Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 10:43 am

I hate grocery shopping. It's even worse when I do it with my mum. I just want to go in the store, get my stuff and get out. I don't like to waste time looking at stuff that's irrelevant to food. I also don't like how it ends up in the end, when the two of us get groceries, together. I end up burnt out and talking to myself on the bench, and she has to comment about it. From now on, I'll be buying my food, as I need it, by myself, when ever I wish. The only time that I won't be buying any food, is Saturday afternoon. :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 10:49 am

Being anywhere near any store the day after Thanksgiving.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 11:20 am

I LOVE shopping! If I could, I would probably live in a mall! As for grocery shopping, I don't really mind it as long as they have the food I like. Otherwise, I'll rant about the store for the next week... But when it comes to clothes shopping, it's like heaven for me!

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 11:22 am

I HATE shopping when the teenage NTs are in the stores other than that i don't hate it.

19 Nov 2006, 2:45 pm

I hate long lines.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 3:05 pm

Horrible bastard packed supermarket with horrible bastard packed aisles and horrible bastard heaving checkouts.

No, I don't like big supermarkets.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 3:16 pm

I hate long lines at the checkout. Which is why I like to go early in the morning, when the store is still fairly empty.

If the store is crowded, I can't wait to get out of there. I often go grocery shopping with my mom because she has a car and I don't, especially if it's to someplace like WalMart or Superstore (all of which are out in the fringes of the city; I live downtown). Sometimes it's really crowded there (yecch), and leaving the store she'll comment that there were a lot of people in the store. To which I sometime reply "Yes... and I hate them all." She finds that really funny...

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 4:09 pm

Grocery stores...I stick to smaller stores only and go in the early morning hours...just too much to look at in the bigger stores...I can't think when I have to go through aisles 6 feet high on either side of me with a million different things in 20 different varieties on each side. Too many choices and too many people...leave me brain dead. LOL

I hate shopping.

I rummage sale and yard sale mostly for clothes...or shop over the internet. I can never find what I want in a store...and I really HATE trying stuff on.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 7:09 pm

Shopping is my favourite past time. I love it.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 7:48 pm

What I Hate About Shopping: Humans

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2006, 5:09 am

I like clothes shopping.I don't like food shopping though, I find it boring.

momgrrl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Nov 2006, 9:06 am

Sometimes I really like shopping, other times I can't take it at all. There have been times when I've driven all the way to the store before I realized that I was not in the mood to deal. Then, I turn around and head home and try again the next day.

I find it's much more fun when I have my daughters with me. We talk and laugh and live in our own world, so I hardly notice that there are other people in the store at all.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2006, 5:15 pm

When groups of people decide to just stop walking to start chatting with each other.

Kay_zee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Nov 2006, 5:21 pm

I don't like shopping much as you always seem to be in someone's way and someone else is in your way. If you ask for them to move, you're rude and if you don't it is still your loss. I prefer to buy things online, much simpler and you can look at something for as long as you want without people looking oddly at you.

Breakbot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Nov 2006, 11:03 pm

The worst shopping ever is going to Ikea on the weekend. There is only one Ikea in my city, and BE PREPARED if you decide to go on Saturday or Sunday. Be ready to squeeze by hoards of slow-moving families pushing oversized carts down the aisles as they gawk at the ivar and the guunk... I was recently there during one of these mad hours and while my significant other and I were examining some shelving, an oblivious mother with screaming hellspawn in arm came up beside me looking at the same unit. I gave my BF a burning "I can't stand this" look as this lady's baby screamed bloody murder in my right ear. The packed aisles did not make our escape easy.

And while I am a girl, clothes shopping is very annoying. Shoe shopping is even worse (which explains why I only have one pair of shoes at any time). I can feel the burning gaze of the salespeople while I try to browse, and just about every time a peppy salesgirl comes up to me and giggles "can I help you find anything?" I really want to smack them. I don't, though... I just smile and give them the usual "no, i'm just looking right now, thanks". And when cashiers try to make that fakey small-talk with you... it always makes me so incredibly uncomfortable... does it make most people happy or comfortable, and that's why they do it??

I don't mind shopping for art supplies, or comic books (usually), or videogames, or groceries... any time salespeople decide to leave me alone and let me look for myself...

willow
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 1:14 am

dear hell.

I hate shopping of all kinds. I don't like people in my face or making uninvited eyecontact.

I...

just hate shopping.