Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 9:34 am

This happened yesterday. Some man around his 50s or maybe 60s, who is also old enough to be my dad, pushed me as I got on the metro trains at the stop I get off at for work and used the f word and told me to move! He also said that I was being f selfish. I see him most mornings on metro. So I will probably leave different time. The Blue line was packed like sardines. I left later than normal yesterday. I never gotten pushed by a man like he did to me. I paid no attention and didn't cry or scream or use profanity back at him. I just continued listening to my music. He gave me an evil stare for many stops till he finally got off. No one bothered to ask me if I was ok. So I truly am not the loser in this situation. HE was and the people who just stood there like a bunch of idiots are losers too.

Ladies, has a man ever pushed you and if so what did you do about it?

Guys, what would you do in this case?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 11:51 am

laugh openly at him and stare at him with a big grin :D

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 12:14 pm

Well you could always yell "DON'T TOUCH ME!" and point to him. Pushing you is a serious crime and I would report it to the metro police. There are cameras all over and it can likely be viewed by the police and an arrest made.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 1:42 pm

I'd push the guy back as hard as I can, than tell him I have just as much of a right to be on the train as he does. I'd show him that no man's to mess with me in that way. If he doesn't back off, I'd do some self defense moves. I'm not usually that violent, as I like to be gentle with everyone. If I was in that situation, I'd have no choice but to show him and the losers what I can be made of in an intrusive situation. I'd handle it more like a man than a woman, I guess. You did the right thing for you, though and I admire you for that. 8)

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 1:50 pm

luvsterriers wrote:

I'd walk up to him and tell him to be careful or he could get seriously hurt when he hits other people.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2013, 4:46 pm

On the DC subway train we can't change cars easily unless
we get off stop and run to the next car. I wish
there was freedom to go from car to car
while train is moving. Too bad the train cars
have no camera. I did have my iPhone and was listening to music.
I like to listen to music while on train to comfort me
and to reduce background noise. I did call
mom and told her what happened while the jerk
was standing right next to me! The thing is being
half Korean helps since I talked to mom in Korean.
I'm sure he was pissed that I was using language
he couldn't understand! Lol! Rarely do train passengers
use emergency button on every car. That button allows
us to talk to driver. Some stops like Chinatown is bad.
Lots of teens out of control.

. I see rude men on metro subway mistreating
people! Guys, where are your moms? Do you push your wife?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Mar 2013, 7:01 pm

Seems like that guy hasn't seen the "Dumb ways to die" video. :roll:

If that were me, I'd scream pervert and dramatically point at him. He has no right to touch anyone like that, anyway. Better to draw attention to me than to put up with that crap.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 9:39 am

luvsterriers wrote:

"You can say excuse me, you f******* as*hole."

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 2:45 pm

The best way to deal with people like that is to say something like this: "I'm incredibly sorry, I didn't mean to get in your way...I'll try not to let it happen again". When you treat total jerks with the utmost respect, it completely throws them off guard and they don't know how to react. The subway is known for attracting some pretty shady characters, so just make sure to stay safe when you ride on it!

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 2:46 pm

Just shocked in a way that a middle aged man would use f at someone young enough to be his daughter. I wonder if he would say the f word to his sister, wife (if he has one) or mother. I could easily have said to him "Oh sorry sir your wife not giving you enough head?" But that would make it worse from what I'm told. I can say loudly don't talk to me IF I see him again. Should I change my work schedule? I generaely catch the 630am train from the stop and so I see him get on last car on train but he sometimes sit near me. Should I go in another car? Change my time I get on train? He gets off same stop as me for work but doesn't live near me. I rarely see him in afternoons.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 3:37 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Just shocked in a way that a middle aged man would use f at someone young enough to be his daughter. I wonder if he would say the f word to his sister, wife (if he has one) or mother. I could easily have said to him "Oh sorry sir your wife not giving you enough head?" But that would make it worse from what I'm told. I can say loudly don't talk to me IF I see him again. Should I change my work schedule? I generaely catch the 630am train from the stop and so I see him get on last car on train but he sometimes sit near me. Should I go in another car? Change my time I get on train? He gets off same stop as me for work but doesn't live near me. I rarely see him in afternoons.

Obviously you're not going to beat the crap out of him so talk to one of the metro cops and let him/her know what happened. They will look out for you. Pushing you is a crime, don't let the bastard get away with it. Don't give him what he wants by changing your life. What I'm telling you is a simple fix for your problem.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 7:43 am

I left normal time and didn't see him but then again it is Monday and a lot of Fed Gov employees have Mon or Fri off. But I don't want to cause a scene. :/ I did report him to the metro transit police. If my grandfather was alive he would have slugged the guy. I can understand in a way if the man was a lot younger using profanity and pushing me but he was old enough to be my dad! My grandfather never used profanity in front of a woman that's just how he was raised. For you moms out there if you saw your son use profanity at a woman and push her what would you do?

I can always sit in the front car near the metro subway driver but there would be no way that he can do anything since the car and the driver has a locked door. I can only use the ER button at the end of each train car. There are no security cams in the train cars. There may be security cams in the station itself. So if the man pushed me outside near the train tracks that obviously that would be seen. Maybe it was being racist too? I'm half Korean/half white. Maybe he has a thing against Asians? Who knows. Or he is just mentally ill. Sure I could have said something evil like "oh your wife isn't good in bed?" really loud. But I keep that to myself. What I could have said to him is that he doesn't have to resort to acting like a teen boy. If he wants to act like a teen then I know plenty of teen boys that would want a friend. Or tell him that this train doesn't his name plastered on it and if he could easily have asked me to move in a kind way without using profanity and using physical abuse like a jerk.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 7:55 am

I would just ignore him and see what happens. He may have just been having a bad day and took it out on you. If thats the case then he will probably be embarrassed when he sees you and avoid you or apologize to you. If he's crazy or dislikes you for some reason then this may have been part of an episode of crazy behavior. There isn't anything you can do about it either way except make sure you protect yourself in the future. I'd avoid being in the car alone with him (I've been on the metro when we lived up there so I know it's not usually empty during normal hours) and I'd bring something to read or pretend to read while you are on there. Having earphones in helps too because it's an excuse to ignore everyone around you, the same as reading. Just bring a book and stare at the page while you are listening to your music if you don't want to read while you are on there. Don't sit by him, don't look at him, don't react to him. If you are closer to the door than he is, either get off immediately or hang back until he gets off then get off after him.

I wouldn't worry about getting the cops involved for pushing you and being rude like that, they have a lot of crime up there so that won't be high on their list of things to do, if it makes it on there at all. If he continues to bother you then you should tell the cops there or security guards or whatever it is they have there now.

As an alternative, if they do have guards or cops stationed there then you could go up to one and tell him what happened and ask him how he thinks you should handle it. He can tell you better than any of us what you should do because he's in the same place and around the same people that you are.

All in all, ignore him and don't provoke him.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 8:18 am

I just want to point out that using profanity/violence toward men is no less bad. I'm saying this because some poster(s) seem to think it's particularly bad to do that to women. I'm a male and honestly I'm quite helpless. I don't want my being abused in that way to be taken less serously because of my gender.

Any way, back to the topic.
Pressing the emergency button actually is usually good enough to scare those people off. I have done it before. One time when I did that, the abuser apologized to me because he was scared and didn't want to get in trouble. Particularly someone who seems to have a job would be seriously scared of getting in trouble because it could affect their employment, too.

Where I live all trains and train stations have cameras. The cameras actually helped prosecute and send to jail those who attacked me once. Also once the camera got me out of a dangerous situation.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 8:32 am

What is it with train stations? If I was on a 'good' day I think being loud and pointing out what he did so people around have less chance of pretending they didn't see anything/up the guys chance of feeling remorse is the way I'd go. But on an 'off' day I would have done what you did. Silence is good too as what he thinks you're thinking is often worse than what you really are thinking - glare right back though.

One time I was in the check-out line at the grocery store. I shop late to avoid people, fortunately I do know the checkers (I stand out with my dog) my boy was patient in front of my feet. There were people in front of me who weren't moving, yet I suddenly feel the cart of the man behind me push into my leg. I shove my heal against the front before it can injure my dog (who he might or or might not have seen) He still kept shoving it in to me! I was having an off day so we kept up this silent pushing match. The checker then noticed and glared at him which made him stop. Meanwhile in my mind I wanted to shove the cart straight into his package and tell him the fines and jail time are if he hurt my working dog. He was lucky it was an off day. He was even more lucky he didn't touch my dog. The tendons in back of my heal hurt for a several days after, the [censored].

I have several other stories like this, some worse. I hate going into public I stay home as much as possible.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 9:50 am

Wrackspurt wrote:
What is it with train stations? If I was on a 'good' day I think being loud and pointing out what he did so people around have less chance of pretending they didn't see anything/up the guys chance of feeling remorse is the way I'd go. But on an 'off' day I would have done what you did. Silence is good too as what he thinks you're thinking is often worse than what you really are thinking - glare right back though.

One time I was in the check-out line at the grocery store. I shop late to avoid people, fortunately I do know the checkers (I stand out with my dog) my boy was patient in front of my feet. There were people in front of me who weren't moving, yet I suddenly feel the cart of the man behind me push into my leg. I shove my heal against the front before it can injure my dog (who he might or or might not have seen) He still kept shoving it in to me! I was having an off day so we kept up this silent pushing match. The checker then noticed and glared at him which made him stop. Meanwhile in my mind I wanted to shove the cart straight into his package and tell him the fines and jail time are if he hurt my working dog. He was lucky it was an off day. He was even more lucky he didn't touch my dog. The tendons in back of my heal hurt for a several days after, the [censored].

I have several other stories like this, some worse. I hate going into public I stay home as much as possible.

What a jerk. :evil: :x