Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

birdsandbugs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jun 2013, 9:46 am

So I've been into ASMR videos on YouTube for the past half year or so. For those that don't know it stands for autonomous sensory meridan reaction. It's a brain reaction that (supposedly) gives you pleasant body tingles when exposed to certain auditory and visual stimuli. Basically the videos are intended for the tingles, relaxation, sleep-aid and de-stress. I don't necessarily watch them for any of those reasons (but it helps sometimes) but they are trippy as hell and I cannot stop watching them! It reminds me of when I was younger and obsessed with The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. Instead of coming home from school to watch cartoons I would watch him and just chill.

There are many types of ASMR videos out there including role plays, whispering, hypnosis and object tapping. Personally I am into nail-tapping and whisper videos where the girls use a binaural mic. If you use headphones, it sounds like they are whispering in your ear. My favorite ASMRtists right now are Heather Feather, GentleWhispering, TheWaterWhispers, SoftlyGaloshes and MissGIJoeTV.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2013, 9:48 am

Too much like "New Age" pseudo-therapy for me; so no, I am not "into" ASMR.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Enc
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jun 2013, 11:46 am

birdsandbugs wrote:
So I've been into ASMR videos on YouTube for the past half year or so. For those that don't know it stands for autonomous sensory meridan reaction. It's a brain reaction that (supposedly) gives you pleasant body tingles when exposed to certain auditory and visual stimuli. Basically the videos are intended for the tingles, relaxation, sleep-aid and de-stress. I don't necessarily watch them for any of those reasons (but it helps sometimes) but they are trippy as hell and I cannot stop watching them! It reminds me of when I was younger and obsessed with The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. Instead of coming home from school to watch cartoons I would watch him and just chill.

There are many types of ASMR videos out there including role plays, whispering, hypnosis and object tapping. Personally I am into nail-tapping and whisper videos where the girls use a binaural mic. If you use headphones, it sounds like they are whispering in your ear. My favorite ASMRtists right now are Heather Feather, GentleWhispering, TheWaterWhispers, SoftlyGaloshes and MissGIJoeTV.

You should watch quietgently as well. She is sooooooooooo good :D

And ASMR has nothing to do with therapy wtf! It's fun, Bob Ross invented it haha.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2013, 1:46 pm

I don't see how I could be into it when I don't experience the reaction. If there was a way it could be induced in someone who normally wouldn't experience it then I'd be interested.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Nov 2013, 7:10 am

I get this. :) And love it.

Lots more about it on this thread: :) http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt212269.html :)

4k33m
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 May 2015, 8:16 am

seaturtleisland wrote:
I don't see how I could be into it when I don't experience the reaction. If there was a way it could be induced in someone who normally wouldn't experience it then I'd be interested.

Probably... Little is known about ASMR, and until recently I didn't know I 'had' it - you should try to find if you have any triggers :)

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 9:56 am

Totally, I watch it almost every day. Usually in the evening to prepare for sleep. I do get the tingles, although they used to be stronger when I wasn't exposed to it everyday and only experienced it like a few times a year, without knowing what it was. But even without the tingles I find most ASMR stuff calming, especially doctor or hair cut roleplays, stuff like that.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 2:00 pm

Though I've only done ASMR once or twice, I was surprised at my positive response. I can get a similar reaction for Bob Ross and Teletubbies. Go figure.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 12:16 pm

I stumbled across an ASMR video on YouTube a few weeks back. At first I was wondering why the person on the video was talking so softly. And yeah, I was able to physically react to it, too. But it may have been because it was a quiet night and I was already quite relaxed. I imagine if I were more active that evening I wouldn't have gotten anything out of it. I'm also wondering if most people are, in fact, able to have a similar reaction under similar circumstances.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 12:24 pm

...My .