the tiny house might could share a garage or use the regular house sometimes. & if the person in the tiny house owns the land, they might be able to put up their own shed or something to use for storage. I knew of one Aspie who was living in a camper on her parents property that her parents house was on. She still had access to her parents house. Something like that seems a lot more appealing than living in a tiny apartment where the only space I would have there would be the apartment & maybe a place to park a vehicle.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 12:20 am

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I would have a slightly better opinion on tiny houses than micro appartments because there is a property with the houses. The property may be owned by family or friends instead of the person in the tiny house thou. Sometimes people get tiny houses next to a house family or friend has, then the person living in the tiny house might could share a garage or use the regular house sometimes. & if the person in the tiny house owns the land, they might be able to put up their own shed or something to use for storage. I knew of one Aspie who was living in a camper on her parents property that her parents house was on. She still had access to her parents house. Something like that seems a lot more appealing than living in a tiny apartment where the only space I would have there would be the apartment & maybe a place to park a vehicle.

i know that people originally from the deep south tend to use the word "camper" [fits into the back of a pickup truck as shown in pic below] to mean vacation trailer, so is this young woman living in something resembling a vacation trailer? a real camper would be mighty tiny even for a petite woman.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Feb 2020, 9:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i know that people originally from the deep south tend to use the word "camper" [fits into the back of a pickup truck as shown in pic below] to mean vacation trailer, so is this young woman living in something resembling a vacation trailer? a real camper would be mighty tiny even for a petite woman.

It was the kind that you drove instead of the kind that hooks up to the back of a truck. I don't think she ever drove it thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 9:51 pm

nick007 wrote:
It was the kind that you drove instead of the kind that hooks up to the back of a truck. I don't think she ever drove it thou.

that's even better, if she gets bored she can pretend to drive it little kid-style, like "VROOM! VROOM!" ;)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 1:05 pm

I couldn’t do it. Where would I store my plushies? I don’t like being in a small space anyway.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2020, 12:09 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I couldn’t do it. Where would I store my plushies? I don’t like being in a small space anyway.

you might place them upon the walls.