What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 369 of 498 [ 7964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372 ... 498  Next

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 11:49 am

I dreamt that my crush (I guess you could call it) was my sister or half-sister and lived with us.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2017, 5:09 pm

I dreamt a very short dream that I was sewing the fleshy part at the bottom of my thumb. I used a bright silver needle and dangerous black thread to make a very basic stitch. Then I thought of a better stitch so I pulled out the thread and made another stitch, which was fancier but I botched it. After several tries, I could not do or undo the new fancy stitch. In the dream, I thought, "Oh, hell, I might as well get up and go to the bathroom." Whereupon I woke and went to the bathroom.

Can anybody analyse this nonsense? Esp. the dangerous black thread drawn by a shiny silver needle. btw, I don't cut, never did. But I sew well. As for going to the bathroom, at my age that's so frequent it's almost a hobby. That part of dream would be 'return to normal.'

It's the black thread - not normal thread, more snake-like, but not alive or anything. Why am I stringing up my opposable (most useful) thumb with poison(?) thick slick black thread?

Uh ... maybe I should add that my sister-in-law died last week. No warning.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 8:52 pm

I dreamed that I was at something that was like Hogwarts, from the Harry Potter series, yet it simultaneously seemed so fake and artificial, like a costume party.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 12:28 am

I dreamt I was back in the army, back before permanent party, when I was in "casual status." I was walking with some skinny dude with dark thick [but short] hair and sideburns as thick as the [reserve] army then would allow [thick but only reaching to the ear lobe], wearing winter-issue BDUs and jump boots. we were walking and talking together down and around some kind of square mall with an open courtyard in the middle that was strangely empty. we were discussing another GI that I chatted with earlier, who wanted to get to know me better, the sideburned guy told me to "give him a proper chance." then I awoke. :scratch:

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 10:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
I dreamt I was back in the army, back before permanent party, when I was in "casual status." I was walking with some skinny dude with dark thick [but short] hair and sideburns as thick as the [reserve] army then would allow [thick but only reaching to the ear lobe], wearing winter-issue BDUs and jump boots. we were walking and talking together down and around some kind of square mall with an open courtyard in the middle that was strangely empty. we were discussing another GI that I chatted with earlier, who wanted to get to know me better, the sideburned guy told me to "give him a proper chance." then I awoke. :scratch:

Your dream is possibly telling you to open up to people? :idea:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 5:38 pm

^^^ I dunno. I wonder if the following recent dream sheds any light on it-

i dreamt that i was in the mezzanine in some old white-painted clapboard building, well-restored and maintained, somewhere rural. it had dark grey carpeting, and was full of old surplus clothing and furniture and odds and ends. i had to go to the bathroom and all the plumbing was downstairs, so i waited next to an impossibly steep and narrow staircase as a long line of people ascended, very slowly, taking their time, getting more irritated with each one, when finally this old white-haired man [resembling an elderly Spencer Tracy] dressed in crude white button-down shirt and black slacks, belt and polished black leather shoes, passed, then pointedly closed the door after him trying to block me, while giving me a dirty look which i shot right back at him as i threw the door back open and bounded down the stairs, with him calling me rude for going down the "up" stairs and me replying that the pot should call the kettle black, to which he retorted, "i can tell you're no architect as you obviously know nothing about which you speak," to which i retorted, "it doesn't take a ship captain to know when the ship is un-seaworthy and sinking." i thought other uncharitable thoughts about that provincially self-righteous old prig and that stoooopid building design. then i found myself in a classroom with tan wooden walls and floor, large old-fashioned windows blackboard in front, at an old student desk, staring down at an old brown parchment binding, dark brown leather cover, twine tying it all together, on which i had just written down, in fat pencil, my dream, and a few other things. that same ridiculous old man was the teacher. then i awoke. :huh:

Last edited by auntblabby on 09 Dec 2017, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 7:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:

i dreamt that i was in the mezzanine in some old white-painted clapboard building, well-restored and maintained, somewhere rural. it was full of old surplus clothing and furniture and odds and ends. i had to go to the bathroom and all the plumbing was downstairs, so i waited next to an impossibly steep and narrow staircase as a long line of people ascended, very slowly, taking their time, getting more irritated with each one, when finally this old white-haired man [resembling an elderly Spencer Tracy] dressed in crude white button-down shirt and black slacks, belt and polished black leather shoes, passed, then pointedly closed the door after him trying to block me, while giving me a dirty look which i shot right back at him as i threw the door back open and bounded down the stairs, with him calling me rude for going down the "up" stairs and me replying that the pot should call the kettle black, to which he retorted, "i can tell you're no architect as you obviously know nothing about which you speak," to which i retorted, "it doesn't take a ship captain to know when the ship is un-seaworthy and sinking." i thought other uncharitable thoughts about that provincially self-righteous old prig and that stoooopid building design. then i found myself in a classroom with tan wooden walls and floor, large old-fashioned windows blackboard in front, at an old student desk, staring down at an old brown parchment binding, dark brown leather cover, twine tying it all together, on which i had just written down, in fat pencil, my dream, and a few other things. that same ridiculous old man was the teacher. then i awoke. :huh:

I have no clue how to interpret this dream :shrug: sorry. So you wrote about your dream, in a dream? :mrgreen:

Did you get my PM? :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 9:38 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i dreamt that i was in the mezzanine in some old white-painted clapboard building, well-restored and maintained, somewhere rural. it had dark grey carpeting, and was full of old surplus clothing and furniture and odds and ends. i had to go to the bathroom and all the plumbing was downstairs, so i waited next to an impossibly steep and narrow staircase as a long line of people ascended, very slowly, taking their time, getting more irritated with each one, when finally this old white-haired man [resembling an elderly Spencer Tracy] dressed in crude white button-down shirt and black slacks, belt and polished black leather shoes, passed, then pointedly closed the door after him trying to block me, while giving me a dirty look which i shot right back at him as i threw the door back open and bounded down the stairs, with him calling me rude for going down the "up" stairs and me replying that the pot should call the kettle black, to which he retorted, "i can tell you're no architect as you obviously know nothing about which you speak," to which i retorted, "it doesn't take a ship captain to know when the ship is un-seaworthy and sinking." i thought other uncharitable thoughts about that provincially self-righteous old prig and that stoooopid building design. then i found myself in a classroom with tan wooden walls and floor, large old-fashioned windows blackboard in front, at an old student desk, staring down at an old brown parchment binding, dark brown leather cover, twine tying it all together, on which i had just written down, in fat pencil, my dream, and a few other things. that same ridiculous old man was the teacher. then i awoke. :huh:

I have no clue how to interpret this dream :shrug: sorry. So you wrote about your dream, in a dream? :mrgreen:

yup, and yup :)

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 10:36 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Thank you. :)

I find it interesting that your dream included you writing about a dream, as I haven’t heard too many dreams that are like that, most are either self-contained or are reflections of the waking life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 10:55 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Thank you. :) I find it interesting that your dream included you writing about a dream, as I haven’t heard too many dreams that are like that, most are either self-contained or are reflections of the waking life.

I've had a few self-referential dreams. I don't know if that is a form of semi-lucid dreaming, or not. in the dream I was aware that I had dreamt and that I commented on it on paper. interesting. :chin: if only I could progress from there, to the point of saying "OK I am dreaming now and can do what I want in it!" :bounce:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 8:31 am

Dreamt about watching someone run the fifty yard dash

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 2:54 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Thank you. :) I find it interesting that your dream included you writing about a dream, as I haven’t heard too many dreams that are like that, most are either self-contained or are reflections of the waking life.

I've had a few self-referential dreams. I don't know if that is a form of semi-lucid dreaming, or not. in the dream I was aware that I had dreamt and that I commented on it on paper. interesting. :chin: if only I could progress from there, to the point of saying "OK I am dreaming now and can do what I want in it!" :bounce:

Perhaps with a bit more practice, you soon can control your dreams, not just go along for the ride! :bounce:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 9:17 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Perhaps with a bit more practice, you soon can control your dreams, not just go along for the ride! :bounce:

problem is, how to be aware enough to know to "practice" while one is dreaming? :scratch:

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 9:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

problem is, how to be aware enough to know to "practice" while one is dreaming? :scratch:

That I could not tell you. :( Sorry. Mebbe try and “think” of yourself saying “this is my dream I am in control!”

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 10:12 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

That I could not tell you. :( Sorry. Mebbe try and “think” of yourself saying “this is my dream I am in control!”

the tough part is getting to precisely that point.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 1:53 am

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

the tough part is getting to precisely that point.

Practice makes perfect :flower: