What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 493 of 498 [ 7965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496 ... 498  Next

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2024, 4:58 pm

Here's one I had last night:
My friends or relatives were concerned about a baby they were related to because they hadn't heard from whoever it was who was supposed to be looking after it for a couple of days. I thought I might be in a good position to find something out, as I thought I probably knew the caregivers and that I lived nearer to them than my relatives did. So I went out on my bicycle and rode round the district (which was where my parents used to live). But when I got near one or two of the houses where I thought the caregivers might be, I wasn't so sure I was right, and lacked the confidence to knock on their doors to find anything out, even though I knew one of the occupants very well. I rode back to my parents' house where I lived, going very fast round a corner or two, but I was riding very skilfully and so didn't fall off.
When I arrived back home, I heard an angry male voice demanding to know what I was doing. I was just about to unlock the shed to put my bike away when a young working-class man approached me from the street. I asked him what he meant, and he said he was talking about no.19. I asked him whether he meant house no.19 down the road, and he said yes, and that the problem was my mother was representing the prosecution in a court case against the occupier of that house, who he seemed very anxious to protect. I replied that I couldn't see how my mother could be involved as a prosecutor in any court case because she had no training or qualifications in that kind of thing, being very poorly educated. I was saying that very sincerely and really trying to make him see that whatever the problem was, it was nothing to do with my mother, and that he was barking up the wrong tree.

It probably doesn't count as particularly weird, but it would have been very strange if it had happened in real life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 9:43 pm

^^^your dreams sure have a lot of detail in them, almost as though they are waking recollections of things that happened during the day.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 11:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^your dreams sure have a lot of detail in them, almost as though they are waking recollections of things that happened during the day.

Yes some of them do have an eerie coherence to logic and reality, even though on close inspection it's clear that they couldn't have actually happened. For one thing, in that particular dream I showed a lot more initiative and immediate social intelligence than I'd have had, particularly at that age, which I guess would be about 12 years old. But without that kind of scrutiny it does all string together with the plausibility of a real story.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 11:46 pm

i believe it is still more than mere "neural garbage" as some call dreams.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 3:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Yes they seem to make a little bit too much sense to be just random strings of ideas. Yet nobody to date knows what they're for, or whether there's any point trying to interpret them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 8:28 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes they seem to make a little bit too much sense to be just random strings of ideas. Yet nobody to date knows what they're for, or whether there's any point trying to interpret them.

let me tell you a personal story. i had recurring nightmares in which i was cornered in a dingy dirty loo by either thousands of nasty creepy crawly bugs all over me, or of being trapped in the same dingy dirty loo with all malfunctioning plugs which flooded their resultant stinky feces-laden sewage soaking nostril-high on me. the brain dreams in "puns" because the frontal lobes are largely offline during dreams, we waking humans have to interpret the puns which in my case boiled down to "don't let little $h!+ get to me," or "don't let little things 'bug' me" which used to majorly be the case for me [extreme irritability] when i was young and full of testosterone. i hope this ramble made some sense to you.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 8:49 pm

^
I think it's one of those things that's difficult to prove or disprove. I've noticed puns in my own dreams but I don't know whether they're "intended" or just coincidental. And there aren't very many of them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 12:10 am

if you read back into either this thread or its twin, you will find some remarkable dreams that beggar the imagination.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 4:18 pm

I'd get a few pulling teeth, vomiting or pulling stuff out of mouth dreams, but last one, I'd drempt about someone forcefully sticking fingers down throat to induce vomiting, woke to tears. Apparently its a side affect of major depression recovery, HRT and medication to tackle it.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 7:46 pm

There's more to this dream that I've forgotten. There were catastrophic floods, and we were on an important mission, sailing modified vintage cars (1950s-ish) to our destination. But then we reached the gatehouse of Walmgate Bar in York and got distracted, racing each other as we shot the rapids through the narrow barbican over and over again.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 10:26 pm

^^^that is one detailed dream! :o

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 5:14 pm

i dreamt i was back at work in the hospital but my duty section was non-existent, so i wandered from department to department and saw different peoples talkin' at one another. i tangentially interacted with them from time to time.

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2024, 6:01 pm

Being force fed to eat a black bin bag full of maggots.

Was last nights dream or more like nightmare.That woke me up at 4am.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 11:30 pm

I had another dream that my house was broken into. This time, I ended up shot in the head and came to in a hospital where my vision was changed in such a way that I could look at things and see the atoms if I focused, then zoom out, so to speak, and see things normally again.

This is not the first of the break in dreams, I've had several of them over the last few months. Each time I end up in a hospital, surviving a head wound and having some weird, mutant like ability. I finally figured out why I'm having these dreams though. There's a tree that's branches are now brushing into the side of my house when it's windy out and it woke me up last night, thinking someone was in my house. The damn tree has me thinking burglar in my sleep. Not sure yet why the person is always violent towards me though. Normally b&e people around here, hear you moving around and they run to leave before the cops show up. Hm. At least part of it is figured out anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 6:26 pm

As of many of you here on Wrong Planet, I am an aspiring screenwriter. I also am epileptic, have been epileptic since I was 8. Over the course of time, I have accepted my epilepsy as part of my human essence.

I had a dream where I was nominated for a big writing award. I arrived at the ceremony dressed properly. I then sat at a table and began talking with people in attendance, regardless if they were nominated or not.

The ceremony began and I felt excited along with fear at the same time. I, like everybody else clapped like everyone else after each winner finished acceptance speeches.

My category came and I won. I hugged everyone sitting around me and walked onto the stage with a sense of surrealism in me.

I read my acceptance speech with some funny parts in it. People laughed.
I closed my acceptance speech with an attempt at being funny "Wow, I think I'm going to have a seizure right here and now."

I collapsed onto the floor and I had a seizure on live TV. The majority in attendance immediately expressed concern, confusion, shock, or anything of the sort with a few shouting "Are you okay?"

The dream then cut to me arriving back home getting off at Portland's Amtrak station. Many people welcomed me back and I signed some autographs with some selfies. Some however looked at me and accused me of faking it just for attention.

I answered some questions from TV reporters and journalists. Then, I went to a history museum and handed my trophy over to employees who put it in a safe.

I boarded a public bus and went home feeling happy.

The dream finished and I woke up.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 3:00 pm

i dreamt i was in italy, in a downtown area where several highways/freeways/autostradas intersected clover-leaf style. i was on the sidewalk walking traffic speed by. i watched pedestrians going hither and yon. i noticed the cars were quite different from what i see in amuuurica. lotta smaller cars and notable numbers of european luxury cars.