Page 16 of 97 [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 97  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 10:54 pm

I know Hitler was an artist. Don't know how good he was at it, though. But I feel like people lately are being like, "Oh that person's an artist, better be careful or they'll put you in a gas chamber" or some nonsense.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 10:54 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I think the last time I went trick-or-treating I was like, 14 years old. Me and two of my friends did it. We started a lot later than actual little kids start and didn't wear half-assed costumes. A few people were annoyed that we were doing that, but most seemed to just not care.

I don't get why people would care. I think it's great that you did that. Poor teenagers are criticised if they grow up too quickly OR if they still feel like kids. It's a lose-lose. No wonder there's so much anxiety at that age.

I'm allergic to October and it results in pneumonia. I spent most Octobers of my young life sick in hospital or on a breathing machine. My mother bought K-Mart costumes for me to wear at home but I never got to go out.

The only year I was well enough to go trick-or-treating I was around 12. I was considered too old to go with my parents or with my brother who was even older than I was. I didn't have any friends to go with. I made my costume and ended up not going because I felt like a loser going alone.

My brother and his friends always used pillowslips too, like lostonearth. They would dump some in my pillowslip to share. After the first night of snacking, my mother made us keep them in the freezer and we were only allowed one piece per day until it ran out. It usually lasted long into the following summer.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 1:50 pm

i don't get why high IQs are the most glorified thing in the world.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 9:18 am

I don't get why high IQs are glorified when western society really does not value intelligence. If it does, then why is Tik Tok so popular? Why are people thinking it's perfectly okay to eat chicken marinated in NyQuil or deliberately destroy school property because Tik Tok? :roll:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 2:47 am

Why some therapists want to tell you all about themselves on the first visit.
I actually interrupted her and said, "You don't have to tell me about yourself".
But she still told me about herself.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 4:18 am

Why do we have so many rules and laws that duplicate themselves, and because the existing laws are broken, they add yet more instead of actually addressing the lawbreakers.

When it comes down to it, we really only need a few laws and rules to live by and if we all lived by them we would all succeed and be generally happy. Simple laws are simple to keep and are simply applied. Lawbreakers know exactly when they break them as well.
Today in this western world, one can be breaking multiple laws without a clue one has broken any, as here just in Wales, our Welsh assembly quickly passed thousands of new laws which none of us seem to know what they were before we had Brexit. Why? Soeone said 32,000 laws were passed immediately before? Why? (Our Welsh assembly does not rightfully represent our people because the majority vote here in Wales was for Brexit, and yet there is hardly a single Welsh MP in the Welsh Assembly who is not a pro-EU member. Yet these laws which were passed were said to favour the EU and to make things awkward for Wales from proceeding down the Brexit route? What about representing the people for a change and not representing ones own views? I am not saying that this always is the case as I have seen some stunning representation on behalf of the people, but lets have some clarity here and lets have some 100% trust. Lets not decieve the people that one is supposed to be representing.
The people are always going to have different views to each other which is why we put things to the vote, but as an assembly member ones job is to find the results of the majority vote in ones own local area, and then bring themforth to the assembly, and the Welsh Assembly, the Scotish and Irish and English equivalents are "Supposed" to be working together on behalf of the people of the UK and NOT working against each other just because they don't like each other. It is NOT their jobs to disslike and to vote against good ideas just because one does not like others! It is ones job to vote and be heard on behalf of ones people!
And a situation far worse exists in the UK parliament and the various assemblies. Our MP's are often found voting on subjects they do not know. What I mean by this, is a young reporter who had not yet been government manipulated was covering our House of Commons, and after a vote was cast and the MP's started to leave, he interviewed a few of them. He asked them what they had just been voting for and they did not even know. One MP honestly said to him "Our party told us to vote for it". Yet they did not know what the subject was! This should be made illegal. We DON'T want ANY of our MP's and representatives voting on ANYTHING that they don't know about because to me this is a void vote. It is like me going to the polling station and putting my cross on a random candidate who I didn't even know what they stood for! Why are these people even allowed to be MP's? At least my own MP actually takes the time to read what she votes for. I know she works hard on our behalf, even though I do not agree with her partys politics. I do however respect her for the work she and her collegues do.
I really strongly believe that there should be a cross party rule that NO ONE is allowed to vote unless they know the subject they are voting for because they could be voting all sorts of things in that they would be horrified if they realized what could potentially happen! Could vote to obliterate the UK and they would not know what they had done! Stupid system we have!
And if subjects being voted for are too fast for politicians to keep up, then lets find methods where some from each party study a portion of the subjects themselves where the party has ensured they have spread out representation as far as they can make it so the views are not going to be the same, so we hope to at the very least end up with a sensible conclusion. Thank God we have the House of Lords as a back up to prevent stupid decisions and laws from being made! They have saved us on many an occasion and those people who believe we don't need them, think again please! As believe it or not, most of them do read things and they do work together more regardless of the party they used to represent. Past parties does not come into it. They vote on the subject principles themselves and this back up had really saved the UK from some big mistakes so we REALLY NEED THEM! They are worth their weight in gold even if the odd elderly Lord may occasionally fall asleep! Haha! But we REALLY NEED THEM AS THEY DRAW ON THEIR CROSS PARTY AND OTHER EXPERIENCE which is why our Lords are largely from influencial backgrounds because they will know what works and what will not work. WE NEED THEM!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 8:45 am

I don't understand why some people have nothing better to do than sit around and gossip all day long.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 9:32 am

I don’t get why I wake up feeling worse and far more tired than when I go to bed.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 1:15 pm

I don't get why some people think only quoting part of their post you are responding to is an attack on them (yes this actually happened on another website and I blocked them)

I don't get why aspies have to assume bad intentions in other aspies when they are more blunt or just communicate different so they assume they are being bullies.

I don't get why aspies expect other aspies to be just like them and assume if they struggle in an area they don't struggle in, it must be intentional.

Willful ignorance is what I don't get and why people can't just use google search if they want to understand something, type in a question in search, jeez.

I don't understand why people expect you to act the same on all websites.

I don't understand why people assume if you are subscribed or posting in Reddit sub or are following a Twitter account or a youtube channel, it must mean you agree with their ideology.

Ignoring context of a post so they get offended over a word or sentenced you used.

I don't get why people freak out over spiders or other bugs or a mouse or a rat. It's not like they're going to attack you. Some attack it while other shriek and run from the room or climb up on a furniture.

Why people think they can say whatever they want and be free from consequences.

Why men and other people are mad about women going on "sex strikes" after the abortion ban law passed. Isn't this what they wanted, us women top keep our legs closed? Now men are mad they can't have sex from their partner?

Profit.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Last edited by League_Girl on 17 Oct 2022, 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 1:16 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't get fat shaming.

I don't get why medical information about obesity is fat shaming.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 1:17 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
I don't get why people post links to 'news' stories on this site without commenting on them. I get why you'd do it if it was something you wanted to talk about, but why just start a thread, post the link and not comment?

I don't get why some people post old news stories.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 2:08 pm

I don't get why mens and womens clothes are measured differently.

Like mens jeans are size 28 waist and womens are a size 8 or 10.

You'd think that in this day and age they would make it more gender neutral. I mean especially on things like jeans anyway.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 9:13 pm

I don't get why men can be any size they want, while women have to be shaped like a delicate flower.

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 11:57 pm

Why I’m in Wrong Planet instead of studying for a test in the morning.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 12:26 am

Why are there ALOT of stupid people out there? There are alot stupid people on Facebook, WP is better, I fit in here better.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2022, 9:26 am

Why I'm even on Wrong Planet when so much of what's on it makes me upset. :(

At least that's what my mother asked me yesterday. I told her there's a lot of good and enjoyable things on WP, too. :)