Page 1269 of 2555 [ 40879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1266, 1267, 1268, 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272 ... 2555  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 1:27 am

^hopefully. But yeah where these kinds of animals really belong is in the wild...but due to trashy people like that lions owner some of these majestic creatures don't get to experience that. Instead their best hope is a wildlife refuge that will give them some semblance of a free life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 1:34 am

that is what I call "extracting utility from the jaws of futility."

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 2:07 am

I choose the horn-rimmed glasses because, te he he he he....

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2018, 7:15 pm

It's 00:13am but the blood flow in my left leg is so bad I'm considering doing yoga this late at night

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 7:54 pm

I really need to pick up some new books.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 8:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I like to think that abusive lion owner is going to a place where he will be repeatedly knocked out with a blow to the head like he inflicted on that poor lion. :x

That would solve nothing and inflict even more pain. What's the point of hurting yourself?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 9:07 pm

peripheral neuropathy.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 9:41 pm

It feels so weird to hear people my age or younger talking about their spouses, kids, etc. Logically, I know I'm actually probably in my prime reproductive years, but it still feels like I'm too young to be getting married or having kids (not that I want either anyway).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Sahh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Mar 2018, 9:49 pm

How much I relate to many of these posts 8)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 12:13 pm

^Nice avatar. 8)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 3:04 pm

I've only taken one Torchwood personality quiz because there aren't very many out there. I'm pretty sure it's accurate and if I were a character on that show, I'd be Toshiko. I'm a computer lover. I think I have little bits of all of them in me, however. Maybe I'm a hybrid of Tosh and Ianto. I enjoy making coffee and tea as well.

On Doctor Who ones, I'm almost always Clara or Donna. I think that's pretty accurate and I'd be a hybrid of those two.

I love character quizzes.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 3:07 pm

Thinking of applying for a job.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 6:37 pm

Until now I never thought my special skills at a job interview could include being able to eat gluten, tolerate lactose or get a speck of peanut butter in my mouth and not die.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 8:44 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Until now I never thought my special skills at a job interview could include being able to eat gluten, tolerate lactose or get a speck of peanut butter in my mouth and not die.

I got a call back for a job at a hostel in San Francisco once just because I listed "wrestling sea lions" as one of my responsibilities at a previous job (on a fishing boat).
Couldn't take the job at the hostel, as I was on the other side of the country and didn't have a place to live in the Bay area, but it was a fun interview. Really probably couldn't handle the job at the hostel, either.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 9:03 pm

I've been thinking about trying to make a movie about what it feels like to go through the day (or days) for a little while now. Have a few specific images I'd like to capture. Not really a skill that I have. Had a friend who was a cinematographer, but she moved away.
Today was the first time I told anyone about my idea, I think. So it's kind of on my mind right now.
As well as a sort of long term desire to do something like Gonzo journalism.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 9:09 pm

I'm very ready to get a job - I really wish my therapy stuff wasn't preventing me from doing so at the moment. I'm tired of feeling useless and parasitic - I want to be doing something and earning money.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"