My current special interest: 14 Chinese zodiac signs

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 4:53 am

Hi, I realized while surfing the Internet that some netizens are highly interested in Chinese culture but they have some difficulties in learning more about Chinese culture because most sources are entirely in Chinese. Even though I know very little about China's very own 14 zodiac signs, I'm offering my own interpretation of these zodiac signs here based on info that I have translated from several Chinese websites. In my honest opinion, astrology is 100% pseudo-science, but nonetheless, I still think that astrology is such an interesting topic to delve into. My Chinese zodiac sign, Tai Yang ("The Sun"), doesn't describe me well. (As far as I know, unlike Western zodiac signs, you must perform certain calculations in order to determine your Chinese zodiac sign(s). Many people are born under two zodiac signs. Since I don't know how to perform the necessary calculations, I simply fed my birthday into some online Taiwanese calculator.)

Zi Hui (“The Emperor”)
You are destined to be the center of attention. You are righteous and kind-hearted. You seem stern and solemn, but you are actually a sentimental softie. People enjoy helping you because you enjoy helping them. You enjoy studying various subjects and leading people. However, as a leader, you are not always wise. In the worst scenario, you are either so stubborn that you ignore everyone else’s advice or you are so weak-willed that you allow the “power behind the throne” to dictate your every move.

Qi Sha (“The Assassin”)
You are strong-willed, stern and authoritative. You tend to be blunt and aggressive when interacting with other people. You understand the overall picture of any situation very quickly. You have a shrewd mind. You enjoy plotting behind people’s backs. You are easily offended. When offended, you become as ferocious as a beast. You tend to make rash decisions that you later regret. You thrive in complicated environments full of obstacles. Power and wealth motivate you. You respect underdogs. You are always willing to defend underdogs from people who ill-treat them. As an introvert, you have few friends. You cherish every friend.

Po Jun (“The Pirate”)
You share many similarities with Qi Sha the Assassin. Qi Sha the Assassin is more of a leader whereas Po Jun the Pirate is more of a follower. You are frequently misunderstood. You strongly desire to triumph over others at all costs. Your blunt remarks offend people all the time. You welcome changes. You are impatient and easily bored. You are a “rebel without a cause” who has fun by arguing with authority figures. You are formidable during debates. You would rather accomplish everything on your own than collaborate with others.

Tan Lang (“The Wolf”)
You are either angelic or demonic. You are highly capable of spreading your reputation far and wide. You are an all-rounder excelling in many diverse fields. You won’t pursue any interest unless you are genuinely passionate about it. You are passionate about many different interests which might or might not be related to one another. You are flirtatious and maybe even promiscuous. Once you have accomplished your current goals, you set up even more goals to accomplish. You dazzle other people with your charisma before manipulating them into doing your bidding. You are the stereotypical dumb jock or bimbo who surprises the whole school when you emerge as the valedictorian. Your greatest secret is that you were born nerdy. You tend to be a staunch atheist-turned-religious zealot.

Wu Qu (“The Treasurer”)
You are magnanimous and decisive. You keep every promise. You have high expectations of other people and even higher expectations of yourself. You aren’t afraid of offending other people. Whenever people ask you for advice, you never turn them away. You are very likely a late bloomer. You prize career above romance. Money motivates you to excel in your career. As an investor, you are cautious but shrewd and far-sighted.

Lian Zhen (“The Peach Blossom”)
You are flirtatious, but once you marry your true love, you will remain faithful to him or her for the rest of your life. You might seem quiet and mild-mannered, but all Hell breaks loose as soon as anybody offends you. You socialize a lot but reveal very little about yourself, hence other people often have a hard time deciphering you. You tend to keep your true opinions on various issues to yourself. You are usually the first one to detect any changes in the environment. You accomplish your goals silently and quickly. You seem to care too much about other people’s opinion of you. You are always surrounded by your clique of friends. You are satisfied with your social life as long as you are in a clique—you don’t care whether you are the leader or just a follower.

Ju Men (“The Lawyer”)
You divide the people around you into two groups—friends and enemies. You are exceptionally nice towards your friends and exceptionally nasty towards your enemy. Other people either love you or hate you. You frequently stir up controversies. You strongly believe that justice will prevail; hence you tend to be interested in occupations that involve fighting for justice. You live up to your own set of principles that might or might not be morally acceptable. You won’t say or do anything that will violate any of these principles. Some people think that you seem too secretive and sinister. You possess a sharp mind and strong analytical skills. Your tongue is your best asset but also your Achilles’ heel.

Tian Fu (“The Empress”)
You are the ideal deputy and/or mediator. You excel at transforming conflicts into win-win situations for all parties. You aren’t very good at accomplishing tasks but you are very good at pleasing other people. In times of chaos, other people tend to anoint you to be “the power behind the throne”. You will thrive in any job that requires you to counsel and/or take care of other people. At your best, you are righteous, responsible and you are able to find joy in anything you do. At your worst, you strongly support far-right political parties, persecute revolutionaries and save every single cent for yourself.

Tian Xiang (“The Prime Minister”)
You live to rescue other people from dire circumstances. You are willing to sacrifice your own benefits (and maybe even your life) “for the great good”. You frequently praise other people but feel awkward when other people praise you. Other people love you for your sense of humor but might resent you for asking them too many questions about their personal lives. You are extremely protective of your own family. You are vain but you will never dress provocatively. (Every website that I visited attributes many feminine traits to Tian Xiang, but the irony is that Tian Xiang is a masculine zodiac sign.)

Tian Ji (“The Strategist”)
You were born kind-hearted, but you might not necessarily develop into a kind-hearted adult. You are impatient when dealing with trivial matters but in times of chaos, you remain calm and patient even when everyone else is panicking. You are wonderfully loyal to leaders who truly appreciate you. You enjoy learning more about the world around you, although teachers might find you difficult to teach because of your short attention span. You are blessed with quick wits, but sometimes you accumulate bad karma for yourself by using your quick wits to sabotage other people. You are a highly competent follower who never fails to dish out good advice to the leader whom you serve, but if you were a leader, you would be criticized for incompetence.

Tian Liang (“The Old Man”)
You can thrive in any environment. You are notorious for forming alliances with other people so that you yourself will be able to reach the top of the social ladder more quickly. You seize every single opportunity. You proudly proclaim that “the ends justify the means”. However, you will never do anything against the law or your own conscience. Some say that you are cold and efficient; some say that you enjoy helping other people in your own quiet way. You tend to mature faster than your peers. You are good at using simple clear-cut analogies to explain complex concepts to other people. You frequently give constructive criticism. As a leader, you genuinely care about your followers’ welfare. If you were to choose between power and wealth, you would choose power. You enjoy having power, but you don’t mind losing power because you understand that nothing in the world can possibly last forever.

Tian Tong (“The Child”)
You often act before you think. You remain optimistic in spite of your tumultuous life. You value work-life balance. You hate conflicts. When you suspect that a conflict might occur soon, you will either use humor to defuse the tension in the air or find some excuse to escape. People who don’t know you well might assume that they can bully you or boss you around whereas people who know you very well understand that you defend yourself well against nasty people. You might repay nastiness with nastiness but you will never bear grudges. You enjoy daydreaming, shopping and lazing around.

Tai Yang (“The Sun”)
You are an idealist. Like Tan Lang, you won’t pursue any interest unless you are genuinely passionate about it. Unlike Tan Lang, you are passionate about very few interests. You are a lousy multi-tasker. You are very blunt—you say your thoughts aloud. You enjoy chatting with other people and helping them. You are a workaholic who derives pleasure from working non-stop. You are extroverted, enthusiastic and energetic. You neither bear grudges nor plot against other people. You love being a leader and hate being a follower. You tend to spend beyond your means.

Tai Yin (“The Moon”)
Most Tai Yin people are blessed with good looks. As a Tai Yin person, you tend to rely on emotions rather than logic when making decisions. You are romantic and enjoy expressing your thoughts through art. Even though you are introverted, you work better in a team than alone. You are very talented, yet your low self-esteem often deceives you into thinking that you are good-for-nothing. You are easily stressed out. You always think before you act. You resolve conflicts by explaining your own point of view patiently and gently to other people. You write well.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 4:44 pm

Interesting. Now what are the dates for each?

glow
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 5:18 pm

Quote Icyfire -

Its interesting but is no way astrologically correct.
sounds more Tibetan or ancient Chinese dialect for some meaning or other. could you post back with the url if you can please.

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2013, 12:07 am

That doesn't really look like the Chinese zodiac I've seen like rat, snake, monkey, dog, dragon, etc, etc.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 12:20 am

Links?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 9:43 pm

RaspberryFrosty wrote:
That doesn't really look like the Chinese zodiac I've seen like rat, snake, monkey, dog, dragon, etc, etc.

Yes- the zodiacs I see on the placemates of Chinese restaurants are all animals: dragon, tiger, rooster, rat, monkey,and others I cant recall. Nothing resembling what the OP is talking about.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 11:00 pm

It's from a form of Chinese fortune telling--Zi Wei Dou Shu. (Purple Star Astrology). From the Wiki page, it looks much more in depth and it is supposed to guide your destiny. I've never seen this before, but it looks cool. :D

I had an Emperor pop up in the center. It seems to incorporate the animal signs somehow.

glow
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 12:06 pm

Again, a Url would help

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 12:56 pm

I'm not the OP, but here's the Wiki link. here

another page I found here

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 2:35 pm

Still no dates attached to each sign, just for fun how would someone figure out which sign they are in this?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 2:42 pm

This is a pared down version of what the second link provided on the basis of my date and time of birth.

Chinese zodiac: Rabbit  Yin-Male
Element Phase: Metal 4th phase
Birth transformation:
  Flirting:Authority,Emperor:Fame,
  Mercy:Prosperity,Moon:Annoyance
Life Master: Wicked, Body Master:Lucky

Accompanying this were these results.

Natal Birth Chart:Description for Life Palace
The brightness of the major stars Stars affecting the palaces
Major Star Power of Star
Emperor (Bright) (75)
Minister (Bright) (75)

The lucky stars are: The harmful stars are:
Fame is in same palace
Anger II is in a affecting palace
Anger I is in a affecting palace
Troublesome is in same palace
Misfortune is in a affecting palace
There is/are 3 lucky stars There is/are 2 harmful stars
The average brightness of the major stars=75% The combination index=(3/(3+2))*100%=60%

More than that, you tell me. :shrug:

glow
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 4:26 am

This seems like a fate chart

Birth Date:
  Solar Calendar︰Feb/20/1988 18:00-20:59
  Lunar Calendar︰Jan/ 4/1988 9:00-11:59
  Year:戊辰 month:甲寅 Day:乙巳 Hour:乙酉
Chinese zodiac: Dragon  Yang-Female
Element Phase: Earth 5th phase
Birth transformation:
  Moon:Authority,Deputy II:Fame,
  Flirting:Prosperity,Mercy:Annoyance
Life Master: Finance, Body Master:Intellect

just some of what I could get- solar being different here

One year luck: age 24 +

Major Star Power of Star
無主星 Marriage Palace: Treasury(Bright)
Life Palace: Wicked(Dark) Flirting(Dark)
Happy Palace: Minister(Bright)

Prosperity is in a affecting palace
Abundance is in a affecting palace
Anger II is in a affecting palace
Fiery is in same palace
TenY:Annoyance is in a affecting palace
Siren is in a affecting palace

There is/are 3 lucky stars There is/are 3 harmful stars

The average brightness of the major stars=50% The combination index=(3/(3+3))*100%=50%

Analyse stars in palace lunar

Natal Birth Chart Description for Life Palace

Major Star Power of Star
Sun (Radiant) (88)

Troublesome is in same palace
Calamity is in a affecting palace

There is/are 0 lucky stars There is/are 2 harmful stars

The average brightness of the major stars=88% The combination index=(0/(0+2))*100%=0%

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 2:11 am

Hi everybody, I have been "missing" from Wrong Planet for quite some time because of certain real-life issues. I'm back! (Yes, MjrMajorMajor is 100% correct. I'm referring to Zi Hui Dou Shu.) Um, I mentioned in my previous post that you MUST perform certain calculations to determine your Chinese zodiac sign(s). Many people are born under two zodiac signs. As far as I know, any day of the year contains twelve birth charts. Your birth hour plays a very important role in determining which of the twelve birth charts is yours. To cut a long story short, no dates are available for Zi Hui Dou Shu.

I fed my birthday into this online Taiwanese calculator...
Note: I always select "Hour 0" for Date Line and "Last Lunar Month" for Leap Lunar Month. Your Life House contains your zodiac sign(s). If your Life House is empty, then check your Travel House for your zodiac sign(s).
English version: http://freehoro.net/ZWDS_EN/
Chinese version: http://freehoro.net/ZWDS/

I'm sorry that all my Zi Hui Dou Shu links are in Chinese.
http://www.ai5429.com/c/400.htm
http://www.click108.com.tw/mail108/14star05.php
http://www.lead.idv.tw/wgs/leaderspeech2.asp

glow
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:45 am

yes, it is very good to see the types of palaces governed by each sign and what year and month they occur and offer their celestial good fortunes etc. One thing i noticed (it took me over an hour to distinguish bits and pieces) is that today is a good fortune day for most and tomorrow is personal good fortune day. The only thing I am unsure about is the numbers for each of the palace and what they mean as I do not think I know. Is it the equivalent to personal ages or is it the celestial formula of something else. Which part of your lunar birth chart needs to be accurate. Does GMT matter for the upkeep of your chart and do the major stars have a significant impact on each sector of your life?

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 10:28 am

glow wrote:
yes, it is very good to see the types of palaces governed by each sign and what year and month they occur and offer their celestial good fortunes etc. One thing i noticed (it took me over an hour to distinguish bits and pieces) is that today is a good fortune day for most and tomorrow is personal good fortune day. The only thing I am unsure about is the numbers for each of the palace and what they mean as I do not think I know. Is it the equivalent to personal ages or is it the celestial formula of something else. Which part of your lunar birth chart needs to be accurate. Does GMT matter for the upkeep of your chart and do the major stars have a significant impact on each sector of your life?

Hi glow! To be honest, even though I always try my best to learn as much as possible about my special interests, till this day, I only know very very little about how Zi Hui Dou Shu is supposed to work. Wait, let me refer to a fictitious birth chart... The numbers that you see in each palace represent age. For example, in my fictitious birth chart, I see "2-11" in the Life Palace where the stars Tian Ji, Tai Yin and Hua Ke reside, meaning that these three stars will affect the birth chart's owner's life from the age of 2 till the age of 11. I'm unsure whether GMT will affect one's birth chart... Let me experiment on my fictitious birth chart... Hmm, I don't know. Even though I had already changed GMT from +8 to -8, the birth chart remained unchanged. I think that everybody's birth chart will contain all fourteen major stars introduced in my first post here. Some palaces (empty palaces) will contain zero major star, some palaces will contain one major star, some palaces will contain two major stars. To be honest, I don't know anything about minor stars.