Page 346 of 401 [ 6413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ... 401  Next

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 8:46 am

TheAP wrote:
C2V wrote:
This amuses me in a cynical sort of way. Same thing when I went to an adult autism research group. Everyone there was obviously autistic and they still managed to "make friends" with others there by the end of the group. But with me? Zero connection. It's like I'm made from glass or something, it just seems to slip right off without sticking.

That has happened to me, too. They just seem better at connecting with others than I am.

Yes, I've been in that scenario as well,.

Saga41
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Nov 2016, 2:30 pm

kazanscube wrote:
TheAP wrote:
C2V wrote:
This amuses me in a cynical sort of way. Same thing when I went to an adult autism research group. Everyone there was obviously autistic and they still managed to "make friends" with others there by the end of the group. But with me? Zero connection. It's like I'm made from glass or something, it just seems to slip right off without sticking.

That has happened to me, too. They just seem better at connecting with others than I am.

Yes, I've been in that scenario as well,.

That talks to me too. I've been on other autistic sites, and I always struggled to "make friends".

I guess I have accepted things are this way.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 3:03 pm

I would not say that as, nothing is permanent in life however there is difficulty with making friends.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 5:27 pm

I don't have any real life friends... :( Or even that many friends on here.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 6:16 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
I don't have any real life friends... :( Or even that many friends on here.

Hey don't feel bad, as there is only maybe 12 people or less that I actually post alongside though, that may seem like a lot but, it's not never less I'll be your friend.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 8:28 pm

Quote:
I don't have any real life friends... Or even that many friends on here

Me neither. And when you say this to a normal person, they look at you as if you just said you don't breathe air. As if it's absolutely impossible not to have friends, because "everyone has friends."
Umm, no.
With the autism group, it was weird - people who were ultra shy, people who were intellectually disabled and loud about it, people with behaviour problems, etc - they were all able to "connect" with someone in the group.
I didn't really understand - I was verbal the whole time at that group, I made sure I was well presented being cleanly dressed and washed and so on, I was consciously attentive to people there and said hello and was as social as I can understand how to be - and everyone seemed to be making friends but me. Some of them even made plans to see each other outside the group, but no one even spoke to me.
Which is why I have left this issue alone since. I'm obviously missing something and until I understand the process better, repeating it would be pointless.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 6:32 am

I'm feeling unpopular with myself.
Does that count?

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 10:34 am

Raleigh wrote:
Does that count?

I suppose it would Raleigh

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 5:20 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Does that count?

Do you want to PM with me?

Saga41
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Nov 2016, 11:46 am

kazanscube wrote:
I would not say that as, nothing is permanent in life however there is difficulty with making friends.

You're right :)

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 9:35 pm

Saga41 wrote:
kazanscube wrote:

You're right :)

A most sincere thank you as, if you like your welcome to become my friend

Saga41
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Nov 2016, 8:17 am

kazanscube wrote:
A most sincere thank you as, if you like your welcome to become my friend

Thank you :)

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 1:25 pm

I'm up for friends too if anyone wants to PM me.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 6:34 pm

I sincerely recall having you on my friends list however, I've always felt as if I would be a burden conversation wise so, I've not written that much Truthfully speaking.

missing_advert
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm

Granted I have only been on here for 2 days, but I'm thinking this would be the club for me. I do find it useful and interesting being here though, perhaps I should just be silent till I've been here longer.

missing_advert
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Nov 2016, 6:53 pm

C2V wrote:
Quote:
I don't have any real life friends... Or even that many friends on here

Me neither. And when you say this to a normal person, they look at you as if you just said you don't breathe air. As if it's absolutely impossible not to have friends, because "everyone has friends."
Umm, no.
With the autism group, it was weird - people who were ultra shy, people who were intellectually disabled and loud about it, people with behaviour problems, etc - they were all able to "connect" with someone in the group.
I didn't really understand - I was verbal the whole time at that group, I made sure I was well presented being cleanly dressed and washed and so on, I was consciously attentive to people there and said hello and was as social as I can understand how to be - and everyone seemed to be making friends but me. Some of them even made plans to see each other outside the group, but no one even spoke to me.
Which is why I have left this issue alone since. I'm obviously missing something and until I understand the process better, repeating it would be pointless.

I feel and have experienced the same. Don't think I could have worded it better myself.