Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 11:22 pm

When i was younger i had several pets frogs since at the time they were my obsession,but i'm gonna go to a campground this weekend and i need some frog hunting advice,i'm not gonna keep them as pets (you don't wanna know why) but i need to get out more...

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 11:26 pm

Frogs are awesome. I found some at home once, but they're underground. -_-

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 11:30 pm

Unknown wrote:
When i was younger i had several pets frogs since at the time they were my obsession,but i'm gonna go to a campground this weekend and i need some frog hunting advice,i'm not gonna keep them as pets (you don't wanna know why) but i need to get out more...

Why don't you ask Jamie Hyneman. He went frog giggn' as a kid, I believe, or ask someone from that area.....

You're not going to kill them cruelly and dissect them? Or have you now got a taste for Froggy frog legs by the frogs (apologies to French viewers of WP)....

On sabbatical...

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 11:41 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Unknown wrote:

Why don't you ask Jamie Hyneman. He went frog giggn' as a kid, I believe, or ask someone from that area.....

You're not going to kill them cruelly and dissect them? Or have you now got a taste for Froggy frog legs by the frogs (apologies to French viewers of WP)....
No i'm not gonna kill them.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 11:45 pm

Unknown wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Unknown wrote:

If you're cruel to them, I'll flame you. If it was cane toads you were dealing with, I'd say good luck, but frogs....

On sabbatical...

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 11:51 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Unknown wrote:

If you're cruel to them, I'll flame you. If it was cane toads you were dealing with, I'd say good luck, but frogs....
No cane toads in ohio,why what about them?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

17 Apr 2007, 11:53 pm

I saw some cute little albino clawed frogs in Walmart today in the fish/aquarium department.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 12:01 am

...long fly pole with a fly on the end and a light...shine the light...wave the fly in front of their mouth and they'll bite just about every time. Just be careful unhooking them.

If you're going to net them instead be prepared to fall in the mud...they're quick.

jfberge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 12:30 am

Beenthere wrote:
...long fly pole with a fly on the end and a light...shine the light...wave the fly in front of their mouth and they'll bite just about every time.

Guaranteed. Bullfrogs will eat any damn thing that moves. I used to use a plastic worm with the hook barb removed. The frog would stuff the worm in its mouth and you could reel it in, despite the fact that it wasn't hooked. It just wouldn't let go of the worm. Like the Simpson's episode where Homer hand his hand stuck in the vending machine and was about to have it sawed off before he admitted that he was just holding on to the candy bar,

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:03 am

Unknown wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Unknown wrote:

They're common around here, and I hates them! Gollum! Gollum!

On sabbatical...

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 3:25 am

If you can go out at dark, if you shine a flashlight in their eyes it hypnotizes them. Kinda the same as that deer in the headlights saying. They get sorta mesmorized by light for a few seconds. Long enough to grab one at least. I remember that from when my dad and uncle went frog gigging when I was a kid. Oh just be careful of pond water. My dad came home covered in leaches after one outing...just stay out of the water.

I know for Bullfrogs if you grab one and they try to squirm away if you flip them over and rub on their bellies they will go completely limp. I've heard gators do the same thing, but I wouldn't try it. You're not suppose to leave them permanently flipped over on their backs stunned like that though because it hurts them. I forget what, maybe its gives them low blood pressure.

Gilb
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 11:34 am

my advice:
Go to France there are millions of frogs there :P, especially in Paris

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Apr 2007, 12:01 pm

ahaha, poor france!! id live there/ france rules, it also has the highest mountan in europe if im not mistaken, mount blanc or something :D

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 12:14 pm

We have lots of frogs in the ponds in the backyard they moved in and made themselves at home.

KalahariMeerkat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2007, 4:43 pm

I once saved a little toad from these dumb NT teenagers who were torturing it and they chased me home in attempts to get it back (they didn't).

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 6:38 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Unknown wrote:

They're common around here, and I hates them! Gollum! Gollum!

Can toads are an introduced pest (native to Sth America?).

My cousins in the Sunshine Coast used to make them jump and then whack them with a tennis racket. :lol:

But I agree with you about not hurting frogs. In Victoria all frogs are protected species. Some people still use them for fishing bait :evil: