What do you think of surgery to get elf ears?

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Dec 2011, 9:55 pm

Is the surgery safe :?: I heard of someone having surgery to get Vulcan ears like Spock & the surgery went wrong.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ellendra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Dec 2011, 10:26 pm

As an elf-o-phile, I can understand wanting to do that. But, wait until your late 20's at least, because a lot of things will change between now and then, and you don't want to spend so much on something you'll regret.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 10:53 pm

Vigilans wrote:
If people want to get stupid elf ears then fine, but if if they simultaneously also are only employable in service industry jobs... then they should be prepared to deal with almost nobody hiring them or getting ridicule from customers. Actually most professionals will probably think a person with elf-ear cosmetic surgery is batshit crazy and consider them a liability to the company.

That.

And..

Well lets go to the source.

HEY LADIES!

Would you go out with a guy with elf ears?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 11:04 pm

I don't like any type of body modifications. I like human bodies in their natural forms.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 11:17 pm

Wouldn't do it myself, and I'd personally avoid as much surgery as possible.
Why put yourself through a surgery unless it's needed...

Quote:
Would you go out with a guy with elf ears?

Probably not.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 1:37 am

It's taking WoW (or whatever game) obsession a bit too far IMO.

Obviously you're not gonna get them if you have a job where you have to look at least a bit respectable (office, retail, hospitality), but if you're self employed or work in creative arts, trades, transport, industrial etc, they mightn't be such a setback.

As far as dating opportunities, there will be some piercing covered geeky gamer girl who would love you I'm sure :P

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 1:47 am

blue_bean wrote:
It's taking WoW (or whatever game) obsession a bit too far IMO.

Obviously you're not gonna get them if you have a job where you have to look at least a bit respectable (office, retail, hospitality), but if you're self employed or work in creative arts, trades, transport, industrial etc, they mightn't be such a setback.

As far as dating opportunities, there will be some piercing covered geeky gamer girl who would love you I'm sure :P

I think any job, public or not, will be incredibly difficult to do let alone get with such a pointed feature (no pun intended).

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 1:55 am

I'm thinking things would be the same for people who get those horns inplanted in their heads.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 8:34 am

Vigilans wrote:
Actually most professionals will probably think a person with elf-ear cosmetic surgery is batshit crazy and consider them a liability to the company.

Which is very stupid - because untold millions of people have equally strange cosmetic surgeries all the time, implanting themselves with silicone, paralysing their faces, slicing off parts of the penis in childhood - without it being thought to make them a liability.

The year is still young.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 1:27 pm

Hmm, it looks pretty cool but i think you might start to dislike them if you have them all the time so i would suggest searching for a prostethic or something just to fake it.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 1:53 pm

I would honestly wait a while before deciding on something that ill last forever. You can actually get prosthetics to make it look like the real thing, and if you get high quality ones, they would look real.

As for employment, unless they are huge and pointy I'm not sure they would make a difference. If it's something subtle you could lie and say you had an injury as a child and this was the only way it could be repaired at the time, and you don't want more surgery. If they were huge elf ears, that won't work.

I'd personally like vampire fangs. They make real looking fake fangs, custom fitted to your teeth, matching the color of the rest of your teeth. You can take them off when you want, but can eat with them on. Food, that is. If I were to ever get them, I would get small ones that you barely notice and only make people slightly uncomfortable because they could be real. Nothing like horror movie, obviously fake ones.

I don't like the horns implanted in the head, either.

If I could get any surgery on myself I would get a face lift, nose job, eye lift, slight upper lip implant, chin implant - because I have a very weak chin, boobs, tummy tuck, butt lift, and the cellulite sucked out of my thighs. Anything else I wanted could just be added on and taken off. Like fangs.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 2:37 pm

WhiteWidow wrote:
Well, you're 14. So maybe wait 20 years or so before you make that decision...

THIS.

Spock ears at a job interview? Or when applying to a prestigious college? Think about it. You may even decide to run for public office someday. All sorts of doors will be closed for you if you do this.

Same goes for any other body modifications, or huge visible tattoos or piercings.

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2011, 2:50 pm

I personally think they look a bit silly.
but whatever ya wanna do I guess

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2011, 2:51 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't like any type of body modifications. I like human bodies in their natural forms.

ditto, the only thing I have pierced is my ears and I rarely wear earrings.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

I have no problem with any adult chosing to do whatever they please with their body as long as they pay for the process themself.
They should also pay for any subsequent medical care required should things go wrong as in the UK our health service has a bad enough time financing itself without the extra burden of fixing botched cosmetic surgeries.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Actually most professionals will probably think a person with elf-ear cosmetic surgery is batshit crazy and consider them a liability to the company.

Which is very stupid - because untold millions of people have equally strange cosmetic surgeries all the time, implanting themselves with silicone, paralysing their faces, slicing off parts of the penis in childhood - without it being thought to make them a liability.

I don't think its stupid. Most of these other "enhancements" are not readily visible or are subtle additions to one's appearance. Nor are they "equally strange" with elf-ears... They are not a blatant cry of "HEY LOOK AT ME I AM SO SPECIAL". I don't much care for this attitude and it does not get one anywhere past the age of 17 anyway