Page 4 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 4:17 am

^^^what dat? anyways, the display in my pic was the work window of iZotope Rx5 sound editor spectrographic display of the sound data, left to right is time axis, up/down is frequency from bass to treble. the clouded light colored area in the upper half is a edit point, where the user told the program to remove the frequencies in the oval. these types of spectral edits are done to remove extraneous noises like coughs or chair squeaks or car horns/sirens that can be heard in the recording venue when the recording was made.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 4:22 am

so you use that program or you just know w it works? i couldn't see myself being able to... :drunken:

my program is the Gnu Image Manipulation Program that i've been acquainting myself with.
used today to paste googly eyes on things.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 4:24 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
so you use that program or you just know w it works? i couldn't see myself being able to... :drunken: my program is the Gnu Image Manipulation Program that i've been acquainting myself with.
used today to paste googly eyes on things.

I am sure you could learn how to use it pronto, you are younger and quicker than me. :thumleft: I found GIMP to be impenetrably complex compared to the visual sound editors such as iZotopeRx that I've been using for several years. that is my hobby, the restoration/repair/reconstruction of damaged audio.

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

07 Nov 2015, 10:44 pm

I've been procrastinating a lot these last few days, messing around with CSS.
Was tired of the default WP look and needed something to procrastinate with, so...

Basically a clean and dark theme/style for WP.
I'll probably upload it to userstyles for anyone to use if I ever get around to finishing it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2015, 12:10 am

^^^ :thumright: I like :thumleft:

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2015, 3:16 am

And here's stuff I've been doing recently:

Cubes (or "cubes" for two of them, with sarcastic quotes) in various states of being solved, as I learn more about them. The one on the left is a Megaminx, which I"ve done before; right now it's my favorite of the various cubes that I have. The very final bit is still kinda confusing to me. The middle one is a normal 5x5x5, not quite done with my first go at it, but I'm getting a good understanding of it. The horrible exploded jagged mess on the right is a Windmill Cube. It is a perfect cube shape when solved. When not solved, it is.... whatever the heck that is. It's the hardest of the group so far. I'd actually nearly finished it before, and then made ONE freaking mistake and couldnt remember HOW I made it, and then accidentally turned one section incorrectly, followed by accidentally turning another incorrectly (the thing turns SO smoothly that it's actually hard to control), which basically imploded it and I re-scrambled it and will start over. I will conquer it yet.

I have 4 other "cubes", including the normal 3x3 that everyone everywhere has seen (it's not a Rubik's brand though) but these are the ones I'm focusing on right now. I've got about 8 more of these things coming in the mail in a couple of days, one of which will look like another exploded mess.

I dont memorize 10 bazillion algorithms to do these, either. I memorized exactly two. Dont need more. I prefer to do these with logic and thinking rather than memorizing a bazillion possible situations and the algorithms that are to be applied to those situations. I cant do the "speed" stuff yet anyway because my arm is still kinda screwed up.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 2:16 am

SerOrange wrote:
I've been procrastinating a lot these last few days, messing around with CSS.
Was tired of the default WP look and needed something to procrastinate with, so...

Basically a clean and dark theme/style for WP.
I'll probably upload it to userstyles for anyone to use if I ever get around to finishing it.

ooh...shiny badge...

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 2:40 am

the ONLY consumer-priced digital hum AND buzz eliminator :thumright:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 3:25 am

*imagines himself operating one of those programs....fails*

i will stick to urban sprawl. 8)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 3:47 am

^^^wow :o that's quite a map you printed and assembled :wtg:

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 11:59 am

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 5:38 pm

how phonograph recordings were made back in the day, on a Neumann vms-70 phonographic cutting lathe.

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2015, 4:36 am

I used to have a Rekocut lathe similar to this one but stereophonic.
Also a monaural multi-speed Wilcox Recordio (with detachable reel-to-reel deck).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 4:44 am

Rockymtchris wrote:
I used to have a Rekocut lathe similar to this one but stereophonic.
Also a monaural multi-speed Wilcox Recordio (with detachable reel-to-reel deck).

please do tell more about your experiences using these products :)

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2015, 5:04 am

Not a lot as blank discs were virtually non-existent by the time I purchased those at auctions. I remember trying to lay music off an obscure 8 track tape onto a makeshift disc on the Rekocut, but it sounded worse than the tape when I played it back. I experimented with the backside of a one-sided 7" vinyl and also a homemade disc formed from woodglue.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 5:22 am

Rockymtchris wrote:
Not a lot as blank discs were virtually non-existent by the time I purchased those at auctions. I remember trying to lay music off an obscure 8 track tape onto a makeshift disc on the Rekocut, but it sounded worse than the tape when I played it back. I experimented with the backside of a one-sided 7" vinyl and also a homemade disc formed from woodglue.

it seems the lions' share of the engineers who could extract the most music out of this format probably are in the elysian fields by now. it was, as they say, a "black art." there are still talented phono lathe engineers now but they are rare.