Page 5 of 19 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 5:14 pm

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
- Christopher Hitchens

"When we do right, nobody remembers. When we do wrong, nobody forgets."
- Motto of the Hells Angels

"What white man can say I ever stole his land or a penny of his money? Yet they say that I am a thief."
-Sitting Bull

"Weep for me, whoever has charity, truth and justice! I did not come on this voyage for gain, honor or wealth, that is certain; for then the hope of all such things was dead. I came to Your Highnesses with honest purpose and sincere zeal; and I do not lie. I humbly beseech You Hignesses that, if it please God to remove me hence, you will help me to go to Rome and on other pilgrimages."
- Christopher Columbus

"Start every day with a smile and get it over with."
- W.C. Fields

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 5:11 pm

"Buoyed by water, he can fly in any direction — up, down, sideways — by merely flipping his hand. Under water, man becomes an archangel."
- Jacques Cousteau

"We must plant the sea and herd its animals … using the sea as farmers instead of hunters. That is what civilization is all about — farming replacing hunting."
- Jacques Cousteau

"I said that the oceans were sick but they're not going to die. There is no death possible in the oceans — there will always be life — but they're getting sicker every year."
- Jacques Cousteau

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 4:44 pm

"If at first you don't succeed, give up. There's no point in making a damn fool out of yourself."
~W.C. Fields

(It was a joke, as he spent almost his entire career trying over and over again to succeed.)

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 3:56 pm

"That Muhammad could predict certain events does not prove that he was a prophet: he may have been able to guess successfully, but this does not mean that he had real knowledge of the future. And certainly the fact that he was able to recount events from the past does not prove that he was a prophet, because he could have read about those events in the Bible and, if he was illiterate, he could still have had the Bible read to him."
- Muhammad al Warraq

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 1:04 am

Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue.--Rochefoucauld

Aperture
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 12:16 pm

"Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks." ~ Simonides

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 2:33 pm

Tis safer to be that which we destroy
Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.
William Shakespeare, Macbeth (1605), Act III, scene 2, line 9.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 2:51 pm

Here's one for St Valentine's Day:

“The voice of Love seemed to call to me, but it was a wrong number.”
― P.G. Wodehouse, Very Good, Jeeves!

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2013, 7:29 pm

Dennis Skinner in Commons: "Half the Tories opposite are crooks." After being told to retract his statement: "Half the Tories opposite aren't crooks."

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 7:31 pm

Oh, I really like that one!

Sylkat

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2013, 7:35 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Oh, I really like that one!

Sylkat

One of the best examples of quick wit I've knowingly seen.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 7:00 pm

TBTF(too big to fail)is the rich man's YOLO.--John Hodgeman

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 8:53 pm

Rimmer: I used to be in the Samaritans.
Lister: I know. For one morning.
Rimmer: I couldn't take any more.
Lister: I don't blame you. You spoke to five people and they all committed suicide. I wouldn't mind, but one was a wrong number! He only phoned up for the cricket scores!
Rimmer: Well, it's not my fault everyone chose that day to jump out of buildings! It made the papers, you know. "Lemming Sunday," they called it.

-Red Dwarf

Aperture
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 9:14 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
TBTF(too big to fail)is the rich man's YOLO.--John Hodgeman

Yes, so true. :x

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 9:19 pm

"The biggest differences between an American and an Englishman: An American thinks a hundred years is a long time, and an Englishman thinks a hundred miles is a long way." -- Walter Smith

"Of course, if you're writing the code to control a cruise missile, you may not actually need an explicit loop exit. The loop will be terminated automatically at the appropriate moment." -- Programming Perl, 3rd Ed.

"Military Intelligence is a highly refined organisation of overwhelming generalities based on vague assumptions and debatable figures drawn from undisclosed activities pursued by persons of diverse motivation and questionable mentality in the midst of unimaginable confusion." -- Rupert Boleyn

"This is why they complain; They don't want to have brains. Those lead to thoughts, and thoughts cause only suffering. Thus, by asking them to think, you are inflicting the torments of the damned on the previously blissfully ignorant." -- John Rowat, in alt.tech-support.recovery

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 2:41 pm

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." ~Soren Kierkegaard