What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 372 of 498 [ 7966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375 ... 498  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2017, 8:55 am

Dreamt about writing a permission slip

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2017, 1:43 pm

I dreamed that my recently passed grandparents were alive and visiting my parents and me at Christmas. But I was a little freaked out because they were supposed to be dead. :(

I've had many dreams of my grandparents still being alive and healthy, but this was the first time it occured to me that they shouldn't.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Dec 2017, 5:52 pm

I dreamt I was standing with some people in the slush and snow, discussing the papers we held, which described a small project we had made up to help the poor get through winter. The group appointed me to go to Justin Trudeau for his approval and maybe help. He lived in an apartment at the very top of the hill. His office was humble but every door led to something huge, like a tennis court. He was gorgeous and welcoming and he thought I was there to help with his project, which was exactly the same as ours. Even the papers were identical, only much bigger. His project would bring money, so I signed us all up.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Dec 2017, 5:55 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I dreamed that my recently passed grandparents were alive and visiting my parents and me at Christmas. But I was a little freaked out because they were supposed to be dead. :(

I've had many dreams of my grandparents still being alive and healthy, but this was the first time it occured to me that they shouldn't.

Your grandparents are with you - accept it. They will be with you at Christmas, don't doubt it.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Dec 2017, 6:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I just awoke after a bizarre dream where all the roads in my area were gone, replaced with just grassy paths, and these battery-powered creatures resembling a cross between a baby deer and a lamb, were being ridden by these suit-wearing briefcase-toting yuppies racing each other, I was riding one but I was naked and its batteries were depleted, and I had to pick it up and carry it over the steep hill. it was making weak-sounding bleating noises. I comforted it as best i could. when I crested the hill I awoke.

Could that be a variation on the rat race? With those baby underpowered animals carrying the yuppie load. No business suit for you, and you carry and comfort your little animal (little animal instinct?). When you reach the top, I wonder what you saw from there.

I think it's interesting that the yuppies had no power of their own, but had to ride battery-powered baby animals.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 5:53 am

Claradoon wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I just awoke after a bizarre dream where all the roads in my area were gone, replaced with just grassy paths, and these battery-powered creatures resembling a cross between a baby deer and a lamb, were being ridden by these suit-wearing briefcase-toting yuppies racing each other, I was riding one but I was naked and its batteries were depleted, and I had to pick it up and carry it over the steep hill. it was making weak-sounding bleating noises. I comforted it as best i could. when I crested the hill I awoke.

Could that be a variation on the rat race? With those baby underpowered animals carrying the yuppie load. No business suit for you, and you carry and comfort your little animal (little animal instinct?). When you reach the top, I wonder what you saw from there.

I think it's interesting that the yuppies had no power of their own, but had to ride battery-powered baby animals.

Its an interesting image.

Reminds me of a certain French movie someone described to me as having "one of the greatest chase scenes ever" in which both the heroes and the villians were forced to move at a ridiculously slow traffic jam pace- but it was still a suspenseful, if comic, chase.

Everyone is reduced to low tech, and forced to use grass paths instead of super highways. Forced to slow down. But they are all still driven to compete (in the rat race) anyway, and race on these ridiculously slow animal-vehicles.

AB isn't wearing a suit. So he isn't racing the yuppie execs. And he comforts the poor animal.

Not sure what the meaning of it all is. But its a striking image.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 21 Dec 2017, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 6:10 am

babybird wrote:
Last night I dreamed that I was listening to an album by Chris De Burgh.

It was as if it was the best album to have ever been written.

I was singing along to "lady in red".

It was weird because in my waking life Chris De Burgh would never even enter my head.

The content of the song is the key to the meaning of the dream IMHO.

Probably the dream is about you not valuing yourself enough in some way. The male singer of the 80's hit is addressing his lady lover in terms that are romantic to the point of being almost asinine. Lol!

So dreaming that you (a female)are suddenly fawning over a song that is itself a fawning song (directed at you- or can be taken that way) is like you looking into a mirror. :)

Just a thought.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 9:19 am

Dreamt about going to the library

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 11:20 am

I dreamed that I was reading a Baby-Sitter's Little Sister book (a spinoff series of the Baby-Sitter's Club that I used to read), except it was in Choose Your Own Adventure form, with different choices and outcomes. Even weirder, there was at least one swear word in the book, though it was written in an ambiguous way, so it could have been a swear word or another word.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 9:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I had the strangest dream, I was in a dream academy, "jenny" was my teacher, she wore a black beret and dressed in light brown sweater material in a one piece "star trek academy" type uniform, and she showed me a big [6' tall by 5' wide] white box with a bunch of Zs in it of various sizes and styles [of the letter Z], they were all dark brown and supposedly flavored like chocolate. I was supposed to pick one or several, strap them to my body and then sleep with them on me, they would help me sleep [because they were "ZZZZZZ..." shaped] and also help me dream. :huh:

That’s certainly one oddball dream you had, I mean chocolate Z’s?! I have seen “I :heart: U” in chocolate before, but never Z’s. Honestly I don’t think chocolate would be the best thing to help someone fall asleep. How did you know who Jenny was? Did she tell you her name or did Dream-you just know instinctively?

I think she was wearing a name tag but in any case, dream me just knew somehow. :idea:
anyways...I just awoke after a bizarre dream where all the roads in my area were gone, replaced with just grassy paths, and these battery-powered creatures resembling a cross between a baby deer and a lamb, were being ridden by these suit-wearing briefcase-toting yuppies racing each other, I was riding one but I was naked and its batteries were depleted, and I had to pick it up and carry it over the steep hill. it was making weak-sounding bleating noises. I comforted it as best i could. when I crested the hill I awoke.

:huh:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 11:58 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I had the strangest dream, I was in a dream academy, "jenny" was my teacher, she wore a black beret and dressed in light brown sweater material in a one piece "star trek academy" type uniform, and she showed me a big [6' tall by 5' wide] white box with a bunch of Zs in it of various sizes and styles [of the letter Z], they were all dark brown and supposedly flavored like chocolate. I was supposed to pick one or several, strap them to my body and then sleep with them on me, they would help me sleep [because they were "ZZZZZZ..." shaped] and also help me dream. :huh:

That’s certainly one oddball dream you had, I mean chocolate Z’s?! I have seen “I :heart: U” in chocolate before, but never Z’s. Honestly I don’t think chocolate would be the best thing to help someone fall asleep. How did you know who Jenny was? Did she tell you her name or did Dream-you just know instinctively?

I think she was wearing a name tag but in any case, dream me just knew somehow. :idea:
anyways...I just awoke after a bizarre dream where all the roads in my area were gone, replaced with just grassy paths, and these battery-powered creatures resembling a cross between a baby deer and a lamb, were being ridden by these suit-wearing briefcase-toting yuppies racing each other, I was riding one but I was naked and its batteries were depleted, and I had to pick it up and carry it over the steep hill. it was making weak-sounding bleating noises. I comforted it as best i could. when I crested the hill I awoke.

yeh, that's what I said :scratch:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 12:00 am

Claradoon wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Could that be a variation on the rat race? With those baby underpowered animals carrying the yuppie load. No business suit for you, and you carry and comfort your little animal (little animal instinct?). When you reach the top, I wonder what you saw from there. I think it's interesting that the yuppies had no power of their own, but had to ride battery-powered baby animals.

the only thing I can think of, is that even if you "win" the rat race, you're still a rat. :idea: and when I reached the top of the hill, I remained in the dream long enough to see that it was a valley not too much different from real life, as it was geographically where I live in waking life. but it was grassy instead of being a road.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 3:54 am

Well...umm I had a dream that my mother died and I went about my day knowing that but then I found her alive sitting on the toilet, yelling at me like always.

I guess it's the dreams way in telling me that, yeah my mother has been gone to do an overnight shift but unfortunately she'll be back home soon. Sad times.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 9:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

yeh, that's what I said :scratch:

Sometimes our dreams must confound us.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 10:28 am

^^^yeh, especially the one I just awoke from- I dreamt I was in the indeterminate future, mebbe a hundred years or so, a period after much difficulty [world wars and natural disasters] in the world. anyways, the future population had extreme ADHD and the collective attention span of a gnat. I was in somebody's house and they were having me insert these music chips [the size of a present-day SD memory card] into this doohickey in a corner wall, the chip had a flimsy blue fabric-like thing that went into the card slot first, and when i'd insert it, i'd immediately hear snatches of john lennon singing, about a phrase-worth of various songs, bits and pieces of each song, i'd pull that card out and stick in another card and hear a bit from another song, and the young adults and teens in the room were digging the music but I was perplexed a bit as to the brevity of each playback. then I awoke. :huh:

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 2:21 pm

I was staying in a hotel & there were cats everywhere. They were outside & running around the halls. I thought I’ll never be able to catch all these cats before checkout time.