Page 2096 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2093, 2094, 2095, 2096, 2097, 2098, 2099 ... 4092  Next

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 3:02 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
that eyewig is her eye. it's compound.

Piercing eyes?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 3:19 pm

Quote:
why did you feed her grass.

I fed her grass because I was told that cats like to eat it, and I didn't know they use it to throw up.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 4:45 pm

Froya wrote:
I hope this thing isn't real 8O

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 4:50 pm

there is a spray in the US called feliway (cat cheek pheromones) that calms cats. don't know if it will attract them. it's not a bad idea to clip cat claws. i use a regular nail clipper. just clip off the sharp ends and don't try to do all four paws in one sitting.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:05 pm

Froya wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Chinese bugs or rolly-polly's and pollywogs.

That looks kind of like a cross between a pill bug and Cthulhu 8O . It's probably actually some species of marine isopod.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:25 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Froya wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Chinese bugs or rolly-polly's and pollywogs.

That looks kind of like a cross between a pill bug and Cthulhu 8O . It's probably actually some species of marine isopod.

also likely tastes like lobster.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:45 pm

Why is it that so many common English words have double meanings referring to sex these days?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:48 pm

I hope you don't get mad at me.... :oops:

As I said I hoped it wasn't real.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:57 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Why is it that so many common English words have double meanings referring to sex these days?

Can you give some examples of what words you mean?

( 8) )

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:58 pm

Froya wrote:
I hope you don't get mad at me.... :oops:

As I said I hoped it wasn't real.

Ah, OK - I thought the head looked a bit suspicious. It's definitely inspired by marine isopods, though :)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:01 pm

^Yes, and they do apparently get that big!

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:03 pm

Froya wrote:

Good news: this is not a real creature.

I have been wanting to learn about photo forensics for a while and this awesome website offers tutorials and tools for figuring out if a photo is real.

The image it's self has few signs of tampering. It did go through Photoshop according to it's metadata and that is consistent with the creature being unusually high contrast (because Photoshop sharpens images). However, other then that the image seems legit.

That is except for one thing: a reverse image search reveals that the original source for the image is a thumbnail for a video. A video on this website to be exact.

If you watch the video you will find that the insect is not real, it's a robot designed to look real. I could look into it more but I think it's supposed to resemble an extinct species, the one in the image is not real though.

Thanks for accidentally giving me a fun project and making me learn things. :mrgreen:

I just hit submit only to find that Froya beat me to this. Oh well, posting it anyway.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:07 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
Thanks for accidentally giving me a fun project and making me learn things. :mrgreen:

You're welcome! :mrgreen:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:22 pm

Froya wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:

( 8) )

Um...are you sure you want to know? I mean, I don't want you accidentally thinking 'dirty' things if you look at them in different contexts...

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:26 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Froya wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:

( 8) )

Um...are you sure you want to know? I mean, I don't want you accidentally thinking 'dirty' things if you look at them in different contexts...

I was sort of just joking really. No, you don't need to tell me :)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:28 pm

Oh, phew. That's a relief. :lol: