Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 8:29 pm

People are starting early.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 8:44 pm

Here too, but then a thunderstorm moved in. So no more loud fireworks, just loud thunder!

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 9:47 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
Here too, but then a thunderstorm moved in. So no more loud fireworks, just loud thunder!

Well, you're in Canada, so it's not early there. Canada Day is on July 1. Over here, it's an early start, because our national day is on July 4. So people are starting fireworks early here. I'm hearing them now.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 10:01 pm

All over the place here and there.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jul 2017, 7:59 am

I heard some a few times tonight. They're illegal for the public in my county, there's a noise ordinance here & 2am is late at night to light em so hopefully someone will complain before they light off a bunch of em at the middle of the night or later. Me & my girlfriend don't go to bed till the morning but lots of people are trying to sleep at that time.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 8:04 am

They do that in the UK too for our day when we have fireworks, Fifth of November (Guy Fawkes Day).

They start way early and it goes on all month!

I think it's wrong. First, it takes away the special nature of having just one day that you celebrate with your actual fireworks.

Second, if there is only one day for fireworks, people and pets can be prepared for that one day of anxiety. But when others set off fireworks willy-nilly any old day of the month, it's not fair to those who have to make provision for anxiety in themselves or their pets.

Having said this, oddly enough I love fireworks and I even love the sound -- I don't know why, as I don't like other types of loud noises.

But I do wish people would restrain themselves and keep it for just the one day it's supposed to be for.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2017, 9:53 am

Yup. It's been really wet this year where I live, so the public's been given the okay to go wild. The past few years have been dry, so I don't blame them for going a little rocket-happy. Then again, I actually enjoy deep sounds like thunder and bass drops, so fireworks aren't a source of anxiety for me. I'm also used to those sounds since I live near some popular woods. Hunting season is pretty loud.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 12:53 pm

NewTime wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:

Well, you're in Canada, so it's not early there. Canada Day is on July 1. Over here, it's an early start, because our national day is on July 4. So people are starting fireworks early here. I'm hearing them now.

Oops! I thought you meant early in the evening, not early in the week. It's Canada's 150th anniversary since Confederation so lots of parties this year. And lots of fireworks.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 1:34 pm

I like fireworks. But we didn't have any fireworks for Canada Day last night. It was cloudy and overcast most of the day, but it wasn't wet or raining. There was really no reason to cancel it. :(

Anyway, I'm glad my parents decided not to go down to see them. No sense going to the boardwalk at around 10 pm when they supposed to go off only to learn they weren't.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 6:54 pm

There are notification signs around where I live that say 'all fireworks are illegal' and that certainly makes no difference to people lol. I just don't know why they bother people are going to set them off anyways...and the cops aren't going to go around looking for where all of them are coming from and what not unless they have nothing better to do and then I imagine its probably just a fine or ticket or something.