white people: Do you secretly wish you were black?

Page 2 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you wish you were black?
I wish I was black 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
I wish I were a different race that doesn't fit into the category of white or black 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I wish I were of mixed race 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I don't care/don't wish I were black 86%  86%  [ 44 ]
Total votes : 51

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 7:21 pm

Edit: Double posted

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 7:32 pm

I think the added skin cancer protection would be good.

GinBlossoms
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2014, 8:05 pm

No, I never experience white guilt at all. That doesn't mean, that I have anything against people of color. But I admit that white people are being trashed by some in modern society. Either all the races should hate each other and separate, or we can choose to live together and be color blind.

I am tired of white people being called racist. :(

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2014, 8:21 pm

GinBlossoms wrote:
No, I never experience white guilt at all. That doesn't mean, that I have anything against people of color. But I admit that white people are being trashed by some in modern society. Either all the races should hate each other and separate, or we can choose to live together and be color blind.

I am tired of white people being called racist. :(

A f***ing men to that ! Disliking someone who's not the same skin color DOESN'T EQUAL RACISM! It just means that person is acting unlikable and any person from any race could do that. Aren't you getting tired of the polar bear game and no blacks being called a racist because of it ? Why is it them who are always the oppressed ones when it could be any-fucking-body who could be oppressed regardless of who they are or what color their skins are ?

GinBlossoms
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2014, 8:38 pm

Yep, and the media and education system play a big role in that too.

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2014, 8:53 pm

GinBlossoms wrote:
Yep, and the media and education system play a big role in that too.

True and our educational system has gone to the mindset that education equals regurgitation. The media seems to reports what people wants to hear or what's politically correct :/

I though that journalism was suppose to be a neutral thing and that they were suppose to investigate the matter themselves. I'm also getting sick of the media trying to ease the population with the easy solution and roping Autism into serial killing when it doesn't matter if Adam had Asperger's or not. The point is that the media is using scapegoats for when they don't have the answer themselves :(

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 9:04 pm

Nope

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2014, 9:30 pm

EzraS wrote:
Nope

Umm nope to what said or the threads question ?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Feb 2014, 6:06 am

I've known a couple whites who wished they were black due to problems fitting in or discrimination from being in a predominantly black neighborhood. I met a couple whites who wished they were black because they really liked African American culture. I never really considered the idea of not being white. I lived in Louisiana till I moved to Vermont a little over a year ago. There's a higher ratio of blacks to whites in Louisiana than some other areas of the country & there's lots of stereotypes with both & I did not like the stereotype of either. The white stereotype was more advantaged thou. I sometimes thought it would be easier if I was black when I worked at WalMart & the lazy blacks there(I'm NOT saying all blacks are lazy but some there were lazy but some were good workers too) kept complaining about racism whenever they were asked to do their share of the work so management tended to make the whites work harder than the blacks due to not wanting to get in trouble for racism but the reality was it was reverse racism. I hated the attitude of the lazy blacks alot more than I wished I was black thou & really would of much rathered if management would of treated everyone the same regardless of race.
The ratio of blacks in Vermont is a lot lower than in Louisiana & many of the blacks here are African refugees so I think I fit in better being white here.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

thumbhole
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Feb 2014, 9:03 am

MrOddBall wrote:
A f***ing men to that ! Disliking someone who's not the same skin color DOESN'T EQUAL RACISM! It just means that person is acting unlikable and any person from any race could do that.

Agreed! I remember watching a YouTube video made by a black guy who was giving "dating advice" to fellow males, and he said something like "if you say pick-up line 1 to a [white] girl, and she still don't like you, then you should say pick-up line 2. If she still don't like you after that, she's racist." So he's basically implying that he thinks the only possible reason any girl would not like him is because he is black. 8O

Well personally the reason I do not like that guy is because he is ARROGANT. So arrogant that he thinks every single girl on the planet will like him, unless she has something against black skin. Has it ever occurred to him that perhaps the reason some girls don't like him is just because he's an arrogant jerk?

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 9:09 am

N/A

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 9:12 am

Not at all. I like being white.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 3:59 pm

I used to think that if I was white my life would be better. I even went so far as to straighten my hair and everything. I'm not attuned to "black culture" at all. I prefer living amongst whites even though I sometimes feel I have nothing in common with them and can't relate to them.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 4:05 pm

sometimes , I would like to have a big penis and be able to jive and homie talk , and please "do gooders" do not accuse me of racism :roll:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 4:10 pm

thumbhole wrote:
MrOddBall wrote:
A f***ing men to that ! Disliking someone who's not the same skin color DOESN'T EQUAL RACISM! It just means that person is acting unlikable and any person from any race could do that.

Agreed! I remember watching a YouTube video made by a black guy who was giving "dating advice" to fellow males, and he said something like "if you say pick-up line 1 to a [white] girl, and she still don't like you, then you should say pick-up line 2. If she still don't like you after that, she's racist." So he's basically implying that he thinks the only possible reason any girl would not like him is because he is black. 8O

Well personally the reason I do not like that guy is because he is ARROGANT. So arrogant that he thinks every single girl on the planet will like him, unless she has something against black skin. Has it ever occurred to him that perhaps the reason some girls don't like him is just because he's an arrogant jerk?

this isn't race related it's ego look at oprah as a example she screams "racism" in a upmarket Swiss (Zurich) hand bag shop she was more annoyed (if she was honest) that the owner didn't recognize her , cult of celebrity in that nation is some near aspie on the spectrum :D

Even more amusing she claims he "didn't want to draw attention to the event" yet she's on all these shows talking about it :roll:

proud to be swiss :)

StuffedMarshmallow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2014, 5:18 pm

If I had to choose a different race I would choose black. Black people are super good looking in my opinion. If I ever turn out to be a polygamist when I grow up one of my partners is going to be a black chick I hope. Often times I try to befriend people I admire, and I am always trying to befriend black guys at my church because they just look crazy good and they kind of make me nervous because their looks are just so shocking and way better than mine. And I want to have black friends because it would make me look like I'm as cool as them :?