Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Nov 2018, 1:23 pm

Wondering does any herbalist or scientist sell drugs or compounds isolated from herbs?

It sounds like most herbalists just sell "whole herb extract"

Senatriss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Nov 2018, 1:34 pm

My aunt was a herbalist and always making her own miracle herb-soups that she would swear by whenever she got sick. Thinking about it she never was sick all that often but I'm not sure whether that was her herbs or not, I doubt it but you never know. She was a lot of fun though, my siblings and I always thought of her as a witch because she was always stirring her pot of herbs, we always laughed about that with her.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 2:10 pm

You can go to any drugstore and get a certain well known compound extracted from willow bark. Its called "aspirin".

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 1:30 pm

misha00 wrote:
Wondering does any herbalist or scientist sell drugs or compounds isolated from herbs?

Most chemists/drugstores sell compounds, either naturally derived or synthetic.
What compounds specifically?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 5:08 pm

As nothing is private on the internet I'm guessing hydroxynorketamine

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2018, 6:46 pm

misha00 wrote:

I wouldn't try mixing raw herb material with any current medication you are taking as it will just make all your existing symptoms worse.
Steer clear of Bach remedies and St John's Wort and high strength stuff.
I actually saw a documentary recently that saw people needing liver transplants because of Green Tea extracted tablets and so, I would acoustics these and any scam pharmacy's on the Internet as they are not qualified or good and you are not having a proper one to one. I know some g.ps carry out web cam chats but this is done by your registered practitioner and I don't have it. I have been ill from taking certain ones and never felt great after so review what you feel you need to take or change, and only listen to formal case studies which can be brought up online or in feedback form, as the after effects are not worth it.
Avoid anything containing acid as this is not good either, if you have had a recent cerebral disturbance, or other sensory episode that could impair your long term judgement.