Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you find it easier to make friends with the opposite sex?
I have more friends of my own sex. 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
I have more friends of the opposite sex. 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
I just haven't had much luck in the friend department altogether. 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

xboxboy247
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 7:45 pm

Wow. We got off topic fast.

Like discussing Film and Writing?
Go here! http://fwc.eamped.com/

Save The Internet! It's not going to save itself!
http://www.savetheinternet.com/

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 7:49 pm

I've been ignored many times when I want to join a conversation and I feel frustrated, probably they think I wouldn't have anything good to say.

kiki3, are you a mom? these women are all mothers, there you have a clique

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 7:51 pm

You like very talented and accomplished talk show hosts, don't you?

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 8:29 pm

greenblue wrote:
I've been ignored many times when I want to join a conversation and I feel frustrated, probably they think I wouldn't have anything good to say.

kiki3, are you a mom? these women are all mothers, there you have a clique

Yes, I'm a mom too. Otherwise, I'm sure I would never put myself in these kinds of uncomfortable situations.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2007, 8:41 pm

kiki3:
I just want to tell you I feel for you also. I feel the same way so much, so many times, in so many situations.. With most women, I'm usually ignored or get pretty negative reactions.

And I don't ever understand it either..

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 8:42 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
You like very talented and accomplished talk show hosts, don't you?

Well, Peter Tomarken was one of my favorites. Would you consider him talented and accomplished?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 8:51 pm

I think it has something to do with body language or facial expressions, but I think they don't see us in their 'mirror neurons' and it is sort of a mind blindness. I mean, WE have mind blindness about THEM, why wouldn't they have it with us?

Its a common situation, it must be, we are all talking about the commonness of the experience. So. . why not?

Also, if you DID walk right up to those women and ask them "WHY?" I'll bet they would not be able to tell you even if they wanted to, tried to. . . they wouldn't know either.

and I don't think they WANTED the real reason either. NTs have this thing they do. .they talk just to talk and don't really need any information exchanged. No, REALLY! I am not kidding!
they just want to conjecture and speculate. That's why they like to gossip.

just my 2 cents,

Merle

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:26 pm

I said talk show hosts, but Regis Philbin was both.

I miss Peter Tomarken a lot. What happened to him was devastating!

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 10:56 pm

newaspie wrote:
kiki3:
I just want to tell you I feel for you also. I feel the same way so much, so many times, in so many situations.. With most women, I'm usually ignored or get pretty negative reactions.

And I don't ever understand it either..

Thanks! :D

I've never had an easy time with women, but I wonder if it would be different if I knew some Aspie women in real life. I might get the chance to find out. I think I might have met one. I've sort of suspected that she could be an Aspie, from the few times we talked. Last week, I had a chance to talk to her for quite a while. In the middle of our conversation, she blurted out that she had just bought some deoderant. It seemed very random, so now I'm really wondering.

Do you have an easier time having conversations with men? For the most part, I do. I don't know if it's because I was raised around all guys or what. They seem to accept me easier than women do. And, it's not that I have more in common with them. I'm not a tomboy at all. I've always been a complete girly-girl, who just happens to feel more comfortable talking to men. Even that has its limits, though. My brother-in-law hated me from our first meeting. He's one of those arrogant preppy keeping-up-with-the-Jones types. I can't stand those men, and it's obvious that they feel the same way about me.

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 10:57 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
I think it has something to do with body language or facial expressions, but I think they don't see us in their 'mirror neurons' and it is sort of a mind blindness. I mean, WE have mind blindness about THEM, why wouldn't they have it with us?

Its a common situation, it must be, we are all talking about the commonness of the experience. So. . why not?

Also, if you DID walk right up to those women and ask them "WHY?" I'll bet they would not be able to tell you even if they wanted to, tried to. . . they wouldn't know either.

and I don't think they WANTED the real reason either. NTs have this thing they do. .they talk just to talk and don't really need any information exchanged. No, REALLY! I am not kidding!
they just want to conjecture and speculate. That's why they like to gossip.

just my 2 cents,

Merle

You may be right. Maybe there is no tangible explanation for it.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:58 pm

Do you wish Peter Tomarken was still with us?

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2007, 11:03 pm

Quote:
kiki3:
Do you have an easier time having conversations with men? For the most part, I do.

I was actually was a big tomboy running around barefoot outside and didn't quite get that I was supposed to be acting and dressing "like a girl" until around 12ish but was raised and around mostly all girls, so I guess the exact opposite of you.

But yes- I have always been able to talk to men much more easily by far. It seems much easier to hold a conversation, and I don't get the high negative reactions.

And I would agree: I can't stand the overly egotistical or materialistic types either. :roll:

Last edited by newaspie on 09 May 2007, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 11:05 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
I said talk show hosts, but Regis Philbin was both.

I miss Peter Tomarken a lot. What happened to him was devastating!

Oh, sorry! Well, I never really watched Regis's talk show regularly. I'm not a big fan of talk shows. I'll watch Oprah or Dr. Phil if their subject matter interests me, but most of the time it doesn't. My favorite talk show host is Jay Leno. He just seems like a down-to-Earth kind of guy, not like a schmoozy celebrity. His goofiness makes me laugh. I like Conan O'Brien a lot too, although I almost never get the chance to watch him.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:08 pm

Peter Tomarken passed away.

If you don't believe me, read this!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 753S15.DTL

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2007, 11:10 pm

newaspie wrote:
Quote:
kiki3:
Do you have an easier time having conversations with men? For the most part, I do.

I was actually was a big tomboy running around barefoot outside and didn't quite get that I was supposed to be acting and dressing "like a girl" until around 12ish but was raised and around mostly all girls, so I guess the exact opposite of you.

But yes- I have always been able to talk to men much more easily by far. It seems much easier to hold a conversation, and I don't get the high negative reactions.

Though I would agree: I can't stand the overly egotistical or materialistic types either. :roll:

It must have something to do with them not expecting us to be exactly like them, so they're not as quick to notice that we're also nothing like NT women. They know that we're different from them, but they expect women to be different.

Aspie men, do you find it easier to have friendships with NT women than NT men? I'm curious to know if it works both ways.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:12 pm

I'm sure you'll listen to me when you read my last reply to you in this thread!