Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:45 am

What wheeled vehicle(s) do you own and drive or ride?

Cars, trucks, motorcycles, scooters, bicycles and others are all interesting.

I'll get started, with my 1997 Isuzu Hombre trucklet.

It's small, but it works hard, and cost only $950 US in late 2019. I am unreasonably fond of this wee beastie, and have found it to be of great value to us, in our regular projects around the very small town in Northern Nevada in which we live.

I do all of my own repairs, maintenance and upgrades on this truck.

Darron

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:04 am

I have a little Mitsubishi and a few bicycles. Actually at the moment have another little Mitsubishi which my nephew is planning on using when he gets his licence etc. He is hoping to pass his test when his provisional licence comes through. Exciting times for him and one of his sisters who is also learning to drive. The other Mitsubishi I have will need a bit of work and a few parts, but it is an excellent beginnefs car as it is cheap to insure.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:09 am

I usually just drive people up the wall. :P Nowadays a car and two small aircraft, one single seater, the other two seater which I'm trying to sell. Used to have motorbikes, my favourite was the Kawasaki Z1300, a 6 cylinder beast of a bike. I can also drive a farm tractor and have a bicycle doing nothing in the garage which looks at me accusingly every time I go in there.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 8:32 pm

I used to drive a 2004 Honda Civic and then I sold it.

No car

I used to ride a giant Rincon bike

Not anymore

My Pigpen is pretty convenient to public transportation and I am paranoid of running over a pedestrian. Driving makes me anxious and it's not worth the (cost benefit analysis)

My minimum wage job doesn't pay enough for a car

Gas prices skyrocketing

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 9:16 pm

2003 Chevy S-10.Dependable small truck.John Deere riding mower.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:40 pm

I ride buses as I care for the environment. I call them pea pods.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:13 pm

I have an '06 Civic. I'll probably get an FR-S, a Fit or another Civic to replace it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:28 pm

What do I drive / ride?

Not something with the antigravity lifters I'd like to have for bypassing traffic jams.

But then again, employing them might draw what we'll term inconvenient attention from the regional Air Force base.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:33 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
What do I drive / ride?

Not something with the antigravity lifters I'd like to have for bypassing traffic jams.

But then again, employing them might draw what we'll term inconvenient attention from the regional Air Force base.

Just stay within a few hundred feet of the earth, they'll never detect you. It's still the main way most military aircraft try to avoid detection, use your terrain following radar to fly nap of the earth as close to treetop height as possible.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 1:29 am

a '97 honda CRV. still has only 80k miles on it. as solid and rattle-free as it was new when my folks bought it in april 1997. there is a possibility i will be able to take possession of a 2006 honda CRV lx that belonged to my sister. it only has about 60k miles on it. i hope the combo of these vehicles will last me the rest of my life, however long that may be.

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2022, 1:41 am

A battered Nissan Hardbody pickup. 99 model with almost 300k kms on the clock. Though at the moment I only drive it at times I know there are no police around. I have not managed to pay it's licence since mid 2018!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 2:11 am

^^^i hope you can get that rectified soon.

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2022, 2:38 am

^seems unlikely. It's got to be such a large amount now it's difficult to imagine how. Anyway, my partner has a vehicle so we are not completely stuck.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 2:40 am

ThisTimelessMoment wrote:
^seems unlikely. It's got to be such a large amount now it's difficult to imagine how. Anyway, my partner has a vehicle so we are not completely stuck.

i guess i have trouble understanding how they can charge you for all the years since the last time, even here in mercenary amuuurica they don't do that.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 4:09 am

Misslizard wrote:
2003 Chevy S-10.Dependable small truck.John Deere riding mower.

Forgot to mention that we have a John Deere 655 which was my Dads. Mowing deck saw better days but has a 3 point linkage with a PTO and (If brother friend didn't wreck the control box via a colision with a borrowed mini digger) it had a control for a front bucket. Has switcabale four wheel drive and differential lock and a 3 cylinder diesel engine upgraded to 18hp. Pulled busses and lorries that were stuck at steep angles in ditches out and the drivers could not believe it could do it as it is only a small little thing though it is heavy for its size. They don't make them any more like that as John Deere decided for their smaller machines that were imported into the UK to have Spannish built machines instead which are more like ordinary ride on mowers than compact trctors. All of my neighbours have them and while they are still good little things, they are nothing like the one we have. They are just dedicated grass cutters and to be honest, if one wants a dedicated grass cutter from John Deere go for the ones with the cutting decks on the front, as the front decked ones can turn their decks incredibly sharply. Our John Deere can brake each rear wheel individually (Which the new ones can't) if required for ultra sharp corners but one will likely leave a skid mark in the grass even in two wheel drive mode. Two wheel drive mode is better for turning sharp corners. The amazing thing is that it can do everything a larger tractor can do but in a compact size though one needs to select which equipment to use if one wants to buy it as it is 18 hp so one needs to buy equipment suitable for smaller tractors (Used to be 16hp in its standard factory form). Thry even made a caterpiller tracked version of this little machine which is identical except in it has caterpiller tracks and obviously different steering etc.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 4:30 am

A 2004 Toyota Camry with 247k miles on it.