Page 2158 of 4092 [ 65465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2155, 2156, 2157, 2158, 2159, 2160, 2161 ... 4092  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:58 pm

I'm in a suburban area, not a rural one, but we get the occasional coyote or bobcat around here. That's just one of the reasons our cat stayed exclusively indoors and my dog never goes out in the yard without me. But I think it's really cool when I get to see one :)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:05 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
why did you make it sick?

I don't know what happened. I stroked it, and a few days later it looked like that 8O

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:11 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Enceladus wrote:
Froya wrote:
I went for a walk and had a conversation about dogs with a neighbor. Things like that can feel good when you're isolated.

Things like that terrifies me 8O Talking to strangers, or my neighbours for that matter. Actually I think the neighbours scares me the most :P

Isolation is not fun though, I know all about that :(

Me too. I've been isolated for so long, it's what I'm used to now, and conversations with people outside my immediate family make me nervous. I'm getting better about it online, at least. I used to be too timid to even post anything here - I was exclusively a lurker for several years before I finally worked up the courage to start posting. Now I don't shut up here :)
Yes, me too. At least the online conversation seems to be going a little better. In real life the isolation has just gotten worse.

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2017, 5:18 pm

Practising being around people does help though even if you have to try like forever to get the hang of it and then fail a lot in the process. And I have failed a lot, even had to move to another city to get away from people and isolation. My solution to get out of isolation has been Aspie meetups and meetups for people with mental health issues. People there don't care if you're strange or have issues because they know all about it themselves.

Though I never got the hang of spending time with NTs with normal lives and no apparent mental health issues :?

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:18 pm

Enceladus wrote:
Oh no! Poor moose :(

It's a good thing that it doesn't have to suffer anymore :)

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2017, 5:49 pm

^Yes I agree, it's better that way. I actually grew up on a farm with lot's of animals and stuff and I'm no stranger to see animals having to be put down due to some decease or accidents that hurt them. Even though I have never been the one who has to do it I always feel a sorrow just thinking about the animal suffering and it having to be killed.

I've seen some horrible things, the elements can be pretty rough on the animals sometimes. Like this summer some crows had killed a lamb getting stuck in a fence. Just thinking about it makes me sad and angry at the crows and that stupid fence. But it's just how nature is, accidents happen.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 6:01 pm

^Not everything like that gets to me to be honest. But somethings I've seen is just so horrible that I can feel it for days after. When I think about some of the unimagniable torture that is done to animals certain places in the world, I fantasise about that the same treatment should be done to the people that perform this heinous acts. Which in reality would be just as bad I guess.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 6:07 pm

At work a vending machine seems to have rejected capitalism and has started taking money without giving any snacks in return.

So far it has eaten $2.90 of my money because I had the common sense to try a few times. "Maybe only the drink vending part is broken and chips will work... Nope. If the card reader just steals your money then maybe cash will make it behave differently... Nope again."

Sometimes I want to slap myself for taking such a scientific approach to everything, there are times when repeating experiments to verify the conclusion is a really bad idea.

EDIT: Actually it apparently hasn't charged my card for one of the bags of chips I payed for and didn't get so really I'm only in the hole $2.00. If it weren't a really bad idea I would say that this demands further investigation.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2017, 6:25 pm

Froya wrote:
^Not everything like that gets to me to be honest. But somethings I've seen is just so horrible that I can feel it for days after. When I think about some of the unimagniable torture that is done to animals certain places in the world, I fantasise about that the same treatment should be done to the people that perform this heinous acts. Which in reality would be just as bad I guess.

Yes humans causing animals to suffer is the worst. Nature is just nature, it's just how it is. But people we have a conscience and morals and should be able to relate to the suffering of other beings, especially when we are the cause of the suffering. People torturing animals for fun just makes me so mad :x

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 6:32 pm

Enceladus wrote:
Yes humans causing animals to suffer is the worst. Nature is just nature, it's just how it is. But people we have a conscience and morals and should be able to relate to the suffering of other beings, especially when we are the cause of the suffering. People torturing animals for fun just makes me so mad :x

My thoughts exactly. Animals aren't just objects for our amusement or making money, they're living things just like us and should be treated with some care and respect.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 9:17 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
At work a vending machine seems to have rejected capitalism and has started taking money without giving any snacks in return.

So far it has eaten $2.90 of my money because I had the common sense to try a few times. "Maybe only the drink vending part is broken and chips will work... Nope. If the card reader just steals your money then maybe cash will make it behave differently... Nope again."

Sometimes I want to slap myself for taking such a scientific approach to everything, there are times when repeating experiments to verify the conclusion is a really bad idea.

EDIT: Actually it apparently hasn't charged my card for one of the bags of chips I payed for and didn't get so really I'm only in the hole $2.00. If it weren't a really bad idea I would say that this demands further investigation.

file a formal complaint to the head of the vending machines department.

alternatively you can smash it to bits with the largest pummeling object you can comfortably wield....

what's bad about investigating? seems like just a bad machine.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 10:28 pm

Food must be cheap where mikeman lives.
Here you couldn't even buy a can of drink for $2.90.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 10:59 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Food must be cheap where mikeman lives.
Here you couldn't even buy a can of drink for $2.90.

Wow - where I live, vending machine beverages usually cost $1.25, and a little bag of chips is a dollar or less.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 11:05 pm

Vending machines are expensive.
Most are between $2.50 - $4.00 for a drink.
You could buy a 2L bottle of Coke at the store for about $2.50

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 11:59 pm

Sometimes I walk into the bathroom and my cat is huddled in the bathtub like a gigantic hairball.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 1:29 am

we adopted these fur babies today. cuddles is the calico. rooster lost an eye to a raccoon. they are both cuddle bugs.