Page 7 of 2549 [ 40782 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 2549  Next

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 6:09 am

EgyptianCat wrote:

Yeah, they put them to sleep. A part of me feels guilty... -hugs-

Well, it clearly wasn't your fault, so try not to feel as though it was. Having said that, I am familiar with that awful sensation of feeling guilty about anything and everything, even if it wasn't my fault. I fail at taking my own advice.

EgyptianCat wrote:
I'll be grateful that I have a home, I'll never be ungrateful again, not even the slightest bit.
If I get a hug for Christmas instead of a present, I'll be the happiest boy alive.
Before that I was grateful for most things, but was still a little ungrateful for some things, now ever since that day at the airport, I haven't been a bit ungrateful~

That's the way I feel about everything, too. I am always amazed to hear people moan and complain about things that I am incredibly grateful for. "These taps are awful; they aren't mixer taps." Heck, I am grateful to have running water at all! "The shower doesn't work; there's only a bath." Hey, a bath is better than no water at all! "This cheap food sucks. How can you live off this crap?" Em, well, I am just grateful to be able to buy food at all, and not have to sift through dustbins. :roll: Edit: I've never had to do that, though there was this one time when I went out to pick nettles to make nettle soup! :lol: Fail fail fail. Nettles apparently come complete with a million spiders and flies as added seasoning. :lol:

EgyptianCat wrote:
Yeah, we were all young once

LO!L EgyptianCat, at 17 you are still young compared to me. I know you aren't young compared to a ten-year-old, but you are young compared to a lot of us here. You can be forgiven for not yet knowing about stuff that some people take a lifetime to learn!

EgyptianCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 6:31 am

all_white wrote:
Well, it clearly wasn't your fault, so try not to feel as though it was. Having said that, I am familiar with that awful sensation of feeling guilty about anything and everything, even if it wasn't my fault. I fail at taking my own advice.

Okay, I'll try just for you~
I give a lot of advice too and fail to follow it myself (:

all_white wrote:
That's the way I feel about everything, too. I am always amazed to hear people moan and complain about things that I am incredibly grateful for. "These taps are awful; they aren't mixer taps." Heck, I am grateful to have running water at all! "The shower doesn't work; there's only a bath." Hey, a bath is better than no water at all! "This cheap food sucks. How can you live off this crap?" Em, well, I am just grateful to be able to buy food at all, and not have to sift through dustbins. :roll: Edit: I've never had to do that, though there was this one time when I went out to pick nettles to make nettle soup! :lol: Fail fail fail. Nettles apparently come complete with a million spiders and flies as added seasoning. :lol:

I remember my friend complained about the water not being filtered, I said to him, "Well, it's better then not having any water at all"
Actually, the water I have is probably worst then what you have :lol:
When I we got to our new home, I was told I wasn't allowed to drink from the taps.
I soon found out why, apparently the tank where our water comes from has too much Vitamin D, meaning if we drink it, we'll get kidney stones.
But we just buy this jug and fill it up with the tap water and it filters it, so I'm happy with that, because it puts us in the habit of putting the water in the fridge for later use so we can drink it. Besides cold water is always good~ (:

all_white wrote:
LO!L EgyptianCat, at 17 you are still young compared to me. I know you aren't young compared to a ten-year-old, but you are young compared to a lot of us here. You can be forgiven for not yet knowing about stuff that some people take a lifetime to learn!

I sounded silly there, didn't I? :oops:
Let me fit in with the adults here, I want to fit in too :oops:
But you're still young as well, all_white. I believe people aren't old until they reach the age of 60 (:
Lili (Someone I look up to) she is 53 years old and looks 30 years old. She is a very beautiful woman.
Also my best friend, very weird I know, but she is such a nice person, I don't think age matters when it comes to friendship :).

You don't think that you're old, do you? ):

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 6:48 am

Well, I am old relatively speaking. Compared to you, I am old. But compared to a sixty-year-old, I am young, yes. It just depends. :shrug:

EgyptianCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 6:56 am

all_white wrote:
Well, I am old relatively speaking. Compared to you, I am old. But compared to a sixty-year-old, I am young, yes. It just depends. :shrug:

all_white is young, la, la, la, la, la~
You're not that old (:
I know you must feel bad about your age.

Actually let me tell you something.
My teacher 小兰王 (Xiao Lan Wang) taught me that in Western cultures when you ask someone their age (Generally someone older then you) they get insulted thinking that you're calling them old.

In Chinese culture when you ask someone their age, they think of it as a compliment because you're acknowledging their experience.
You're basically saying that they're wise (:

Even if you are old, be proud of it. It shows that you're a very wise person and experienced.
But I still think you're young, nothing will change my mind~ ^^

Edit: Actually, have you seen a picture of me yet? If you haven't I'll send you in a PM~

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:07 am

EgyptianCat wrote:

all_white is young, la, la, la, la, la~
You're not that old (:
I know you must feel bad about your age.

LOL you make me laugh, young man!

I am not nearly as devastated about being "old" as you appear to think. Don't be too sad for me. :wink:

Yes, I have seen a picture of you! You look really friendly and nice.

I doubt you will have seen a picture of me because my pics don't last long. I post them and then remove them in double-quick time!

Maybe we should consider continuing this conversation via PM now. Whilst I'm glad to have a new friend who likes chatting as much as I do, we seem to be monopolising the thread, (edit: oops, sorry. Another hard word. That means "taking control of the thread" ) and might be putting other people off from posting here. :oops:

Last edited by all_white on 15 May 2011, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

EgyptianCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:15 am

all_white wrote:
LOL you make me laugh, young man!

I am not nearly as devastated about being "old" as you appear to think. Don't be too sad for me. :wink:

Yes, I have seen a picture of you! You look really friendly and nice.

I doubt you will have seen a picture of me because my pics don't last long. I post them and then remove them in double-quick time!

Maybe we should consider continuing this conversation via PM now. Whilst I'm glad to have a new friend who likes chatting as much as I do, we seem to be monopolising the thread, and might be putting other people off from posting here. :oops:

Thank you ^^

I generally do that too, my picture will probably be removed by time tomorrow. I would have removed it sooner but for some reason I feel more confident about having it up longer on these forums.

You're probably right, I noticed the absence of the other members too :oops:
We're chatter boxes, hahas :lol:
It's just too much for everyone~ :bounce:

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:17 am

Well it's better than just talking to myself like I had to do on the other thread. Remember the bit that made you laugh, where I played Truth or Dare with myself?

Tee hee!

Right, we'd better stop now! Otherwise this thread will be un-stickied and re-named "the all_white and EgyptianCat Monopoly," and people will hate us. :oops:

Anyone else please feel free to join in! We're switching to PM!

:lol:

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:25 am

Well, I shall restore a little more variation :)
How is everyone today?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:27 am

I'm not feeling myself today. :scratch:

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:27 am

Really...I was a bit like that yesterday.

EgyptianCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:28 am

TenPencePiece wrote:
Well, I shall restore a little more variation :)
How is everyone today?

I was afraid someone wouldn't be able restore this thread after us having a full on conversation with each other, hahas~
I won't reply after this, I just had to reply (I'm risking destroying this thread, I hope I didn't just do that just now...)

Edit: really I do speak too much don't I?
I just couldn't help replying.
For all_white's thread's sake, I must not reply after this until more people reply again.
Don't reply, don't reply... There is many other threads to reply to :bounce:

Last edited by EgyptianCat on 15 May 2011, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:30 am

Well nobody said you can't have a full on conversation with each other in this thread, right? :)

EgyptianCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:32 am

TenPencePiece wrote:
Well nobody said you can't have a full on conversation with each other in this thread, right? :)

Well, no, but still, was awfully silent when we were speaking to each other. It looked very hard for people to pop in and say something after all.
I'm pretty sure all_white want's people to talk on this thread still, and I agree with her, I want people to still speak on this as well :)

Edit: No! Not again! Sorry, sorry, sorry.
I won't even look at this thread for 2 days, I promise!! !~

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:34 am

EgyptianCat wrote:
... I must not reply after this until more people reply again.
Don't reply, don't reply... There is many other threads to reply to :bounce:

Chat away! Don't feel inhibited. We all like to chat sometimes and get into a good long conversation. It is good! :thumleft:

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:34 am

True, but not everybody would have been online in that period, which was quite short after all.
In any case, it's starting to rain :(

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 7:37 am

TallyMan wrote:
I'm not feeling myself today. :scratch:

What's wrong, TallyMan?

:cry:

Are you still trying to track down that trophy?

EgyptianCat wrote:
Don't reply, don't reply... There is many other threads to reply to

But none of them are as good as ours! :thumleft:

Don't worry about writing too much! That's what this thread is for! It's perfectly OK for you to post here all you want, as long as you and I don't monopolise it too much and make people feel left out, that's all. We can always have our own conversations by PM. :wink: