Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1037 of 2001 [ 32003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040 ... 2001  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 8:45 pm

Trying to edit a webpage and there's a one-pixel-wide white line along the edge of one element and I can't figure out (in the rat's nest of this site's code) where it's coming from. :evil:

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 10:44 pm

Darmok wrote:
Trying to edit a webpage and there's a one-pixel-wide white line along the edge of one element and I can't figure out (in the rat's nest of this site's code) where it's coming from. :evil:

I found it!

There Are Four Lights!

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 8:34 am

Lack of empathy of certain NT's around me.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 8:45 am

I'm really tired of how NTs "speak in code" -- by which I mean they don't say what they fully mean, and expect you to extrapolate the real meaning or the question they are asking, hidden in something they said.

I know enough to get a vague idea that they have just done this, but not enough to catch it RIGHT AWAY and be able to respond with what they were fishing for.

I just know there was "fishing" but my processing is so slow that it's only later, sometimes hours, days, or even longer, after having ruminated over the conversation and had to take it apart like car parts to find out what was making the rattling noise, finally the "penny drops" and I realize what that person was actually asking or saying.

It always seems to come in the form of a statement that seems like a non sequitur to my mind. But the seemingly out-of-the-blue remark carries an inherent question, except that they don't just ASK THAT QUESTION or ask for clarification.

And I don't even think to ask for clarification from them precisely because my processing is so slow that I don't instantly fully recognize that I need to.

Example "I saw you talking to her yesterday" and I later realized the person was also wanting to know "What was that about?" But when she just said "I saw you talking to her yesterday" I didn't know what she was getting at and I just said yes. :?

We were both left confused. And this happens throughout a conversation.

Why can't someone just say the whole, full thing they are "getting at" instead of make a half-remark and expect to you to fill in the blanks, understand instantly where they are going with this, and make your reply based on this telepathic BS?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 9:42 am

It is raining outside and I have to go out in a few minutes.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Sep 2017, 9:45 am

Bronchitis. I'm so damnably weak.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 1:13 pm

Got a horrible case of bronchiosauriasis.

My neck has become sore, scaly, green, and twice as long as my body.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 2:22 pm

I have work in one hour.

People give retail jobs a lot of crap, and I must say it is not undeserved. Soon I will start looking for a new job, I can't wait for that day when this can happen:

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 11:31 am

i have a cold.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:30 pm

I’m having a very bad cough to all the dust. The sun in my living room windows & my kitchen sliding door are TOOO BRIGHT for me, causing soooo many problems. I really hate living here!!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:59 pm

The gf had a seizure yesterday and had to go to the hospital. :cry:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 3:18 pm

My routine was derailed by power outage.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 5:07 pm

My back feels tender, and having problems sitting up straight. I've started working out again, so that will help as long as I keep doing it.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 8:13 pm

I bought four used video games and two of them didn't work.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 9:54 am

anxiety.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 10:39 am

Lurking below a general good mood that's lasted a few days, I'm having serious jittery/thoughts-flying-everywhere moments due to a very slight increase in my contact with others outside of the family. It's an extremely positive change for me, but I can't stop my heart from racing like a maniac when my mind starts dredging up every time in the past decade or so I've managed to embarrass myself.