Who is your favorite family member and why?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 11:05 am

Who is your favorite family member, besides your parents, and why?

If you can't choose just one, or you feel bad choosing between a niece and nephew or something like that, choose more than one, but explain each one!

I say "besides your parents," because most people would choose them, because they brought us into this world, but if you have some other reasons that they're your favorite and you really want to pick them, feel free to!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My favorite family members are my niece and nephew. They are the only people in my close family that are near my age, because I was born 20 years later than my sisters.

The more time I spend with my 10-year-old nephew, the more I realize that he is very similar to me when I was his age, as well as my current age. He's very smart for his age, he's hyper, he likes to act crazy and do random things, he has a relatively large vocabulary, he likes video games (some of which I also like,) he watches the same YouTube videos that I would watch, he forms strong opinions about things that he can back up, when we visit each other I find him picking up some of my sentence structures and the voice pattern of how I say things, when we visit each other I find him saying some of the same little catch phrases as me, he seems mature for his age but at the same time younger than his age, he likes drawing creatively, he likes being creative in general, we both wear glasses (not a personality thing,) we both only like one sport generally, all of these things just like myself, and he's just like a mini me almost.

My niece is 4 years old, and I haven't spent as much time with her as my nephew, but her personality is very sweet, yet violent at the same time. She isn't violent in a way that anyone should be worried; she is just very polite and nice, but the way that she can also beat up stuffed animals and wrestle with her brother makes a noticeable contrast in her personality. I can see her possibly getting into instruments in the future, just like me. She likes to play with her brother's string instruments, she likes to blow into a straw instrument I made for her, and she begged to let me blow on my clarinet. Of course, this could've just meant a curious little girl who wanted to make noise, but I'm going to send her a slide whistle soon, and I think she would like it. She seems like she may be a musician like me one day.

My niece and nephew are like distant siblings to me. When I'm with them, they feel like my little brother and sister. When we almost had to move in with them, I was upset about everything about it EXCEPT for it would be like I'd have my niece and nephew with me like my little siblings.

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 3:27 pm

I would say after my parents my sibilings come, I love them so much because they make me happy, staying with them is very nostalgic I remember the old days, I remember so many people, things, places and different circumstances that I miss so much, when we used to be kids and play with my cousins or neighbour's kids, I remember the good memories which brings a beautiful feeling to me, I feel happy and sad at the same time but I love that feeling, I love remembering the good old days

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 4:03 pm

My brother and middle niece, who is my brother's daughter.

my brother always stood up for me when we were little. he's two and a half years old, and i think he's an aspie too. if another kid wanted to hit me, my brother would simply punch him out. he was very protective and still is.

my middle niece is the one who wants to go places with me, like the park. she's lively and an excellent artist. she's smart and loves cats too, and she's very caring. we agree on a lot of things.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 5:48 pm

Tricky question. For me it's a close tie between my cousin, she's just as hyperlexic as me) and really kind; then there's my late grandfather, who taught me so much math (non-euclidean geometry, most recently) as well as my Norwegian history & language that it's continually sinking in - I'll never really finish extrapolating. Also, honorable mention to my great aunt & uncle on my other side, my uncle is hilarious (speaks in puns, will google ANYTHING) and my great aunt recently got me thinking that I got savantism from my mom's side & HFA from my Norsk side - she's basically a world class pianist.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jan 2015, 1:31 am

I chose none. I'm an only child & I never been close to my parents or my extended family.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 4:07 am

I can't pick one. Although I exchange emails with one of my sisters (and my mother) more often than with others, they (and my parents) are all equally important to me. I enjoy spending time with them all.

I don't even remember the faces of my cousins. They are pretty much strangers.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 7:44 am

I like my aunt, who lives on a farm. I would enjoy going there as a kid and seeing all the animals, as well as swim in her pool. She is also sweet and gives good advice.

I also like my grandmother. I would spend some nights having dinner with her (I used to live next door to her), as well as bake cookies with her. What I admire most about her though, is that she handles almost everything with a positive attitude.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 5:51 pm

Well, in the PAST, I would've said that I like 2 my of aunts, and my eldest sister, the best----but, my sister UNfriended me on FB, 1 of my aunts died, and the other one has only talked to me, a couple of times, maybe, since I got my diagnosis.