Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

SilentBedlam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2006, 1:57 pm

Does anyone else have an odd habit of walking around almost exclusively barefooted?

Except for when I leave the house going further than the road, and just occasionally not, I'll go out with nothing on my feet. Especially in the garden, I come in, the soles of my feet black from walking in earth.

Does anyone else have particularly thick skinned soles (whatever one of those is) that let them walk on gravel without pain?

Just curious.

There is nothing about these perplexing and morally insensitive humans that cannot be solved with the aid of a heavy machine gun.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 1:59 pm

No, my feet are too sensitive to walk around barefoot. I hate the feel of carpet and cold linoleum on my feet. I also can't stand it when my toes are dry and they're rubbing each other. Except when I'm in the shower, I always wear socks and slippers/shoes.

Also, why doesn't this topic have a poll in it? Don't you know that every topic needs a poll?

Last edited by werbert on 09 Oct 2006, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 2:16 pm

Nope. Too much sensory activity down there. I also don't feel quite right without something on...like I'm not fully dressed.

As for the poll on this, Werbert, excellent idea. You're hired. Thread with poll upcoming.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 4:49 pm

Grrrr i love walking barefoot on gravel, it's something i miss(now that i'm banned from walking barefooted) wet grass is nice as well, and any type of soil.

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 5:03 pm

I used to alot when I was like 14. Not anymore though.

lizmcg
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2006, 6:03 pm

I go barefoot whenever I'm at home, ever since I lived in Taiwan for 4 years back in the 70s (heavy Japanese influence there from before WWII). It keeps the house much cleaner and just feels good. If it's too cold in the winter, I wear socks or something. I just wish I could get other people to take off their shoes in my house, but they're too culture bound, so I've given up.

My daughter, who was under my influence and also spent her formative years in Hawaii and Okinawa, goes barefoot more than I do, even outside. I can do that on sand, but otherwise, either it hurts too much (gravel and sharp tree seeds, etc.) or I think about all the nasty organisms that are in the soil. I edit microbiology books and articles, and there's a lot of stuff out there waiting for a way into your body. Ugh. I also don't like to have dirty feet for some reason--muddy or dusty, I mean. I do wear sandals rather than shoes, though, as long as it's warm enough.

Wake up, America, and smell the dictatorship!

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 11:13 am

My feet either get too cold, or in summer, too sweaty (we have lino on our floor, and then my feet get bits stuck to them, and I can't stand it ... ) Though I like being barefoot on the grass, as long as there aren't any sharp bits :P

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 12:12 pm

i know what u mean about sticky bits on lino floor >_<

during the summer alot of the time i walk around the house without socks, but i only ever go barefoot outside on something soft and non-dirty like grass at 5 in the morning :D

Rhisiart_Steffan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 12:49 pm

barefoot rules!

Pharmacy Techican is not the pharmacist

ryansjoy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2006, 6:32 pm

i can not stand bare feet on me. it creeps me out to no end if I am barefoot on a carpet.. I am so wigged out that i must MUST wear sock and slippers all the time.. I wear socks to bed.. I am never barefoot! and if you touch me with your barefeet I can be sound asleep at night and i wake up like my place is on fire.. I can say that I can almost vomit if you touch me with bare feet.. very easy to tell that I don't have a foot fetish! and I could never be with a man who has one.. but there is a big price to pay with never being bare foot.. your feet tend to be gross.. looking that is.. i don't wear sandals that much in the summer.. i wish it was something I could get over but its my sensory issue that will never leave me..