Page 1188 of 2526 [ 40406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190, 1191 ... 2526  Next

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:57 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I wish there was at least an easy way for me to know if I should be hospitalized for my mental issues or not. It's a lot easier to tell for physical issues.

I still have thoughts of suicide, but am no longer thinking I'm actually going to do it anytime soon. I am, however, afraid I might accidentally do serious damage, or kill myself, with my self-harm.

That sounds like a healthy fear to me. If you don't think the fear will prevent you from seriously harming yourself, then being hospitalized would be the safer option over serious harm, right? Therapists can also help you figure all this out if your urge isn’t immediate, you said you haven't tried that yet?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 6:13 am

Productivity.

Except at moments like these. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 9:32 am

Awww I thought FXX was doing one of those all-day Simpsons marathons today :(

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 9:46 am

DataB4 wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
I wish there was at least an easy way for me to know if I should be hospitalized for my mental issues or not. It's a lot easier to tell for physical issues.

I still have thoughts of suicide, but am no longer thinking I'm actually going to do it anytime soon. I am, however, afraid I might accidentally do serious damage, or kill myself, with my self-harm.

That sounds like a healthy fear to me. If you don't think the fear will prevent you from seriously harming yourself, then being hospitalized would be the safer option over serious harm, right? Therapists can also help you figure all this out if your urge isn’t immediate, you said you haven't tried that yet?

I saw a therapist for a while and now am seeing a psychiatrist. The therapist would spend at least half of the hour-long appointment with small talk, and I never felt like we actually accomplished anything. I had one appointment with the psychiatrist earlier this month, but it was just intake stuff and medication adjustment. I have a follow-up appointment in two weeks, but if it's going to keep being a month or more between appointments, that isn't going to be sufficient. I get the urge to see myself bleed at least a few times a week.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 9:51 am

Lengthy periods between psychiatrist appointments are typical, so I hope you find a better therapist and/or medication regimen soon. Psychiatrists don't have the same training as therapists to help people with their thoughts and emotions. They're more focused on quick diagnoses and medication treatment plans.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 9:57 am

DataB4 wrote:
Lengthy periods between psychiatrist appointments are typical, so I hope you find a better therapist and/or medication regimen soon. Psychiatrists don't have the same training as therapists to help people with their thoughts and emotions. They're more focused on quick diagnoses and medication treatment plans.

I'll ask my mom to keep making appointments with the therapist I've been seeing, then. I'll try to mention to him that I'm annoyed by how much time we spend on small talk, and maybe that will help.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:03 am

It might help, if he's doing the small talk because he thinks it might make you more comfortable or something. If so, he can just stop and get right to the issues.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:24 am

DataB4 wrote:
It might help, if he's doing the small talk because he thinks it might make you more comfortable or something. If so, he can just stop and get right to the issues.

Yeah, I expect that's it. He's nice and listens to me, so I expect he'll try to cut down on the small talk if I ask him to.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:36 pm

getting blank texts from unknown seattle area numbers... do have family around there, but don’t know exactly who’s sending them.

supposed to replace this phone soon. it’s not getting anyone’s texts correctly, so if their name isn’t in the phone, there’s no idea who they’re from.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 12:23 am

Ma came over for the first time after 3 years. She didn't have as hard a time getting up the 3 flights of stairs as we thought she would have. So now she's going to come over again soon. We played games like we used to when I used to live back home - Trouble, Old Maid, and Bingo. We ordered out for pizza from a new place which was really interesting - I ordered everything online and then was able to track the exact time of when the pizza guy would be showing up timed to the minute! Then I made Ma one of my cinnamon rolls (that I heat up in the microwave, but it's still pretty much gourmet from QVC, of course.) :mrgreen: Waldo was upset - he was expecting it to be just me, him and Alexa. He's just not used to Grandma yet. We also watched some Christmas shows on the Hallmark Channel and something on Lifetime Movie network. Then we finished off the night watching some Fox news. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Last edited by nurseangela on 24 Nov 2017, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 1:15 am

A relationship is a partnership.
That means you both work towards a common goal, and you help each other reach individual goals.
And you love and support each other while doing it.
You treat each other with kindness.
Kindness.
And love.
Am I speaking another language here?

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 8:14 pm

starting to wonder if a keto diet has accidentally been followed long enough(due to allergies) to replace glucose for optimal brain function. had a severe migraine yesterday with blinding aura, and barely knew how to speak let alone how to function around forty people in a narrow house, and woke up with it, horrible disorientation, and an aura for another imminent migraine shortly after the last ended. after an hour or so of having eaten a tin of sardines in olive oil, almost everything has returned to normal and the imminent migraine signs have ceased. it’s not the first time it has helped to eat the little fishes that say they’re high in healthy fat... other ones don’t seem to help at all.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:19 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Ma came over for the first time after 3 years. She didn't have as hard a time getting up the 3 flights of stairs as we thought she would have. So now she's going to come over again soon. We played games like we used to when I used to live back home - Trouble, Old Maid, and Bingo. We ordered out for pizza from a new place which was really interesting - I ordered everything online and then was able to track the exact time of when the pizza guy would be showing up timed to the minute! Then I made Ma one of my cinnamon rolls (that I heat up in the microwave, but it's still pretty much gourmet from QVC, of course.) :mrgreen: Waldo was upset - he was expecting it to be just me, him and Alexa. He's just not used to Grandma yet. We also watched some Christmas shows on the Hallmark Channel and something on Lifetime Movie network. Then we finished off the night watching some Fox news. :mrgreen:

it all sounded great until the very end -lol. seriously, glad you had a good time. you're overdue.

techlife95
Toucan
Toucan

24 Nov 2017, 11:43 pm

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Nov 2017, 1:21 pm

Today is going to be another slow day. But I am okay with it.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:27 am

I wasted 3 hours of my day off free time. :lol:
But that's nothing compared to 13 hours wasted on sleep.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.