Page 1267 of 2539 [ 40613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1264, 1265, 1266, 1267, 1268, 1269, 1270 ... 2539  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 8:19 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I hope I don't get another stupid call from this stupid number I don't recognize that keeps calling. I picked up yesterday and couldn't understand a word the person on the other line said, except for asking if they could speak to me(sounded like telemarketing call center or something though) so I hung up.

Then today I had my alarm set to wake me up at around 9:30 so of course they call me at freaking 8 in the morning before I wanted to get up of course I didn't answer it because I was half asleep and wanted to continue sleeping in until 9:30. I called back after I got up because this is like the 3rd time they've called and I was trying to see who the hell it is. But it didn't say what company or anything just said 'this call will be recorded for quality assurance' or something and directed me to a person I could not understand so didn't know what else to do aside from hang up on them.

And trying to look up the number online to see who it belongs to is completely useless, its like you have to pay to even get so much as an individual or company name as to who is calling you.

Be careful.
I've heard some will call just to get you to call back so you can then be charged an exhorbitant call rate, and they will try to keep you on the phone as long as possible.
Keep an eye on your charges.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 8:21 pm

I feel premature senility encroaching... :skull:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 11:10 pm

I feel like I'm about to have a huge rage attack and I'm going to smash and wreck everything in my apartment because I'm so sick of the curbies and anti-vaxxers with their smug and superior attitudes thinking they must save us from our terrible affliction. And that it's their destiny like the world police or imaginary superheroes they think they are to tell everyone that vaccinations are eeeevil and autism is worse than pertussis or whooping cough or even freaking smallpox!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 6:12 am

That whatever I do, someone is going to interpret my words and/or behaviour in a way that was not intended.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 11:59 am

^I've been thinking of the same.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 12:49 pm

I wanted to see my friend today but I don't think it is going to happen. I guess I'll just work on my art and mess around with Paint some more.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 8:15 pm

Really feeling the discordance between my actual body and the body it feels like I should have. Everything feels wrong.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 3:12 am

am wondering if my anti-cholesterol meds are making me incontinent. :oops:

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2018, 4:08 am

Raleigh wrote:
That whatever I do, someone is going to interpret my words and/or behaviour in a way that was not intended.

That's life Raleigh. We all can have some dysfunctional quality. We have to look past all of our dysfunctional qualities to look at our functional qualities focusing on the functional to not worry about that someone who is interpreting you differently, so that you get the interpretation you want. Alright. All of this pantomiming about how functional or dysfunctional we can be or look or feel or act is never going to help us find happiness in our life. I can be over-dramatic about my problems as well and still am trying to recuperate with all of the problems I am facing.

You gotta overlook humiliation to get through life, because humiliation will always show up unexpectedly.

:lol:

I got another fear to overcome which is not worrying about the responses I get from replying to comments like that or even no response. I've also faced when I started trying to help others that I end up setting myself back.

Last edited by ZZZTired on 01 Mar 2018, 4:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 4:09 am

auntblabby wrote:

how does one detect encroaching senility?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 4:34 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

for starters- increases in the number of "senior moments" in a given amount of time. losing control over sphincter functions. getting lost in the cobwebby corridors of one's own mind. anxiety due to not knowing what important things one is forgetting about, which is the worst kind of anxiety. the hard-won [too GD late to help me] lessons this old phart wishes to impart on all the young gassers, is to take seriously proper and prophylactic care of one's body and mind while young enough to forstall permanent damage.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:01 pm

I wish I could change my username to CanadaGermany and be done with it.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 3:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

for starters- increases in the number of "senior moments" in a given amount of time. losing control over sphincter functions. getting lost in the cobwebby corridors of one's own mind. anxiety due to not knowing what important things one is forgetting about, which is the worst kind of anxiety. the hard-won [too GD late to help me] lessons this old phart wishes to impart on all the young gassers, is to take seriously proper and prophylactic care of one's body and mind while young enough to forstall permanent damage.

forgetting why you went into a room and trouble finding the exact word are normal aging changes and not indicative of dementia. incontinence is a whole separate problem, probably not related to dementia unless the dementia is quite advanced, which is obviously not your case. you should see a doc. to deal with my aging brain, i keep a calendar and lists.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 6:25 pm

I am anticipating the start of a student event at my school {which is where I am now} that will begin in approximately thirty minutes from now.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 8:18 pm

cathylynn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

forgetting why you went into a room and trouble finding the exact word are normal aging changes and not indicative of dementia. incontinence is a whole separate problem, probably not related to dementia unless the dementia is quite advanced, which is obviously not your case. you should see a doc. to deal with my aging brain, i keep a calendar and lists.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/are- ... continence

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 8:21 pm

I wish I was as smart as Cathylynn about medicine.....