Do you track your packages?
Hell yeah, I love to track my packages. 96%  96%  [ 24 ]
No thats boring. I just wait for them to arrive. 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 25

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 2:40 pm

I love to track my packages. Even if the contents are nothing exciting, it just seems so incredibly satisfying to know the exact location of the shipment, and what route it is taking. Of course there are always the disappointments too. Like when you are expecting too see that magical "Out For Delivery" status, but instead the package sits in the local sorting facility for two days before they send it out. I hate that.

The estimated delivery date for this package is Wednesday, November 20, 2013. But I'm betting that I'm going to get it on Monday.

Last edited by Max000 on 18 Nov 2013, 4:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 2:49 pm

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 3:09 pm

yup, and then i use google maps with it...

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 3:28 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
yup, and then i use google maps with it...

:thumright: Yep, doing that too. Just waiting to see if the truck will stop in Sacramento or continue right on to Oakland. :bounce:

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

16 Nov 2013, 6:25 pm

I sure do. :) I get excited as the days get closer.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2013, 1:04 am

Yes, especially something I really wanted! I would check the delivery status at least once a day.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2013, 2:03 am

I've ordered stuff from China so it's interesting to watch their long journey.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Nov 2013, 4:27 am

I don't exactly love to track them but I do it alot sometimes partly due to OCD & because I want to make sure there isn't a problem with delivery. We had packages & mail get lost by mail carriers for a while when I lived with my parents. We had mail that didn't belong to us, tracking info sometimes showed things as leaving the local facility but we'd get them a couple days latter I assume because they ended up in someone elses box who was honest & put them back in his/her box instead of keeping them. We also seen the mail jeep go by & not pick up outgoing mail for us & our neighbors even thou the flags were up.
I had packages get stolen where I'm at now because the mailboxes are small room next to the sidewalk & there were parcel boxes available on the other side but the mail was not using them so the mail carriers just left packages on top the mail boxes where anyone walking on the sidewalk could look in or any neighbors checking mail could see em & jack em. The mail eventually started using the parcel boxes(they put in new locks) after I b!tched alot & we requested that our mail be held because we were told that we could not hold just our packages because others would want to hold them so they could check at the facility in the mornings before they would get delivered. They gave us a hard time whenever we went there to check our mail because mail holds are only supposed to be when you won't be home to check for awhile instead of going to the facility regularly because others would go there to get their mail in the mornings instead of waiting for the it to be delivered. It p!ssed me off so much to get told that I had to hold all mail by one person & the people there using the same argument to tell me that I cant hold mail. The reason the post office is having financial trouble is because they hire & keep people with no brains & people who don't give a $h!t instead of having hardworking responsible employees. It's great that the post office gives preference to minorities & the mentally disabled but they should only hire & keep them if they do their jobs well.

I want to be sure that I'm up, around & listening when packages shipped by UPS & FedEx get here even if they don't require a signature because we live a a townhouse apartment & they would leave the packages on the steps which are rite next to the sidewalk so the neighbors or anyone walking by could jack em; they should have company policies against leaving them in unsafe conditions like that but unfortunately they require you to pay or have a paid membership so you can make delivery changes like delivering on a different day or having them hold it at the local facility for you to pick up.

Of coarse I want to be up, around & listening when packages that require signatures come in so I can sign then instead of having to wait & being available, around & listening when they attempt a redeliver or us having to go pick em up at the local facility. I wanted to be up, around & listening when I lived with my parents so I could get it in my room hopefully before mom would notice because she gripped about how I was spending my money ordering things instead of using it to contribute to the household.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 3:40 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I've ordered stuff from China so it's interesting to watch their long journey.

That sounds like fun. I think the longest distance I've tracked a package was from New York or New Jersey to San Francisco by ground transportation. It usually gets scanned one time mid-trip some place close to Chicago. But sometimes there are couple of surprise locations along the route.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 9:05 am

I always like to track my packages. I'm waiting for one to arrive now, and I've been checking on it at least 2-3 times a day. It's supposed to arrive this Wednesday. :D

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 2:56 pm

I had one shipped from Poland once, it took a few weeks. The longest portions of that is though was sitting in a warehouse a week before it was flown out of Europe, and then later when it was awaiting customs approval at a US port. It was neat tracking that thing :D

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 3:12 pm

Our Royal Mail Tracking in the UK is a bit hit or miss. For days it will just advise that "It is progressing through the system and will be delivered shortly." Even when it is delivered and signed for I'll get that message! :lol:

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 3:36 pm

CosmicRuss wrote:
Our Royal Mail Tracking in the UK is a bit hit or miss. For days it will just advise that "It is progressing through the system and will be delivered shortly." Even when it is delivered and signed for I'll get that message! :lol:

Thats sad. For some reason the USPS, UPS, and FedEx tracking here all work pretty good. I hear them drop the package on my door step. I go out and pick it up, come back in and update the tracking one last time on my computer. Right away it shows "Delivered" and the exact time right to the minute it was dropped on my doorstep. I don't even know how they update it that fast.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2013, 4:15 pm

Max000 wrote:
I love to track my packages. Even if the contents are nothing exciting, it just seems so incredibly satisfying to know the exact location of the shipment, and what route it is taking. Of course there are always the disappointments too. Like when you are expecting too see that magical "Out For Delivery" status, but instead the package sits in the local sorting facility for two days before they send it out. I hate that.

The estimated delivery date for this package is Wednesday, November 20, 2013. But I'm betting that I'm going to get it on Monday.

Well disappointment. :( Not going to be getting the package today, or probably even tomorrow. The truck has been parked in Sacramento for two days. I guess the driver went home for the weekend. If it had made it to the Bay Area on Saturday, I would have probably gotten it today. Thats the way it goes.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 2:03 pm

Yep.

November 18, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility
KEARNY, NJ 07099

November 18, 2013 , 6:14 pm
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
KEARNY, NJ 07099

November 18, 2013 , 4:58 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
MONROE TOWNSHIP, NJ 08831

November 18, 2013
Electronic Shipping Info Received

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2013, 8:58 pm

I get it tomorrow, finally. On time, if not as early as I thought I'd get it.