Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

lunarious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2011, 5:38 am

In Gods Name

Have you noticed?
This life has done nothking for anyone of us (I am sure me is one) in means of satisfying the soul.
I have gotten things done for me, but they were all for satisfying the "body".
This world is purely materialistic and of course idealism is not really possible.
But there should be a middle solution ...

Peace

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 6:42 am

Life has done wonderful things for me, and I'm very happy to be alive. I'm glad that Autism Speaks wan't around when my mum was pregnant. If they were, I wouldn't be here. I'd rather be alive and autistic, than an abortion statistic. Autism is not a death sentence. This year has been one of my better years as well, and that's why I'm happy to be alive. God has done plenty for me and I'll keep on believing in him. :)

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2011, 8:39 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Life has done wonderful things for me, and I'm very happy to be alive. I'm glad that Autism Speaks wan't around when my mum was pregnant. If they were, I wouldn't be here. I'd rather be alive and autistic, than an abortion statistic. Autism is not a death sentence. This year has been one of my better years as well, and that's why I'm happy to be alive. God has done plenty for me and I'll keep on believing in him. :)

Reading this gives me motivation...

Catperson
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2011, 12:48 pm

I'm glad aborption was morally wrong in my country when my mum was pregnant...

but that's another story.....

dontslowmedown
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 12:56 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
God has done plenty for me and I'll keep on believing in him. :)

In a sense ive always been like that too, ive always accepted what i have and been happy. I've never truly been unhappy in my life. Even when things were happening, things were going wrong, how can you complain when you consider how nice it is to be alive and how lucky i am really? I've encountered people that have had it a lot worse than me and they're still smiling.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

God has shown my family and me an incredible amount of mercy. Even though my family and I have been through a lot of rough times - both as a whole and as inidividuals - things have never reached "worst case scenario", and for that I am very thankful. My family and I also get blessed a lot, in both big and small ways. Non-believers would say we are very lucky people, but I know the truth - that God sees fit to give us gifts. Additionally, ever since last year, my family and I have been experiencing a "time of rest" - life has been relatively easy for us and nothing too awfully bad has happened. I am very thankful for this too, and when the next life crisis occurs, I will hold tight to my faith because I know that He will never put on me more than I can handle. I am always amazed at how God is so gracious to me, when I feel like all I do is live in sin. Our God truly is an awesome God.

lunarious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2011, 1:19 pm

Thanks everyone

And to my sister IdahoRose. You life me up. Beautiful words ... It is our problem that we have chosen to best God for our God? Damnit :D! My eyes are a little wet now ... Hrr!

Peace