Any adult Lego fans on the WP forums?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Feb 2020, 5:37 am

Before I call out any adult Lego collectors, I am 40 years old, I like collecting sets and just putting them on display since only children literally play with Lego. If I am too old for Lego, I am afraid that you're still living in the late 20th Century and haven't yet seen yourself in the 21st century. Even there are adults collecting Duplo, it happens that Duplo isn't my cup of tea.

Blame social media platforms like YouTube and Instagram for adults who are into Lego.

I collect Lego from the 1980 - 1995 and as recent ones from 2017 - 2020. I had collected some "Star Wars" Lego and currently collecting Lego Pirates from 1989 - 1994. Any Lego kits that are sadly missed from my childhood had been all replaced all thanks to the internet.

I have so far published three videos about my Lego collection with feature Lego animations for you to look at and enjoy.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 8:46 am

I still like stacking legos.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 11:25 pm

Building things with Lego and taking pictures of them is one of my hobbies.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 3:06 am

I am 6o years old. I started playing with Lego in my early teens, and my much younger brother started at the same time. We each had our own sets. A few years later it was suggested by my elders that I give my own Lego supply to my younger brother, as it was felt I had become too old for Lego. I had a lot of other stuff going on at the time, so I agreed to give my Lego to my brother. Before I gave him my sets, I neatly stacked all the pieces together, and then showed this to my elders, and then gave them to my brother. In a very short time, he had managed to lose a lot of the pieces, to break some, and to get some of them very dirty. I knew this would happen, I just don't know the how of it, because I was never very destructive with my toys, but my younger brother was always rough with his toys. Anyway, it's decades later, and about a year ago, my older brother was going thru some stuff in our father's summer home garage, to help declutter. He found a large bucket filled with the remains of my younger brother's and my Lego sets. My younger brother didn't want the Lego, but I took it, as it occurred to me that I could make useful things for my new apartment. I've actually made a few things out of the Lego supply since then, so it was a good idea to keep them.

I don't really have an interest in playing with Lego anymore, but making real stuff to use around my home is nice, and is a sort of fun and useful "crafty" activity.