Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 4:06 pm

If I could have a pet snake I would name it Echidna or Lamia after the mythical she-monsters in Greek Mythology that had the lower body of a serpent and the upper body of a beautiful maiden. :heart:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 4:43 pm

this is a mixed topic for me . Have had neighbours whom hated that I would not fall for their pretenses of being good people while helping their adult ex con grandchildren rip off our home in the desert repeatedly and repeatedly , with
no help from the sheriffs dept . And seems he had done this with other neighbours .And then started pushing their dogs undeneath our fence. So if they got caught,ripping off our home. their excuse was that they were trying to retrieve their animals actually saw one man who was working with them dig a hole under our fence to push his dog through , then animal comtrol got that one and two days later. , he had gotten a new adopted dog from the pound and pushed it through that same evening , We delivered it back to the pound and he did it again with a different dog . , working with our bad neighbour . Eventually one that came through had been attacking our wildlife we were feeding and caring for . That dog attacked me , And he was dispatched by my late husband.
But i do pretty much love most all animals . With the exception of the ones that people , weaponize .
This is not meant to be a bad post but a cautionary thought , just incase it happens to someone else.
Always understood pets belong with their owners and usually in a yard or a house.
But have owned responsibly many dogs in my life and grew up with a lovely Calico and Siamese cat. They can feel very supportive in times of stress or playfulness :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 4:55 pm

I think, if I live to be a thousand, I will never understand the appeal of cats. I feel a deep affinity for most animals and prefer them to people. But not cats.

I'm feeling very obnoxious today so I'll just say it. Cats are animals for people who don't get why animals are good.

Dogs are awesome. My best friend is a dog. Neither of us care for cats.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:05 pm

I have a friend who is an extreme animal lover. But the only two animals in the world she dislikes are cats and rats, my FAVOURITE animals. What are the odds of that?! :o :mrgreen:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:12 pm

Rats are highly Social Animals , have own three over a perod of about ten years when was much younger.
All females .. but being little , for some odd reason , named one of them Moses .Go figure thinking inside a Aspie mind.??. :roll:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:15 pm

Jakki wrote:
Rats are highly Social Animals , have own three over a perod of about ten years when was much younger.
All females .. but being little , for some odd reason , named one of them Moses .Go figure thinking inside a Aspie mind.??. :roll:

On a rat Facebook group I go on there are hilarious names people have named their rats. Once there was a rat called Headache.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:18 pm

Has anyone called their rat Boomtown?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:37 pm

I like rats. I live near a grain storage barn so there's always plenty about. They have nice faces.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:41 pm

Hmm, maybe I could ask the mods to make a separate thread for the discussion of rats. :) :heart:

I have a lot to say about ratties. :heart:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:50 pm

Second rat got nicknamed Spizzm... cause , i could not figure out how the Spizzms nose worked it seemed to spasm out of control most of the time it was awake .How could it be a useful nose if it was busy wiggling All the time. Maybe it was particular affectation to that particilar rat. But she gave me great company :D .
Mum said it was a Japanese Rat ..? 8O
Later I learned it was a Norway Rat... years later , learned they came in all types even fuzzy curley haired ones.
Never saw one of those in real life. Hooded ones . white ones ,black ones,brown ones . Ones that had birth defects with their heads put on cockeyed . Even saw piks of ones with one ear. :heart: Spizzm was smarter than I ,cause , it took me forever to figure out how it kept opening its cage door . :nerdy:

A Rat thread could be fun !

Chuckster
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2023, 6:10 pm

degus are the best. period. 8)

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 6:18 pm

I had a rat (I know, just one... I should have had two but I was like 13-14? So I didn't know any better) that was named Ratigan. She would lick me and sit on my shoulder. Rats remind me a lot of dogs, very tiny dogs.

I would love to have rats again, but if I got another rodent I would probably get a Syrian hamster, since they live by themselves and they are so cool.