Page 2505 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2502, 2503, 2504, 2505, 2506, 2507, 2508 ... 4092  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 1:54 am

Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
^^^ why doesn't depression count?

The Bible Belt thinks depression is a myth and that all you need to do is work yourself to death or let God take it out of you. :roll:

depression is the biggest cause of disability. ridiculous to call it a myth. can you appeal? and appeal? and appeal?

My mind pretty much thinks I am doomed and should just put myself out of my misery. Having Aspergers and being born into the Bible Belt has been a living nightmare for me.

your mind isn't working perfectly because it's being influenced by the negativity of depression. please appeal.

I feel like I might need a break from this forum. It's just not helping me to post on here. Even the people who say they are on my side eventually tell me to get lost. :(

i'm sorry if i sounded dismissive. it's just that depression lies to us that we need to give up.

My thought patterns have been the way they are for nearly 12 years now, though. Will it take the same amount of time to change them? I can't bear living another 12 years like I've had to go through.

with help and conscientious practice, you can change your thought patterns in a matter of months. google cbt and see if there are a few thoughts you can challenge now. if your therapist is skilled in cbt, a proven treatment, he/she is worth fighting to keep.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:24 am

cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

The Bible Belt thinks depression is a myth and that all you need to do is work yourself to death or let God take it out of you. :roll:

depression is the biggest cause of disability. ridiculous to call it a myth. can you appeal? and appeal? and appeal?

My mind pretty much thinks I am doomed and should just put myself out of my misery. Having Aspergers and being born into the Bible Belt has been a living nightmare for me.

your mind isn't working perfectly because it's being influenced by the negativity of depression. please appeal.

I feel like I might need a break from this forum. It's just not helping me to post on here. Even the people who say they are on my side eventually tell me to get lost. :(

i'm sorry if i sounded dismissive. it's just that depression lies to us that we need to give up.

My thought patterns have been the way they are for nearly 12 years now, though. Will it take the same amount of time to change them? I can't bear living another 12 years like I've had to go through.

with help and conscientious practice, you can change your thought patterns in a matter of months. google cbt and see if there are a few thoughts you can challenge now. if your therapist is skilled in cbt, a proven treatment, he/she is worth fighting to keep.

I don't have a therapist anymore, though. Our last session was a week ago. She actually did some CBT with me but my mind still remained entrenched with the thoughts I have. This only reinforces the idea that my brain can't change and I can't learn new things.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:17 am

Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

I don't have a therapist anymore, though. Our last session was a week ago. She actually did some CBT with me but my mind still remained entrenched with the thoughts I have. This only reinforces the idea that my brain can't change and I can't learn new things.

how much cbt is "some cbt?" doesn't sound as if that was the main focus.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:39 am

Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

anyone who can so creatively reinforce his own depression with thoughts that counter many attempts to help is obviously smart and can learn.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 5:52 am

Boo is back!! :D

Briefly. :(

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:11 am

Raleigh wrote:

This is great news :heart:

I don't know Boo but I know they touched a lot of hearts.

Morning all.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:21 am

Raleigh wrote:

I'll try to be here on the weekends :)

Hugs!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:40 am

Booy must be some important person. I’m thinking she’s a local politician...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:41 am

:mrgreen: In that case we need more weekends.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:44 am

cberg wrote:
:mrgreen: In that case we need more weekends.

ROFL, me important :lol:

btw, thanks guys :D

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:45 am

Oh, and milady kip, I got my revenge :twisted:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:48 am

Not Mod.....but definitely Mad :jester:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

LOL I do strive to achieve that goal, thanks :jester:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:54 am

Booyakasha wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

LOL I do strive to achieve that goal, thanks :jester:

Oh and some sig has been tweaked. :P

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 7:25 am

I am very pleased to meet you Boo and look forward to getting to know you better. :)

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 7:27 am

Temeraire wrote:
I am very pleased to meet you Boo and look forward to getting to know you better. :)

Hi there, nice to meet you too :)