What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 373 of 498 [ 7965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376 ... 498  Next

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 5:03 am

I had a dream last night that I was with Yogi Bear and some other animals in a grocery store, stealing food to take back to the woods.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^yeh, especially the one I just awoke from- I dreamt I was in the indeterminate future, mebbe a hundred years or so, a period after much difficulty [world wars and natural disasters] in the world. anyways, the future population had extreme ADHD and the collective attention span of a gnat. I was in somebody's house and they were having me insert these music chips [the size of a present-day SD memory card] into this doohickey in a corner wall, the chip had a flimsy blue fabric-like thing that went into the card slot first, and when i'd insert it, i'd immediately hear snatches of john lennon singing, about a phrase-worth of various songs, bits and pieces of each song, i'd pull that card out and stick in another card and hear a bit from another song, and the young adults and teens in the room were digging the music but I was perplexed a bit as to the brevity of each playback. then I awoke. :huh:

Gosh, sounds to me like a plausible future. Goodness knows I have meet many neurotypicals with such short attention spans.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:56 am

I dreamed that my bedroom door broke down and my mom and I went shopping for another one. I also dreamed that there was some kind of play at another school, but they had done the same play the previous one or two years, so some of the students were cynical about it. I think my mom and I went to the school anyway, though.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Dec 2017, 10:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I just awoke after a bizarre dream where all the roads in my area were gone, replaced with just grassy paths, and these battery-powered creatures resembling a cross between a baby deer and a lamb, were being ridden by these suit-wearing briefcase-toting yuppies racing each other, I was riding one but I was naked and its batteries were depleted, and I had to pick it up and carry it over the steep hill. it was making weak-sounding bleating noises. I comforted it as best i could. when I crested the hill I awoke.

Could that be a variation on the rat race? With those baby underpowered animals carrying the yuppie load. No business suit for you, and you carry and comfort your little animal (little animal instinct?). When you reach the top, I wonder what you saw from there. I think it's interesting that the yuppies had no power of their own, but had to ride battery-powered baby animals.

the only thing I can think of, is that even if you "win" the rat race, you're still a rat. :idea: and when I reached the top of the hill, I remained in the dream long enough to see that it was a valley not too much different from real life, as it was geographically where I live in waking life. but it was grassy instead of being a road.

It seems to me that you're surrounded by the rat race but not partaking - both sleeping and waking?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 11:10 pm

Claradoon wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I just awoke after a bizarre dream where all the roads in my area were gone, replaced with just grassy paths, and these battery-powered creatures resembling a cross between a baby deer and a lamb, were being ridden by these suit-wearing briefcase-toting yuppies racing each other, I was riding one but I was naked and its batteries were depleted, and I had to pick it up and carry it over the steep hill. it was making weak-sounding bleating noises. I comforted it as best i could. when I crested the hill I awoke.

Could that be a variation on the rat race? With those baby underpowered animals carrying the yuppie load. No business suit for you, and you carry and comfort your little animal (little animal instinct?). When you reach the top, I wonder what you saw from there. I think it's interesting that the yuppies had no power of their own, but had to ride battery-powered baby animals.

the only thing I can think of, is that even if you "win" the rat race, you're still a rat. :idea: and when I reached the top of the hill, I remained in the dream long enough to see that it was a valley not too much different from real life, as it was geographically where I live in waking life. but it was grassy instead of being a road.

It seems to me that you're surrounded by the rat race but not partaking - both sleeping and waking?

luckily I don't dream of the rat race much these days :D but I am sorta surrounded by it just the same, in terms of people in cars zooming every which way, every time I leave my corner of the sticks to head into civilization for grocery shopping.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 12:00 pm

I dreamed that my mom told me to sweep the space at the bottom of a staircase. I started sweeping the floor, but she told me to sweep only the carpet right at the foot of the staircase instead. I tried my best, but the guy who was supervising me told me I was doing a bad job. Then my mom told me the same, so I was really upset.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 3:29 pm

Webster's dictionary defines the word "dream" as: "Something that fully satisfied a wish".

Tertiary definition

Not just "dream" like sleeping

So.... The "dream" that I could be:
Cisgender white man
Skinny smart handsome, without undue effort

Someone that belonged somewhere

Normal (totally a "dream")

Neurotypical

Socially adept

Respected and accepted

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 9:51 am

I was on a dangerous carnival ride. It was like a seesaw, but with one side plunging into dangerously hot air and the other into cold air. Somehow, I was fine. And the ride was inside a public high school.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 9:48 pm

I was on some sort of a flying bus with a bunch of kids and we flew to a country that at first I thought was Brazil but it was more like somewhere in Africa or maybe India. I said I was worried about us landing there because we didn't come legally with passports or anything, or they might mistake us for terrorists and shoot us down, but everyone seemed to go about their business and didn't even seem to notice us. There was a guy showing a crowd of people a cobra that he was holding in his hand but it got loose and it nearly attacked me. And then it started to get dark and I heard someone say that's when all the baby cobras come out, and sure enough there were little snakes slithering around on the ground and I started to freak out since I know even baby cobras are very dangerous and then I started floating above the ground without touching it so I wouldn't get bitten. Maybe that guy with the adult cobra was a snake charmer-magician and put some kind of a spell on me. :lol:

Of course, I know how Freudian dreams with snakes in them supposedly are, so this is a little awkward. :oops:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 9:25 am

babysnakes :mrgreen:

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 12:22 pm

I dreamed that I was taking some kind of math exam, but other students kept whispering, which upset me, so I asked the teacher if I could go to a quiet room. She reluctantly agreed and took me to an empty room, but then a class entered that room as well.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 3:59 pm

I was working in the patient financial services office, looking for an empty inter office envelope to send a fee ticket back to the doctor. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 1:36 pm

I dreamt I went back in time 3+ decades, and met up with a barracksmate in the army.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 5:15 pm

Not really recent but... I still remember having that dream months ago of Scourge the Hedgehog snapping at me and Rouge the Bat telling me how Sonic's brother, Manic the Hedgehog had got into a fight with Scourge ending up cutting off one of his fingers. Ever since that dream, I can never look at Manic the same again >_< Such a violent individual our Manic is from my system's universe.

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2017, 5:20 pm

Last night I dreamed I was pulled over by the police while riding my motorcycle near Snoqualmie Falls. The officer, who was also on a motorcycle, pulled me over because I slowed down too much before making a right turn into the Salish Lodge parking lot and he had to wait for me. He asked if he could search my bike.

Most of these elements make sense to me, other than the motorcycles. I've never owned or driven one, nor would I. Very vivid, though.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 5:31 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
Not really recent but... I still remember having that dream months ago of Scourge the Hedgehog snapping at me and Rouge the Bat telling me how Sonic's brother, Manic the Hedgehog had got into a fight with Scourge ending up cutting off one of his fingers. Ever since that dream, I can never look at Manic the same again >_< Such a violent individual our Manic is from my system's universe.

Speaking of Sonic the Hedgehog, I had a dream before(not recent.) where I was swinging on ropes off of a tree with Sonic and his friends! It looked like the Lost Jungle area in Sonic Heroes except no alligator was chasing us. We were having fun swinging when I happened to miss the rope I was jumping to and fell. Right when I hit the ground face first, I woke up!

My favorite character is Tails and he was there, he know he could have saved me! ...Tails is mean...

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."