Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate! 56%  56%  [ 20 ]
Vanilla. 44%  44%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 36

Exhumed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2011, 5:21 am

What kind of ice cream do you prefer, chocolate or vanilla? Don't try to be clever and say "Rocky Road" because there's no poll option for that.

My theory is that "vanilla" can be used as a synonym for "bland" for a good reason. People who prefer vanilla to chocolate are boring, tame people. The quiet Christian girl I who constantly asks "Will this be on the final?" during class, the person who shamelessly watches American Idol and Jersey Shore, the person who loves The Fray and Coldplay.

"So anyone who disagrees with your taste in music and TV shows is bland??!"

Yes, you vanilla lover you. To an extent, I think there is such a thing as objectively bad taste. There are certainly bland chord progressions and crappy TV shows. Liking The Fray doesn't make you boring, but if your other favorite artist is Taylor Swift, you're probably a bland person. Bland =/= mainstream, bland is bland.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with the "bland" assessment, my goal is to see if personality correlates to preference of chocolate or vanilla. :D If you don't like ice cream, mention it in your post and say that you're voting for candy bars or something. Post a little about yourself too, and whether or not you consider yourself a bland or low-key type of person.

P.S. I've actually seen people who prefer vanilla get angry upon hearing my theory, as if it were a racial issue. :lol:

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 5:26 am

I like both flavors, but I chose vanilla because I enjoy it slightly better than chocolate. I really love vanilla with chocolate syrup, though. :)

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 5:49 am

Yes, vanilla goes better with a larger variety of toppings.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 5:53 am

I said chocolate. But if you get a proper vanilla ice cream, rich and creamy with proper vanilla from the pod, well that's beautiful.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 6:20 am

I like chocolate for one week of the month and than vanilla the rest of the month.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 6:37 am

In themselves I prefer chocolate, but vanilla is better to put toppings on.
Vanilla icecream with Milo is delicious.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 11:40 am

It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I prefer vanilla, other times I prefer chocolate.

I am a Christian, and I do watch American Idol, but I only watch it in order to spend time with my parents because that's how they choose to spend time after coming home from work.

The TV programmes I actually enjoy watching are Doctor Who, Adventure Time, 1000 Ways to Die, MANswers, The Smoking Gun Presents World's Dumbest..., The Soup, Tosh.0, Monsters Inside Me, and Killer Outbreak.

I like listening to eurodance music, especially songs that come from Scandinavia. I have no idea what they're singing about, but it's fun to exercise to and that's all that matters. I also like modern American hip-hop music, because it's starting to become more and more influenced by eurodance.

So am I bland?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 11:44 am

It really depends on the day more than anything and on my mood. Sometimes I'll go for chocolate, other times I'll go for vanilla (sometimes as a '99').

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 12:23 pm

I prefer chocolate. By the way, my favorite place to get ice cream is Baskin Robbins.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 12:28 pm

If nothing better (like Butter Pecan) is available, I will avoid the constipation caused by chocolate and take Vanilla.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 5:46 am

I love the fact that my vote made the poll exactly 50% vanilla and 50% chocolate. Like other posters I like the versatility of vanilla. I personally add exactly the amount of cocoa powder to it for my mood when I feel like chocolate. That way it isn't too sweet. Vanilla is actually a very exotic flavor derived from an orchid. Its flavor is subtle. I have heard a theory that the companies that make ice cream put better ingredients into vanilla ice cream than chocolate, because chocolate can cover up inferior ingredients.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 5:57 am

Chocolate. When it comes to ice-cream I would always chose chocolate over vanilla. I have no idea if I'm bland or not :shrug: I generally don't like labeling like that. I just love chocolate ice-cream :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 6:40 am

Looking at the punctuation in the poll I know what the OP wants us to vote for :wink:

chinatown
Toucan
Toucan

24 Apr 2011, 6:57 am

I feel like imitating Moog and saying "I like glue!"

But I actually like Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 9:16 am

I said chocolate - but I prefer chocolate and vanilla. Greedy, I know.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 11:46 am

Vanilla. It goes with everything.