Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

infexious
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2012, 1:00 pm

I just signed up about 10 minutes ago, and I posted my "hi" thread in the new members forum, now I'd like to share a story with you about when I ran someone over. Its all completely true, I find it quite funny now (read on, you'll see the funny side too hopefully) but at the time it was enough to make my head explode.

I passed my driving test at 18, and had a white renault clio for my first car, so I was driving through my city towards the centre during broad daylight, and in Norwich where I live there is basically a road towards the centre that run pasts the court, over a bridge and straight after the bridge there is a pedestrian traffic lights thing.

on the left there was a man and woman standing at the pedestrian traffic lights.. they must have been having an argument (its near the local court too so lots of jeremy kyle types milling about all day..) and he pushed her into the metal railing at the traffic lights...

the next thing he did was run straight into the road, in front of my car, with which i ploughed straight into him, he rolled over the bonnet, roof... and landed on the road behind me. I was so shocked i didnt stop straight away, which was a stroke of luck because by the time i stopped and took my seatbelt off, i could see him in my wingmirror running towards my car.

the guy had just pushed his girlfriend into a metal rail, run away from her while she was on the ground, into the path of a car, been run over and straight away got up again and ran towards the guy who ran him over! It was like a scene out of shameless!

right, so im pretty freaked out and my instant reaction was to put my foot down and drive away instead of being attacked by this psycho, so i drove to the main police station in town, properly sketched out and told them everything. Made a statement and got a letter about 2 months later to say that no action was being taken. That was 7 years ago now and I can remember it like it was yesterday!

That's my story!

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 1:10 pm

If I had seen him do that to a woman, I'd have given serious thought to the notion of inflicting some more physical pain to that jerk.

Thankfully for him and I, I stay away from driving.

infexious
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2012, 1:14 pm

Taverson wrote:
If I had seen him do that to a woman, I'd have given serious thought to the notion of inflicting some more physical pain to that jerk.

Thankfully for him and I, I stay away from driving.

At the time, I didn't acknowledge it, but looking back, he got smashed into by a car, that's pretty much swings and roundabouts isn't it!